Author Topic: why onehanders are currently op..  (Read 6688 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: why onehanders are currently op..
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2013, 11:13:49 pm »
+1
I wouldnt call it OP, but the stab is just frustrating as hell. Some 1h players have taken the privilege of doing 90% of their attacks as stabs. Fuck those players!
Those are the 1h players with 31 pierce 26 cut weapons, and I still stabbed about 75% of the time before the animation was changed, the 1h rightswing needs to be longer than the 1h stab, besides that, things are fine.
i agree that longswords are bs, and polearms stab also need a rework
So you're basically saying that all weapons that aren't Greatswords and axes need nerfs, hmm, I wonder what weapon class you use on your level 35 main.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:20:15 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ulter

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Duke_Henry_HRE
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2013, 11:27:17 pm »
+1
As a shielder I have to agree with some points Rufio made.

They went over the top with stab animation buff, it is way too effective now, especially at the very end of the animation when it still does full damage, it should definietely be toned down a bit.
      I'm not a fan of the knockdownin general  in it's current form, but it seems even more silly on 1h maces. I think it should be reduced or even removed, and 1h maces could get a small damage increse in return.
      I think pierce 1h are fine. They are fast, but also rather short. If anything the damage could be reduced a very little bit.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2013, 11:38:05 pm »
+4
Unless the EU meta is as different from NA as Venus is from Earth, I'm not sure where this idea that 1h is far and away the most effective of class of weapon in large-scale engagements comes from. Consider the following:

Battle 1 (castle siege):

Battle 2 (village attack):

Battle 3 (village attack):

These are the three largest Strategus battles in which I have participated recently. None of them were "dominated" by 1hs; quite the opposite, in fact.

-In the first battle listed above, none of the players in the top 5 for either team were 1h. (Lumetta is a 2h, Firebus is a 2h, Voester is a polearmer, Duckles is a polearmer, and Sparvico is a polearmer. On the other team, Jack1 was a 2h at the time (now 1h), the Gobblin King is a 2h, Tretter is a 2h, Bonz is a 2h, and Canary is a polearmer.)

-In the second battle listed above, Occitan Arowaine is the only 1h player in the top 5 of either team. (Arowaine's score is quite impressive, especially considering the side he fought for didn't actually win, but the top player on the other team, the polearmer Leman_Russ, had almost double the number of kills that he did.)

-In the third battle listed above, Arowaine is again the only 1h player in the top 5 of either team. (As for the other players, Kaoklai is a 2h, Zulu_Donkeybulge aka Kesh is a 2h, and GiggleKnight_of_TKoV is a polearmer/thrower. The rest are mentioned above.)

These are pretty normal scoreboards for NA. With few exceptions, long weapons/high damage weapons make the greatest contributions in our group fights. That said, I don't think that this somehow means that 1h is weak, less important, more difficult to play, or anything like that, because it is not. I recognize that it just occupies a separate role on the battlefield (leading an advance, fragmenting the enemy blob so that 2hs and polearms can do their job more easily, harassing ranged, dying less often in general etc) due to the fact that it has different strengths as a playstyle.

All of you who are being very vehement partisans for or against a particular class, weapon, or whatever should step back and consider whether you are being willfully blind to the strengths of what you play while focusing excessively on the strengths of what you do not.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2013, 12:47:59 am »
The real issue here is the massively overpowered down-blocks. In my expert opinion they should be removed from the game forthwith.

(click to show/hide)
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2013, 01:13:21 am »
+3
Rufio, make sure you cry in a bucket so you can reuse the water later.

A single 5 gallon bucket may be too small, so make sure to grab two
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2013, 01:21:48 am »
+2
Unless the EU meta is as different from NA as Venus is from Earth, I'm not sure where this idea that 1h is far and away the most effective of class of weapon in large-scale engagements comes from. Consider the following:

Battle 1 (castle siege):

Battle 2 (village attack):

Battle 3 (village attack):

These are the three largest Strategus battles in which I have participated recently. None of them were "dominated" by 1hs; quite the opposite, in fact.

-In the first battle listed above, none of the players in the top 5 for either team were 1h. (Lumetta is a 2h, Firebus is a 2h, Voester is a polearmer, Duckles is a polearmer, and Sparvico is a polearmer. On the other team, Jack1 was a 2h at the time (now 1h), the Gobblin King is a 2h, Tretter is a 2h, Bonz is a 2h, and Canary is a polearmer.)

