Author Topic: How did you come up with your Gamer Name?  (Read 19750 times)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
Re: How did you come up with your Gamer Name?
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2013, 12:39:19 am »
+2
Mine is quite simple, it means crow in japanese ( and sadly it means dark waters in turkish as-well).

Since I'm quite fond of this animal, I decided to adapt as a nickname when I was of younger age.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2013, 12:50:57 am »
+8
My favourite writer is Sven Hassle, I love everything about his books, just the whole setting is awesomely represented, allthough fake, but who even cares, its a fucking amazing read.
Joseph Porta is an obergefreiter tank driver in the 27th penal regiment and always rolls with his gang, led by an old dude with a pipe, pimpin around and killing shit. I seriously advice everyone to read this, it's nothing serious or something but it's hilarious allright, like some heroes tale.

Used the name Mr Santa in cod 2  and CSS, changing between that name with alterations like just Santa, back in the cod2 days shit like Santa^ was hot, don't ask why i forgot, also shit like ^1 gave your letters colour, which was pimpin, having  red-white christmas colours in game. Always played S&D, those days man.. Those days..

I have tried several times to get back in cod2 but all the fucking retarded servers are bloody modded which 100% annoys me.

Still used Santa in the first modern warfare, havent played a cod since, bought mw3 though, probably put like 8 hrs or so in.

My 2 major names pretty much

I was in this clan for, Mr Kong is an IRL bro of mine and he stayed far longer with them , funny to see this, they where all polish, some awesum shit we did, probably my first game after Earthworm jim.

Oh and used Does_A_Trick for surfing on CSS   :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:21:24 am by Joseph_Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2013, 12:56:46 am »
+5
Had to find a funny name for a dwarf. This is what I came up with.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2013, 01:00:32 am »
+3
My first char in cRPG was a viking themed warrior, so I named him Jarlen (the Jarl/Earl in Norwegian).

When I retired for the first time, back when we had to change name to do so, I switched the N to a K to make him "Jarlek, son of Jarlen". Joined a clan with that char and everyone kept calling me Jarlek so I decided to just stick with it.

It's a surprisingly used name, I've found out. Almost everywhere "Jarlek" is taken, so I've started to use Jarleck instead. Much less scandinavian looking, but I never have any issues with that name being taken.

As for shameful name used when you were 12: Zapper. Used that for ages and it's pretty much taken everywhere. Glad I got a new one.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2013, 01:25:58 am »
+7
Varadin from Serbian strong fortress which defended Europe versus Turks in city called Novi Sad.

Original name of fortress is PetroVaradin.

I like the name, sounds so warriorish :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Benemortasia

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Benemor, Yabba_Dabba_Doobie
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2013, 01:33:01 am »
+3
Benemor is shortened from Benemortasia which is a song I like.

Benemortasia from Latin, bene mori, “to die well” or “a good death”.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2013, 04:15:03 am »
+3
Always thought "TheAppleSauceMan" was a pretty unique, if not slightly creepy name.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2013, 04:33:08 am »
+3
It was my AOL name 16 years ago.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2013, 04:39:11 am »
+2
My name was going to be Relic in Dark Ages of Camelot but a GM told me to change it because there were "relic's" in the game that could be captured by the 3 factions and players had to pick them up and return them to their factions designated area and that having the name "Relic" would confuse players because it would say "Relic has picked up a Relic".

So I switched a letter and went on with my life.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2013, 04:42:37 am »
+1
It's quiet simple, I was watching old school one night while drunk and then I found this mod - installed it and started playing. I wanted to make a str char and FRANK THE TANK just made complete sense to me in my drunken state.

Once people just started calling me Frank it stuck.

