Author Topic: You have 30 seconds to prove you are not a Leecher....  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: You have 30 seconds to prove you are not a Leecher....
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 07:36:57 pm »
While I despise how this feature is very often used I don't really care anymore. If some fool wants to accuse me of leeching because I didn't jump out of spawn immediately let him. Then I'll press 'm' and he'll lose a multiplier for being a greedy moron looking for a cheap shortcut to gold and experience. Oh yes your plan backfired loser. Please try again and I'll press 'm' again to further reduce your multiplier.

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2011, 09:11:04 am »
It seems a much more elegant way to do this feature would be to simply kick anyone who hasn't done anything for 30 seconds.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: MaHuD, Darth_InVader, Hired_Blade, Hinzerhaus
  • IRC nick: MaHuD
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2011, 09:43:35 am »
It seems a much more elegant way to do this feature would be to simply kick anyone who hasn't done anything for 30 seconds.
Hard to tell, what If I am cav player and waiting in hiding for the right moment to strike?
Or a berserker?
or whatever.
Moving will increase the chance of being detected.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2011, 10:02:40 am »
Hard to tell, what If I am cav player and waiting in hiding for the right moment to strike?
or whatever.
Moving will increase the chance of being detected.
Press 'm' and move on with your life, you obviously aren't in combat in any of those situations so it isn't being done to troll you.  They think you're afk so they're reporting you.

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: MaHuD, Darth_InVader, Hired_Blade, Hinzerhaus
  • IRC nick: MaHuD
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2011, 10:16:13 am »
Ah, so he is suggesting you get auto reported every 30 seconds? (And thus have to press M )
I thougth he meant an auto kick every 30 sec.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2011, 10:39:29 am »
So Damug, u run around watching if people are moving instead of actually fighting and you call this: helping to clear out the community?

Offline Chazzer1

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • I wish my cat was this cool but she is a bich.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chazzer1/Chazzer2
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2011, 11:03:48 am »
I do use this feature occasionally i will admit, i try to use it for its purpose. If i see someon who is afk i will count to 60 then if they havent moved poll them. But then off course they move, i do not mind if they press m and i lose multi but it is upsetting when they do not notice and are kicked. Because im usually dead they cant hear if i tell them so they get kicked. I would say you should set the leacher key to like w if you could. I know this would be hard but if somone stoped being afk they would allways not be kicked. So if you removed the penalty and still gave people extra multipliers and removed the text warning it would work. Afkers would disapear quickly and people were are only gone for like 30 secs will be ok. :)
What does my cat say when i kick it?
Me oww

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2011, 11:09:31 am »
So Damug, u run around watching if people are moving instead of actually fighting and you call this: helping to clear out the community?
When I'm in spectator, or when I'm on the walls defending and I can see people idling in the attackers spawn, or I see people in the attacker spawn when I'm an attacker for awhile.  I don't take time out of my 'playing' to find them, they just stand out to me as people who look obviously afk.

Also, have you read the NA siege server rules?  Most of the people that complain after I report them admit to leeching with something of along the lines of 'damnit can a man even get a drink/take a dump/tuck my children in for the night without being accused a leecher' when it plainly states in the server rules to drop to spectator when doing such things.  The other people I report are kicked for leeching.  I don't see a problem with what I'm doing.  However, I will admit that there are people that use it to grief, and they should be dealt with accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:12:59 am by Damug »

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2011, 10:11:46 pm »
You can't really leech in cRPG, because you will gain gold and xp no matter if you are dead or alive.
I prefer to call it grinding. You can wear zero upkeep pesant gear, suicide attack every round from lvl 1 to lvl 31. That is hardcore grinding. Not leeching. Unless it is being done with the chat command, which would make it abusive grinding, which should be kickable if done repeatedly.

Most important is that players don't delay the round. Not to prevent people from appearing afk by forcing people to instantly move. Admins can ofc give a warning (and should) before they eventually kicks but you should never be kicked without a warning just because you appear to be afk. As several players have already said, it can be a good tactical choice to "wait" or if you are hiding, to stand still.
And sometimes you actually need to go afk for 20s...

So I think the 30s no movement rule is enough (but you should get auto kicked, not reported). You should however always be kicked as last man alive if you are standing still for more than...5s, without a warning.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:52:54 pm by Riddaren »

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2011, 10:31:58 am »
Ah, so he is suggesting you get auto reported every 30 seconds? (And thus have to press M )
I thougth he meant an auto kick every 30 sec.

No you were right, autokick every 30 seconds you do nothing.  And I agree with you it's stupid, but it's better than having a huge red thing pop up in the middle of a fight telling you to press M or be kicked.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2011, 03:34:08 pm »
You should however always be kicked as last man alive if you are standing still for more than...5s, without a warning.

1 man vs 5 cav. I think i'd stand in that archway for quite a time, and i don't think that a player should be kicked for doing so. I guess you could make the last man dance around, but if i can see the opponents i honestly prefer to stand stock still. It lets them know that no, i am no stupidly going to rush into your superior numbers with no backup, you come to me.

Offline Mulyan

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2011, 10:52:33 pm »
I though it was a joke when I saw this message, while I was on a "killing spree". Does that Shogunate will kill him-self with his katana ?

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2011, 10:47:46 am »
This same idiot polled me in middle of me being raped by group of enemies...the same as above in the screen

they probably try to disrupt your focus by popping an annoying message, and face it, if ur busy fighting, u have more chances you will miss the timewindow to press M ...

brand new low way how to try to get rid of good people, sucks...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:48:50 am by Cepeshi »

Offline Mulyan

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2011, 11:37:27 am »
The funny thing about this is that my "M" key is a different one on my keyboard :o

That's why pushing M didn't work with me

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2011, 11:38:04 am »
There should be a limit on how often you can use the report "feature" on a single target.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: