Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 72633 times)

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2011, 11:51:04 pm »
Throwing weapons need to be made viable.

There are other things I have opinions on in the poll but throwing is the only one I really really care about  justnow.

Offline Ninja_Murphy

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Murphinator
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2011, 11:51:48 pm »
I know you say this is limited chadz but I cant help saying this.
It is not the classes that are wrong. it is the weapons. the 2h german and danish great sword are OP to the max, and why they have 15 difficulty but nodachi has 16 i dont understand.
I know i am a Ninja and i am likely to be biased but hear me out. You are slowly draining the fun out of this game for me, I know you have to make sure that people do not break rules and greif others, but theres a limit. you have restricted this great mod soo much. There is such a thing as doing too much. I do not mean stop bringing out new armour or idea's, but i mean perfect the things you have done so far, some things dont need more to be better. for example the lengths of weapons are a bit dodgy E.G alot of 1handed swords textures look short but they actualy are longer either that or the hit boxes are messed. also I do not like the item slots as it restricts the players ability to be unique. It is nearly as bad as having 6 or 9 classes to choose from and thats it.  This is not a greif poll it is how i feel, that this mod is going to the dogs. I hope you have took your time to read this and to do something about it.

Murphy
P.S BUFF THE KATANA =)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hidden

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: hidden/HiddenArcher
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2011, 12:14:34 am »
oh yeah I forgot and fix the arrow pickup bug.

At least I am assuming its a bug, I really hope its a bug and not some awfully implemented feature.

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2011, 05:15:25 am »
Longbow peirce is a bit much, now it makes other bows seem useless

Make arrows to be a .5 slot weapon. this would allow lower tier bow users to be able to use 2h weapon and polearms while high tier bow user could only use 1 slot weapons.

for example

Strongbow= 1 slot
arrows=  .5 slot
arrows= .5 slot
longsword= 2 slot
Total of 4 slots

Longbow = 2 slots
arrows= .5 slot
arows= .5 slot
simple sword = 1 slot
Total of 4 slot

Longbow= 2 slots
arrows= .5 slot
longsword= 2 slots
Total is 4.5 slot and therefore not possible
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:27:46 am by Stormcrow »
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2011, 06:31:07 am »

Make arrows to be a .5 slot weapon. this would allow lower tier bow users to be able to use 2h weapon and polearms while high tier bow user could only use 1 slot weapons.

for example

Strongbow= 1 slot
arrows=  .5 slot
arrows= .5 slot
longsword= 2 slot
Total of 4 slots

Longbow = 2 slots
arrows= .5 slot
arows= .5 slot
simple sword = 1 slot
Total of 4 slot

Longbow= 2 slots
arrows= .5 slot
longsword= 2 slots

I approve this message.  +1
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2011, 07:43:14 am »
I haven't seen many players with longbows outperform players with warbows. Longbows are also quite annoying to use, since they don't fire immediately on release and take foreeeeever to draw. The new bow choices give good options- extra arrows or melee with Strong, good damage with War, and ability to hurt tin cans with Longbow.

I think that lower tiered bows could use some love. Being a low level archer is godawful misery. Most importantly, the arrow pick up bugs are quite obnoxious with the disappearing quivers act.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline yiyayiyayo

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2011, 07:48:37 am »
As a crossbowman I chose nerf xbows.
I like the new sniper rifle feel of the arbalest so I still think xbows should be slower and maybe do more damage. And the regular xbow needs to be 2 slot, I want to see the xbow be more exclusive than classic sidearm for 2h characters.

+1

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2011, 05:07:24 pm »

for example

Strongbow= 1 slot
arrows=  .5 slot
arrows= .5 slot
longsword= 2 slot
Total of 4 slots

Longbow = 2 slots
arrows= .5 slot
arows= .5 slot
simple sword = 1 slot
Total of 4 slot

Longbow= 2 slots
arrows= .5 slot
longsword= 2 slots

Actually kind of funny to see 50 length weapons take 0 slots but ammo takes up 1 slot.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2011, 06:26:50 pm »
chief ur a noob and everything you posted was false, why don't you go ingame and actually play

polearms own now, u still haves the not unbalanced great loong axe killing everything, then the ridiculous thrust of the long spear should be toned down, I mean a guy can basically thrust into from 1 meter away its ridiculous a 2her IRL would have cut your spears shaft and yes you'd be dead upclose

as it stands polearms are way to go

Horse rear, its BS to say that 2h's are as good against horses as polearms are, we don't have horse rear(I.e. you know the horse stops when it gets hit)

all block crush 2h weapons were removed(oh yes the amazingly slow gimic great maul exists but seriously it sucks)

and YES the best shield bashing weapons are all in the top tier of Polearms

2h has had enough nerfs, leave it alone already my 17p on my masterwork katana(give me a break) can't even pierce mail at 9 powerstrike(wtf!)

and only a retard would say that weapons without bonus to shield over 40 damage can break shields(they can't, not in the time a good 1h will finish u because he gets omnidirectional block)

the only useful bonus to shields weapons 2h's have are in the mid tier, all unbalanced and slower than anything 1h uses(almost all "used" 1hers are in 99+ speed category, good luck killing someone with a 91-94 speed 2h axe of some kind(with unbalanced)

