Author Topic: Some suggestions for next patch  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Friedturtle

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Some suggestions for next patch
« on: October 17, 2013, 03:31:02 pm »
+37
I heard some things about another patch coming out soon, and had some idea's which I wanted to share:

* It might be an idea for Defend The Virgin to remove the multiplicator next to the XP-bar, and replace it for something so you can see which wave you are playing at that moment.

* Maybe it would be fun if you'd be able to reset your own K/D on c-rpg.net, it has no function at all, and some people would like to know what their ratio is after level 33 for example.

* Automatically turn on the Poll for changing maps if the amount of people is getting less than 15(?) for example. It happens quiet often that a server dies because there is a huge map, and people will get bored very fast.

* Instead of using Ctrl + M to report teamhits, maybe change it to forgive people. IMO 5 teamhits are way to much if we're talking about intensional teamhits. So changing it to forgiving people and with a max of 6 maybe could be more useful?

* Nerf the fog a bit. It can be really annoying in some maps if the fog is to much. People don't know where they are going, and getting lost really fast. The first round ends up with flags, and the only way to avoid that again is to put up a battalion flag at the point you met ur enemy's last round.

* 'All thine hard work...' message is still in the game. It might be an idea to remove that since it doesn't add anything to the game anymore.

* Maybe erase the option to choose a team, there is no game mode where it's useful anymore. Everyone has to choose a team, Red Team / White Team for example, but because of the balance system it doesn't make any sense anymore.

Good luck with the next patch!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Some suggestions for next patch
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 04:24:44 pm »
+1
I support this notion.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 04:45:19 pm »
+8
I +'ed, but I still think it should be ctrl+m to punish, not forgive.  Lots of people who do not report teamwounds, would also not forgive people in the heat of the moment (too busy, or too lazy).  Teamhits happen, you shouldn't be automatically punished for hitting a teammate. 

Def agreed about the getting rid of choosing teams (it doesn't always work depending on how many people are on the team). 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 07:39:30 pm »
change team selection with class selection so you can have multiple preset equipment combinations!

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 07:42:07 pm »
change team selection with class selection so you can have multiple preset equipment combinations!
sound familiar-
don't like!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 07:58:36 pm »
sound familiar-
don't like!
really? why not?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 08:08:36 pm »
+9
I've a suggestion for the next patch - RELEASE IT!

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 08:19:30 pm »
+2
IMO keep "All thine hard word..." it's a fun and quirky feature. :)

Otherwise those are some good suggestions.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 09:35:06 pm »
+8
"All thine hard work..." should be replaced with "[FIDLGB_Rhalzo] You're doing a great job"
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Friedturtle

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 12:20:48 am »
I +'ed, but I still think it should be ctrl+m to punish, not forgive.  Lots of people who do not report teamwounds, would also not forgive people in the heat of the moment (too busy, or too lazy).  Teamhits happen, you shouldn't be automatically punished for hitting a teammate.   

Yeah, maybe you're right about this one, but the thing I don't like is that the Ctrl + M system we still work with is not really working. The people which are intensional teamhitting are aware of this system and will stop hitting when they have 4 reports, so they won't get kicked. The only real solution is an admin kicking / banning these people :/

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 04:57:02 am »
+1
* Maybe erase the option to choose a team, there is no game mode where it's useful anymore. Everyone has to choose a team, Red Team / White Team for example, but because of the balance system it doesn't make any sense anymore.

It would be great not to be able to select the team you want and make it auto balance player amount. It's really annoying when it's a battle with like 20 players and one side has all the good players and then the only good person on the bad team joins spectator and somehow joins the winning team. I know it auto balances player amount already but somehow they can get by it.

So i'd rather the option for faction select when you join a server to be like this.

Join Battle

Spectator

...and it would be an auto balance to whichever team needs more players.

Excuse me if that did not make sense.  :oops:

* Instead of using Ctrl + M to report teamhits, maybe change it to forgive people. IMO 5 teamhits are way to much if we're talking about intensional teamhits. So changing it to forgiving people and with a max of 6 maybe could be more useful?

This idea has been touched on before and I strongly appose this. It may work in shooter games, but it definitely won't work in cRPG. Some people don't pay attention too closely, other may have their hands tied up in a fight at the moment, and others may not be quick enough to forgive. Honestly it would be such a hassle to always hit ctrl + m instead of occasionally.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 06:47:39 am »
All cav would be kicked almost immediately with your warn suggestion.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 07:23:35 am »
I'd rather not have to stop to press a key to insure a friend or another play didn't get kicked the server.
Havelle you care so little for your buddies that you'd mind pressing a button to show them that you love them? Cold.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 08:20:24 am »
I like them, but I'm not in-like with them.
Omg Sandersson please give me rank 10 so I can kick Havelle.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 02:02:38 pm »
+1
personally i only agree on this:

* Maybe it would be fun if you'd be able to reset your own K/D on c-rpg.net, it has no function at all, and some people would like to know what their ratio is after level 33 for example.

* Automatically turn on the Poll for changing maps if the amount of people is getting less than 15(?) for example. It happens quiet often that a server dies because there is a huge map, and people will get bored very fast.

* 'All thine hard work...' message is still in the game. It might be an idea to remove that since it doesn't add anything to the game anymore.

Good luck with the next patch!

BUT ALSO DISABLE IT AGAIN WHEN REACHING A CERTAIN AMOUNT... pretty damn important imo :p