Author Topic: Bannerlord & Esport  (Read 5719 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Bannerlord & Esport
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 03:39:09 pm »
when you are 12 you play on a football team with your friends, all for the lols

then you become better at it and you want more.

you get older and you join a pro football club.

still for the lols... and yet... it isnt :)

you dont join the club to get viewers. you dont join a pro club to become famous and harvest epeen.

you joined the pro club cus you wanted more.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 03:51:41 pm »
Well i would personally love, if this game got into the e-sports scene, but i dont think that surprises anyone.

Im not the biggest fan of the big blob fights, since well.... skill does not rly matter. Have a polearm or try ur luck, and throw a few swings in there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 04:18:33 pm »
+8
Im not the biggest fan of the big blob fights, since well.... skill does not rly matter. Have a polearm or try ur luck, and throw a few swings in there.
Just because you are bad at it doesn't mean it takes no skill.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1280
  • Infamy: 517
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 04:32:43 pm »
+2
Bannerlord looks like Mount&Blade v1.2 (v1.0 being original, Warband v1.1). Seems to me they don't have desire to radically improve the concept of the game. Not looking forward to it at all.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 04:37:15 pm »
Well i would personally love, if this game got into the e-sports scene, but i dont think that surprises anyone.

well this game is based on battles which are typically blob vs blob. now as im not a super nerd i dont sit around watching other people play computer games because id rather look at a wall or something :D so to those of us who have no interest in e sports and don't know how it can even use the word sport when your sitting on your ass please explain to me what you would want bannerlord/MGB to be as an esport but without blob vs blob? Incoherent ramble over :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 05:23:17 pm »
Bannerlord looks like Mount&Blade v1.2 (v1.0 being original, Warband v1.1). Seems to me they don't have desire to radically improve the concept of the game. Not looking forward to it at all.

I'm ok with that much improvement at a time. Better slowly take its ultimate shape than get hastily messed up with hopes of making a superior dash.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 07:07:07 pm »
Just because you are bad at it doesn't mean it takes no skill.
Oh yes, a big blob of melee trying to stab another big blob of melee. There is so many possibilities of making big plays, while being in the blob xD. Ty for the insult btw, that was really needed  :rolleyes:.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 07:09:12 pm »
Am I the only one whose expectations (and thereby care invested) in Bonerlord are low?

There most likely won't be a cRPG for Bonerlord, which in my opinion is the only mod worth investing in at the moment. I'm not ruling out the possibility of some awesome mod arriving for Bonerlord, but for that to be true it would have to have some form of persistency and customization options, as well as good balance, respectable devs who interact with the players, good design etc etc. you get the picture. It's gonna have to rival the mod that we love to hate to love.

I realise cRPG is fairly niched compared to Native and the amount of grind coupled with a fairly steep learning curve scares off most of the new players (all cRPG rejects end up shooting heroine and snorting coke in Mercenaries, the retarded step brother or cRPG). But that's just the average idiot gamer unable to overcome their fear of having to put effort into a game where they can't call in gunships when they get 2 kills in a row. In cRPG, kill streaks are rewarded with a raging boner.

Anyway, M:BG gonna wipe the floor with that half-assed plastic surgical improvement of Warband.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2013, 07:10:27 pm »
well this game is based on battles which are typically blob vs blob. now as im not a super nerd i dont sit around watching other people play computer games because id rather look at a wall or something :D so to those of us who have no interest in e sports and don't know how it can even use the word sport when your sitting on your ass please explain to me what you would want bannerlord/MGB to be as an esport but without blob vs blob? Incoherent ramble over :D

Why would i even answer you, when this is your attitude towards it? You start off with calling me a super nerd, since i like e-sports, and then you say that you would rather watch a wall, than watching others play.

So talking to you about this, would be like talking to a wall, since you clearly dont care about it.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 07:12:07 pm »
Make MOBA-esque tower defense gamemode, bam.

Instant fanbase that follows it as e-sport

It looks like MOBA is the new zombie survival of gaming.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2013, 07:14:43 pm »
+1
"Nerd" is such a retarded insult, not even worth paying attention.

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 07:19:08 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerd
A nerd (adjective: nerdy) is a person, typically described as being overly intellectual, obsessive, or socially impaired. They may spend inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, obscure, or non-mainstream activities, which are generally either highly technical or relating to topics of fiction or fantasy, to the exclusion of more mainstream activities.[1][2][3] Additionally, many nerds are described as being shy, quirky, and unattractive,[4] and may have difficulty participating in, or even following, sports. "Nerd" is a derogatory, stereotypical term, but as with other pejoratives, it has been reclaimed and redefined by some as a term of pride and group identity.

depends if you find the word nerd to be insulting :D which it really isnt ^^ i would consider esports to be super nerdy ^^ rather than just nerdy :P Im not a nerd tho im not smart enough :D

TLDR I dont consider nerd an insult i just used it to try to make gtx rage  :mrgreen:

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 07:23:21 pm »
+2
Someone is socially impaired because they like E-sports? Fuck off? And no, you can't just say "ur a nerd" because they like E-sports and then play it off with saying "nerd has different meanings".

Nerd is the insult by people who are unable to relate to someone else's interests, or someone who is threatened by someone's intelligence.

So if you don't consider it an insult, why'd you use it as one?

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 07:25:15 pm »
seems i caught a bjord instead  :wink: E-sports are pretty ghey tho almost as ghey as Metal music still how would you turn blob vs blob into something exciting to watch?

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 07:26:28 pm »
Saying something retarded and then being questioned about it is not the same as trolling.