2h is the weakest way to go now, no shield vs ranged or omnidirectional block, many unbalanced weapons, shit thrusts on swords and even weakened cuts on so called "great" swords, no horse rear, bar mace got nerfed into oblivion

anyway thats the actual truth of the game, go play and get long speared
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2011, 06:30:18 pm »

the only useful bonus to shields weapons 2h's have are in the mid tier, all unbalanced and slower than anything 1h uses(almost all "used" 1hers are in 99+ speed category, good luck killing someone with a 91-94 speed 2h axe of some kind(with unbalanced)

If you want try out the 1h axe that has a secondary mode of being used 2handed.  When used 2handed it is 96 speed, 35 cut, really like it and its great against shields.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2011, 06:33:30 pm »
 oh yea plus as always u can use polearm or 1h wpf and use a shield without your swings being crippled like 2h(where we get barely any weapons to even wear a shield with, people just cloud what u can actually do in the game mechanics with their own BS

when u look at what each class can do polearms is on top

Polearms: best damage vs shields, shield usable weapons where u get to use polearm wpf, no unbalanced anti shield weapons, horse rear, long range higher damage cuts and thrust than 2h in top tier, best cavalry weapons

1h: easy block mode+blocking stops ranged, good cavalry weapons, extremely fast weapons whose hits tend to land on your face from the animation

2h: good low end weapons, dissapointing almost 3 time nerfed great swords(since .200), katana nerfed to not really having a pierce attack, no horse rear, no shield usable wpf, all bonus vs shields weapons are unbalanced(so you're fighting with slow blocks and feints vs 100 speed one handers yay,  flamberge?
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2011, 07:19:07 pm »
chief ur a noob and everything you posted was false, why don't you go ingame and actually play

polearms own now, u still haves the not unbalanced great loong axe killing everything, then the ridiculous thrust of the long spear should be toned down, I mean a guy can basically thrust into from 1 meter away its ridiculous a 2her IRL would have cut your spears shaft and yes you'd be dead upclose

as it stands polearms are way to go

Horse rear, its BS to say that 2h's are as good against horses as polearms are, we don't have horse rear(I.e. you know the horse stops when it gets hit)

all block crush 2h weapons were removed(oh yes the amazingly slow gimic great maul exists but seriously it sucks)

and YES the best shield bashing weapons are all in the top tier of Polearms

2h has had enough nerfs, leave it alone already my 17p on my masterwork katana(give me a break) can't even pierce mail at 9 powerstrike(wtf!)

and only a retard would say that weapons without bonus to shield over 40 damage can break shields(they can't, not in the time a good 1h will finish u because he gets omnidirectional block)

2h is the weakest way to go now, no shield vs ranged or omnidirectional block, many unbalanced weapons, shit thrusts on swords and even weakened cuts on so called "great" swords, no horse rear, bar mace got nerfed into oblivion
anyway thats the actual truth of the game, go play and get long speared

Ok I have highlighted a few points I would like to address (starting from the top going down)

1) you want the great long axe to be unbalanced why? it has 125 reach (1 more the the danish great) 46 cut (its an axe it was designed for cutting) 90 speed which to me seems fair, since it weight is 3.5 and you use two hands to hold it and not just holding it at the bottom, so to me great long axe is fine atm

2) A two handed weapon IRL would probably not chop a spear in half since the wood was very thick, you would need quite a bit of power to do that with a sword.

3) Yes for me some 2h's are just as good against cavalry as polearms I have seen people kill horse's with one stab with the german and danish great's and then seen people stab horse's with the pike and it not die so that seems fine to me even chance, yes polearms are longer two handed weapons we're not made for such long reach.

4) The reason most of the 2h crushthrough weapons were taken out was because there  were to many and they were just OP with their speed and damage personally I think it should just be hammers that crushthrough, it seems balanced low speed for high power.

5) Polearms are best against shields since their mostly axes which are built specifically to break shields so stop whining 2h have axes to.

6) Yes 2h did get quite a nerf but so did nearly every class, but they didn't get nerfed enough so the lol stab was taken out, to me that its quite fair to keep lol stab in exchanging it for a few cut or precise since it add allot of reach when its done (can easily out range my great long axe and when done by the right person sometimes my great long Bardiche!) yes the katana probably did get the heaviest nerf out of 2h weapons but pre-patch it was the ultimate spamming weapon that actually hurt not it still hurts and its still  f**king fast but just does less damage.

7) 2h are not the weakest class now they can still beat polearms and every other class don't blame the weapon blame the man/woman using it, if you don't know how to doge or use cover then quite simply don't go for archers let a shielder do it. But yes to many weapons in 2h are unbalanced that should be reworked.

8) You don't have crappy thrusts you have the LOL stab need I say more?

9) The barmace was just OP good speed damage and crushthrough was totally unfair for every one who didn't use it people just spammed over head with it so it just crushed through every thing so yes it deserved the nerf!

