Author Topic: Bannerlord & Esport  (Read 5689 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Bannerlord & Esport
« on: October 12, 2013, 03:08:19 pm »
personally i think warband with crpg combat mech would be just awesome for esport. (dueling as we know it from warband but with the features of crpg combat)

what do you guys think?

i also think that it would be a good idea to try launch bannerlord with some kind of esport gimmick. maybe talk with the appropriate esport ppl (i dont know who tho lol) and somehow make bannerlord listed as an esport on the various esport websites. i think it should be done fra day 1 bannerlord release. m&b esport would be the virtual counterpart to the live re-enactments or whatever you wanna call it, you know what i mean :)

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Re: Bannerlord & Esport
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 03:10:16 pm »
+1
It would be nice if we had a ladder on ESL wether that would be for bannerlord or c-rpg..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 03:13:36 pm »
huge yes.

but in my world, since bannerlord screenshots, crpg is outdated and esport focus should be on bannerlord.

ofc in my tiny head i still belive that crpg devs must have been talking with taleworld in relation to the combat mech in bannerlord. if not i personally think taleworld fails. but wtf do i know :p im/we are not yellow so noone cba telling me/us anything :p

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 03:14:41 pm »
+1
It does definitely have the mechanics to be interesting for esports etc but unfortunately not big enough of an audience :( Lets hope M:BG or Bannerlord gets some big hype and a bigger playerbase.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 03:15:44 pm »
M:BG = bannerlord! BELIVE IN IT AND IT WILL COME TRUE!

(or M:BG plan to leech bannerlord engine :D :D :D that would be a good lol for me :D )

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 03:16:03 pm »
+4
I don't think I want this game to cater to the needs of twitch viewers thank you very much

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 03:17:49 pm »
+1
M:BG = bannerlord! BELIVE IN IT AND IT WILL COME TRUE!

(or M:BG plan to leech bannerlord engine :D :D :D that would be a good lol for me :D )
You silly

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 03:19:01 pm »
+1
i dont care about twitch or viewers

i just think that an equal amount vs. equal amount generate the best fights. all too often the GF is "ruined" by blob gangbang or backstab. dont get me wrong, thats how battle is suppose to work BUT i just have no way of getting GF's unless i grind battle and once in a while lucky enuff to get wingmen with brains :C

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 03:20:27 pm »
You silly

yeah well i just think that if taleworld completely ignore CRPG they fail and CRPG devs should punish taleworld by creating their own game and use the new crispy bannerlord engine :D

abit like the DayZ/WarZ :p

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 03:24:03 pm »
+1
but to get back to the esport topic:

whatever crpg devs is working on, M:BG (what i think is the troll cover name :p ) or bannerlord, i think its very important to launch some esport for it at the same time. you will reach a wider audience >> generate moar moneyz >> we get moar awesome gamez

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 03:24:48 pm »
Doubt this kind of games ever becomes as famous as those being on twitch and having some hundred k of viewers a night.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 03:31:35 pm »
Doubt this kind of games ever becomes as famous as those being on twitch and having some hundred k of viewers a night.

famous = many plays it or many knows about it? i dont think i want it to be a new WoW as such but i want people to at least know about it! alot more than now and also if you tell the "serious" gamers about it they wont care if it isnt supported by esport. i regard m&b as an adults game. and i also hope that bannerlord and/or BG will be an adults game. the nintendo/commodore 16/zx spectrum/8086 players is getting kinda old and the more you play games the more serious you become :)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 03:32:22 pm »
+9
I sometimes get the feeling I dont want this game to get lots of publicity.  Once it gets enough, developers will start chopping descent gamemechanics off with an axe, to make 12 yearoldCoDplayertypes happy and Metacritic scores high. As was the case with Rome II.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 03:33:32 pm »
I sometimes get the feeling I dont want this game to get lots of publicity.  Once it gets enough, developers will start chopping descent gamemechanics off with an axe, to make 12 yearoldCoDplayertypes happy and Metacritic scores high. As was the case with Rome II.

exactly! thats what i mean when i say that i hope it will be an adults game.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 03:36:59 pm »
heh... im sitting here and smoking and getting high and thinking... why is it some people is so afraid of "popular" stuff? everything "popular" just sux no matter what. emo-style? i dont know i dont understand it. use your eyes and brains and decide if some popular thing is good or bad dont just say its bad cus its popular.