Author Topic: Mafia 2 or Civ V free.  (Read 6359 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2122
  • Infamy: 2974
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 2 or Civ V free.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 06:34:24 pm »
+1
Has anyone confirmed if this is legit or not?

It's legit. But I still can't finish voting process (server overload) and number of keys is limited so...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 06:36:44 pm »
They probably killed their server because the keys ran out

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 08:20:46 pm »
i got to the youtubers and refused to vote for the yogscast(i know who they are, i just think there are better youtubers out there, and when this is all i have to chose from, i dont think its fair to literally give an award to someone) and then realized i had no idea who the fuck the rest were, what fuck chose these people? ive literally never heard of any of them, not to mention where the fuck are people like oh idk, Seananners, CaptSparkles, Frankieonpc, totalbiscuit, Uberhaxornova, Pewdiepie(i dont really like the guy, but he is popular), the list goes on.  Yet they chose Francis, who the fuck is Francis?

oh to finish my rant, once i attempted to submit the votes, everything i voted for disappeared, and then random other accounts kept popping up as if i was signed on.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:27:05 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 08:23:46 pm »
Yogscast are quite known casters. They originate from my vanilla WoW server actually (The Venture Co.), the guild was called YOGS - Ye Olde Goone Squade. Going to guess it has something to do with SA since it was a bunch of trolls :P

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 08:31:32 pm »
In the world of PC gaming and for someone fluent in english, not knowing either Frankie or TotalBiscuit is a little sad.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2467
  • Infamy: 1599
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 08:39:51 pm »
+3
I'm familiar with both, wish I wasn't. Don't like popular geek or gaming culture at all. For me it was always about enjoying great video games. This media coverage gaming gets these days with tv shows, youtube channels, gamefairs and stuff like that gets on my nerves.

But I guess it's just me. Gaming is something intimate to me, not social activity.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 08:56:15 pm »
I won't let you steal my warband key Casimir.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 09:34:04 pm »
TBH i think you fuckers owe me a bit of an apology for your accusations.
Turtles

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 09:41:42 pm »
Finished all my voting but haven't been able to submit due to errors

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 09:44:48 pm »
servers are overloaded, and you have to wait for it to go through. By tomorrow it should have processed and you'll receive the key.
Turtles

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 09:47:56 pm »
You owe me an apology for calling us fuckers
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 10:01:08 pm »
In the world of PC gaming and for someone fluent in english, not knowing either Frankie or TotalBiscuit is a little sad.

i asked where those people were, not who they were.  Ive never heard of all those people on the list they gave me, i wished they had people like Frankie, or total biscuit on there, but they didnt, only one i knew was yogscast.

i didnt Kafein, i just wanted to make sure you didnt think i was lost lol
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:40:15 am by AntiBlitz »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 12:31:19 am »
I'm familiar with both, wish I wasn't. Don't like popular geek or gaming culture at all. For me it was always about enjoying great video games. This media coverage gaming gets these days with tv shows, youtube channels, gamefairs and stuff like that gets on my nerves.

But I guess it's just me. Gaming is something intimate to me, not social activity.

I don't really understand your point. Video games get extremely small media coverage with quality content. It's only in subculturish youtube channels and the odd pc gaming web magazine that you can find worthy reviews these days.

i asked where those people were, not who they were.  Ive never heard of all those people on the list they gave me, i wished they had people like Frankie, or total biscuit on there, but they didnt, only one i knew was yogscast.

TBH i think you fuckers owe me a bit of an apology for your accusations.

My apologies if you took that personally. Both.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2154
  • Infamy: 2984
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 01:04:19 am »
+1
I don't really understand your point. Video games get extremely small media coverage with quality content. It's only in subculturish youtube channels and the odd pc gaming web magazine that you can find worthy reviews these days.

My point is, I'll rather play games myself than watch shows about games or follow tournaments with press coverage or watch other people streaming their gameplay. I only watch gameplay when I'm not familiar with a game and that's mostly to see how it looks, game mechanics is something I prefer to discover on my own.

Following development is another thing and I enjoy that. But that's because development is one part of gaming industry and playing games is the other. Both are very intimate in my case and I prefer direct contact with developer rather than reporter interviewing them for a show. Stuff like dev logs is what I like. Same goes for gaming experience. It's fine if I'm discussing some game with you, when we go into details and talk about stuff we know from experience. Watching totalbiscuit and angryjoe streaming their game session isn't appealing to me.

What I really want to say is that I have enough love for gaming and more than enough experience to waste my time watching people who are very much like me. Especially gamers whose fame has anything to do with World of WarCraft. Actually, it's not gaming. I don't like media and marketing in general. For me, that's completely unnecessary if you're curious person. You don't need someone else to tell you what you like, try it yourself first.

Being part of something is cool in my book (for example going to Quakecon and being part of LAN party), watching other people being part of something on youtube/twitch/whatever isn't something I like (for example watching recording from recent LoL World Tournament is Staples Center). People (gamers are people too) should focus on themselves and forget about other people who make a living by exposing their lives for everyone to see (aka celebrities).

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 03:51:01 am »