This is just my opinion on the matter nothing more, Yes allot of people would disagree but no one agrees with every thing in the world its how we make progress.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2011, 07:25:28 pm »
oh yea plus as always u can use polearm or 1h wpf and use a shield without your swings being crippled like 2h(where we get barely any weapons to even wear a shield with, people just cloud what u can actually do in the game mechanics with their own BS

when u look at what each class can do polearms is on top

Polearms: best damage vs shields, shield usable weapons where u get to use polearm wpf, no unbalanced anti shield weapons, horse rear, long range higher damage cuts and thrust than 2h in top tier, best cavalry weapons

1h: easy block mode+blocking stops ranged, good cavalry weapons, extremely fast weapons whose hits tend to land on your face from the animation

2h: good low end weapons, dissapointing almost 3 time nerfed great swords(since .200), katana nerfed to not really having a pierce attack, no horse rear, no shield usable wpf, all bonus vs shields weapons are unbalanced(so you're fighting with slow blocks and feints vs 100 speed one handers yay,  flamberge?

totally agreed

for example

Strongbow= 1 slot
arrows=  .5 slot
arrows= .5 slot
longsword= 2 slot
Total of 4 slots

Longbow = 2 slots
arrows= .5 slot
arows= .5 slot
simple sword = 1 slot
Total of 4 slot

Longbow= 2 slots
arrows= .5 slot
longsword= 2 slots

totally agreed

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2011, 07:43:23 pm »
Ok I have highlighted a few points I would like to address (starting from the top going down)

1) you want the great long axe to be unbalanced why? it has 125 reach (1 more the the danish great) 46 cut (its an axe it was designed for cutting) 90 speed which to me seems fair, since it weight is 3.5 and you use two hands to hold it and not just holding it at the bottom, so to me great long axe is fine atm

2) A two handed weapon IRL would probably not chop a spear in half since the wood was very thick, you would need quite a bit of power to do that with a sword.

3) Yes for me some 2h's are just as good against cavalry as polearms I have seen people kill horse's with one stab with the german and danish great's and then seen people stab horse's with the pike and it not die so that seems fine to me even chance, yes polearms are longer two handed weapons we're not made for such long reach.

4) The reason most of the 2h crushthrough weapons were taken out was because there  were to many and they were just OP with their speed and damage personally I think it should just be hammers that crushthrough, it seems balanced low speed for high power.

5) Polearms are best against shields since their mostly axes which are built specifically to break shields so stop whining 2h have axes to.

6) Yes 2h did get quite a nerf but so did nearly every class, but they didn't get nerfed enough so the lol stab was taken out, to me that its quite fair to keep lol stab in exchanging it for a few cut or precise since it add allot of reach when its done (can easily out range my great long axe and when done by the right person sometimes my great long Bardiche!) yes the katana probably did get the heaviest nerf out of 2h weapons but pre-patch it was the ultimate spamming weapon that actually hurt not it still hurts and its still  f**king fast but just does less damage.

7) 2h are not the weakest class now they can still beat polearms and every other class don't blame the weapon blame the man/woman using it, if you don't know how to doge or use cover then quite simply don't go for archers let a shielder do it. But yes to many weapons in 2h are unbalanced that should be reworked.

8) You don't have crappy thrusts you have the LOL stab need I say more?

9) The barmace was just OP good speed damage and crushthrough was totally unfair for every one who didn't use it people just spammed over head with it so it just crushed through every thing so yes it deserved the nerf!

This is just my opinion on the matter nothing more, Yes allot of people would disagree but no one agrees with every thing in the world its how we make progress.

1) because has free shieldbreaker advantage, lolstun advantage, weight advantage to stun lighter weapon blocks.

2) hell yeah we don't need that much of "realism".

3)you can only stab and kill unaware or noob horsemen. a horsemen chasing you will never fall in the jack-in-a-box trick. he simply slow down, keep you at range with his 170 or couch you.

4 and 5)as polearms are the best shieldbreakers and cav counters, 2h should be best duelers and blockcrushers. so stop whining about 2h crushthrough. yes 2h have shit axes as polearm have shit blockcrushers.

6)only weapon class still not overnerfed is polearms. stun is there, not unbalanced all directions piercer still there, best nominal damage of any weaponclass. (parsing slash attacks plus thrust attacks)

7)yes 2h are still the best dueler weapons. but they're getting nerfd patch by patch and less weapon choice to change playstyle make it boring in the long run. polearm agi spammers still stunlocks you to death while 2h stab will bounce for good especially against heavy armored infantry while bec de corbin steamroll em with 2 hits.

8) lolstab was modified.

9) i agree on the barmace spam. mighty barmace was really a iWin weapon. stock barmace tho required 9PS to start crushing thru decently. that was a heirloom modifier problem (adding damage AND weight). but tear rivers from the whiners just had the devs just removing the blockcrushing instead fixing and tuning it.

as you deny the obvious, talking about agree/disagree balance is meh...

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2011, 08:01:07 pm »
As I said its just my opinion about it no need to get on the defensive about it Im not saying it should be nerfed more.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.