-In the second battle listed above, Occitan Arowaine is the only 1h player in the top 5 of either team. (Arowaine's score is quite impressive, especially considering the side he fought for didn't actually win, but the top player on the other team, the polearmer Leman_Russ, had almost double the number of kills that he did.)

-In the third battle listed above, Arowaine is again the only 1h player in the top 5 of either team. (As for the other players, Kaoklai is a 2h, Zulu_Donkeybulge aka Kesh is a 2h, and GiggleKnight_of_TKoV is a polearmer/thrower. The rest are mentioned above.)

These are pretty normal scoreboards for NA. With few exceptions, long weapons/high damage weapons make the greatest contributions in our group fights. That said, I don't think that this somehow means that 1h is weak, less important, more difficult to play, or anything like that, because it is not. I recognize that it just occupies a separate role on the battlefield (leading an advance, fragmenting the enemy blob so that 2hs and polearms can do their job more easily, harassing ranged, dying less often in general etc) due to the fact that it has different strengths as a playstyle.

All of you who are being very vehement partisans for or against a particular class, weapon, or whatever should step back and consider whether you are being willfully blind to the strengths of what you play while focusing excessively on the strengths of what you do not.

Really, we can balance 1h/shielders base on strategus armor crutching lagfest and k/d ratio there, good to know :rolleyes:

Generally i agree with you, but pointing out strategus is just wrong.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2013, 01:27:39 am »
+1
Rufio, make sure you cry in a bucket so you can reuse the water later.

A single 5 gallon bucket may be too small, so make sure to grab two

oh hey you seem like a cool smart guy, thx for the advice man.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2013, 02:01:51 am »
+4
All stabs in this game are pretty broken and there's not much you can do about it. The engine itself isn't that great and you're trying to apply the same behavior (animation + sweetspots) across weapons that vary in length and shape. There's no way that stabs will ever be perfect.

Before the buff, only skilled 1-handers could reliably stab. Now more people can and everyone isn't used to it yet.

If you know what to look for, stabs are pretty easy to avoid. Certain weapons are better for stabbing, so the person using it will probably stab a lot. If you still find you're getting stabbed a lot, you either don't have enough athletics, or you're not s-keying enough. You can still force glances pretty easily by hugging their right arm. It's also REALLY easily to chain weapon stuns on a 1-hander when you break their shield. If they're using a shield, it's pretty easy to sneak around their flanks 'cause they slow down the person using it.

I still think the game has been pretty well balanced for a while. Once people get used to it and adapt, they'll just find something new to complain about. Just a regular day in CRPG.

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
  • Renown: 375
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Can you find my secret ?
  • Faction: The Joyous Raider
  • Game nicks: DoIphin, Siff and some alts
  • IRC nick: Dolphin
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2013, 02:45:00 am »
+1

-chambers of tears.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2013, 03:23:55 am »
+1
chamber U NUBS CHAMBER!

GOSH DARN IT!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2013, 03:35:11 am »
chamber U NUBS CHAMBER!

GOSH DARN IT!
You're not even a real PK.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2013, 09:59:36 am »
guess it has no use.  scrubs gonna cling to every advantage their class gets. gonna join some people who have given up on crpg for the time being and play some dota2, qqqqqq

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2013, 10:52:53 am »
can i have your stuff?

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2013, 10:57:44 am »
dont worry il be back with more qq soon enough

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2013, 01:58:13 pm »

If you know what to look for, stabs are pretty easy to avoid. Certain weapons are better for stabbing, so the person using it will probably stab a lot. If you still find you're getting stabbed a lot, you either don't have enough athletics, or you're not s-keying enough.

So you are really clueless arent you??
Stabs are not easy to avoid if someone has an agi build like 3-33 or  6-30 etc..
you can not S-Keying  if someone has 27 and more agi...S-keying is not even an option on any class whatever the build...
And please dont tell me that i have to be an agi whore to counter  1h agi-whored stab.(i dont have to)

we saw what a 3-33 build can do..with their little tiny shield and their little op dagger...they will 2 hit most  people..

Now everyone needs to relax enjoy and learn from this high agi builds how to do a proper stab spam then run away then come back then run away then stab again then run away then stab archers then run away..then come back then run away stab again again again...

ps:(Nice job dev you really nailed this time you created a new spam class)

Ps1:(it dosent matter what build you have what class you are ''good' players will always find a way to kill you)

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"