Author Topic: 1h stab  (Read 14558 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: 1h stab
« Reply #210 on: October 26, 2013, 11:32:40 pm »
+1
That same asshole could instead be using a Spathovaklion or one of 1h's many other blunt weapons. You know, weapons that are as fast, longer, do more damage and have knockdown?

Maces are not faster and longer than the espada, they're slower and shorter. Maces do more damage on the swings, but lacks a stab, and the stab of the espada is stronger damage-wise than the swings of the maces.

I don't think Espada is broken myself, having very weak swings and all. Just had to comment on the bullshit you said about length and speed.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #211 on: October 26, 2013, 11:37:16 pm »
Maces are not faster and longer than the espada, they're slower and shorter. Maces do more damage on the swings, but lacks a stab, and the stab of the espada is stronger damage-wise than the swings of the maces.

I don't think Espada is broken myself, having very weak swings and all. Just had to comment on the bullshit you said about length and speed.

My mistake on the length, but a difference of 3 speed is nothing to anyone who knows what they're doing..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #212 on: October 26, 2013, 11:45:38 pm »
+1
My mistake on the length, but a difference of 3 speed is nothing to anyone who knows what they're doing..

Exactly, 3 speed is nothing.
Please buff the katana with 3 more speed please, since 3 speed is nothing.
Or just add 3 speed to all thrustless weapons, since 3 speed is nothing.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2013, 01:01:25 am »
+3

Yes, the fastest maces are "only" 3 points slower non-heirloomed, 4 at mw. The longest mace is 8 slower non-heirloomed, 9 at mw. These are significant numbers and does matter.

If 3 speed is nothing, why is Longsword overused while two-handed sword is rarely used?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2013, 01:30:17 am »
I wouldn't read too much into which weapon is used and which isn't, Gurnisson. More likely a trend thing. Longswords were used by almost no one back when I was active, and two-handed sword was the weapon of choice for people who wanted speed.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2013, 01:39:58 am »
derp, 3 more speed> trend, derp
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:44:25 am by rufio »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2013, 02:38:43 am »
+2
I don't speak Rufio, I'm afraid.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2013, 02:56:30 am »
better start learning,
(click to show/hide)

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2013, 02:26:09 am »
Yes, the fastest maces are "only" 3 points slower non-heirloomed, 4 at mw. The longest mace is 8 slower non-heirloomed, 9 at mw. These are significant numbers and does matter.

If 3 speed is nothing, why is Longsword overused while two-handed sword is rarely used?

Because people like FoTM? Because people like how the longsword looks better? Because longsword can be used on horseback and the two-handed sword can't? A better comparison would be the longsword to one of the great swords anyway. I still think greatswords far outperform the longsword.

Hell, with good footwork you can outswing a longsword user with a long maul. Footwork and athletics is a hell of a lot more important than weapon speed.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2013, 02:34:49 am »
stahp plz stahp, you say this, but you no realise what if both have good footwork, what gives you the edge?, the faster hits yes? yes? also the weapon weight being lighter than the 2handedsword makes the longswords turnrate slightly faster, all these advatages all these advantages. but but it must be a trend i think.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 02:40:40 am by rufio »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2013, 03:39:45 am »
stahp plz stahp, you say this, but you no realise what if both have good footwork, what gives you the edge?, the faster hits yes? yes? also the weapon weight being lighter than the 2handedsword makes the longswords turnrate slightly faster, all these advatages all these advantages. but but it must be a trend i think.

Except for the fact that generally slower weapons do more damage. If your weapon does more damage, your chances of glancing are much lower. Since your chances of glancing are much lower, you can hit earlier in the animation.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2013, 10:18:08 am »
+2
Are we really discussing whether 3 speed matters or not?

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2013, 12:16:42 pm »
+1
3 points of speed is a significant difference, there is no sense in discussing it. It doesn't give you obvious advantage, but it's still significant. Longer the weapon, higher the wpf - more significant speed points become. With the same animation speed the edge of a weapon passes different distances according to its length. It's basics of geometry.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2013, 04:37:58 pm »
Damn, a new stage of ultrabias from Rufio, now you're whining about other 2hs as well.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2013, 04:55:07 pm »
my old friendget plz, the statement was that the longsword was used way more than the 2handed one for stat reasons, people didnt agree. read thread. but no you are only here to farm your given votes, tsk tsk