Although on Star Citizen I've got a new one from Anthony Weiner 'Carlos Danger' which is the pseudonym for my character who is a pirate. I've written a back story because I'm super cool and don't just have you know shit loads of time on my hands because I'm unemployyedyeyedd again :(

Carlisle Dangerfield aka Carlos Danger

Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Ditty

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Centrelink LL_Vegemite
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2013, 05:07:35 am »
+3
My very first name was Doomping_Rocket. One day, my brother who is a lot younger, probably when he was about 5, burst into my room in the morning and said he had a dream about a doomping rocket. I was like, what the fuck is a doomping rocket? Turns out it is a rocket that bounces sideways across the moon in a 2D fashion (My brother has a good imagination...). As I played for a bit on the Aus server when it was still alive, my ping was really shitty, it was anywhere from 100-800 and as I discovered what ping was, I realised that I did in fact, have the ping of doom. Then I just called myself Rocket from then on, up until about 6 months ago where I called myself Centrelink. In Australia, Centrelink is a government funded institution kind of thing that helps people get a job, and people that are disabled, have lots of children they need to raise, medical problems etc. etc. So every thursday or something, people go down to Centrelink to recieve their benefits. Although, you may think, meh, that's fair, these people need help with money and the government is giving it to them. Nope. To anyone else in Australia Centrelink's a Joke. Every Bogan and his dog come down in their Pimped out Holden Commodore Shitbox car to get their benefits because they sit on the couch, watching the footy all day. The people who get the benefits don't actually use them to raise their children or buy food to feed themselves, they just wait until cheque day and then go bust it all on smokes or alchohol. I just thought this was a funny name because its such a joke in Australia.

Definition of a bogan: A fascinating beast. The majority of the species are hideously repugnant and unintelligent, and yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the outer west. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.
Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling and is characterised by an early-model Holden or Ford in the driveway surrounded by a group of males discussing why the carby is stuffed and the results of last night's footy (a primitive gladiator-like spectator sport enjoyed by most bogans).
The female of the species, while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females.
Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the pub" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate.
Herein lies an intersting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously.

Or This: A lower class inhabitant, usually of South-Eastern Australia. Generally 'dim-witted', bogans are well know for having poor and vulgar language and typically found in rural areas or outer, lower class, suburbs. A male bogan can often be seen wearing old attire typically a 'wife-beater' (singlet), Australian rules football jumper, or a flanel shirt. Hair cuts are typical of those seen in the 80's/90's with a common style being the 'mullet'. A male bogan's intrests are in the Australian style 'ute' (utility vehicle), Australian rules football, and the consumption of beer. The female bogan typically wears tight pants and with attire typical of the 80's/90's. Often refered to as 'darl' and 'sheila' the female bogan often attracts the attention of fellow bogans by calling an abbreviation of their name in a high pitched shril. The male bogan holds the postion of authority in a bogan household that can often see as many as 5 or 7 children. The female bogan is called upon by the male bogan only for dinner, beer and intercourse.

If you think Bogans sound funny, here is a whole TV Series and a movie called Housos which basically depicts the whole of western sydney.

This is the Trailer for the movie but you can find the 2 seasons of it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26O9XYTSj4g

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2013, 05:26:24 am »
+5
A male bogan can often be seen wearing old attire typically a 'wife-beater' (singlet), Australian rules football jumper, or a flanel shirt. Hair cuts are typical of those seen in the 80's/90's with a common style being the 'mullet'.

10/10 would hang out with on weekends

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2013, 05:57:56 am »
+1
Been using Lt_Anders for neigh on 12 years now. Depending on website, I'm usually the only one with that name or even just ANDERS for most sites. Pretty unique for some reason...

Started using it in Battlefield 1942 and would troll people by ramming ships and other crazy stuff. Then took it to starcraft. Made it my XBL name in '04 and I've always used it since, it's even in my email and other things I use. Since '01 and when I started playing games. Probably a mix of a 12yo military enthusiasm and the first Matrix, though it's similar enough to some of my name as well.

Offline Silfarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 23
  • praise mlaatr
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrell
  • Game nicks: I am the everyjudas!
  • IRC nick: Judas_cRPGSilfarion
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2013, 06:27:36 am »
+2
I have a ton of gamer names:

Silfarion (name of a sword from some manga i read)
Judas (judas priest huehue)
donutzrkool (got bored, thought of donuts, donuts are cool)
DamnedUsernameThing (all the above were taken)

Offline Akasiri1

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 11
  • Cav4Life
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Persian_Lion
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2013, 07:33:19 am »
+2
I feel like mine is pretty straight-forward.. Persian_Lion  :D
I'm an Iranian-American and damned proud of it. Also, the "Persian Lion" a.k.a Asiatic Lion has been the symbol of Persia/Iran for a very long time.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.