Author Topic: How did you come up with your Gamer Name?  (Read 19775 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: How did you come up with your Gamer Name?
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2013, 10:38:04 pm »
+24
I love the game "Full Throttle", the main character is Ben, whom i use as my avatar.
He is a rough dude, drinking, smoking, girls, motorgang ...

Now the formost characteristic is his fiercefully looking chin.
In german
chin = Kinn
fierce = grimm
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2013, 11:19:24 pm »
+1
Full Throttle was a great game, loved those old 90's adventure games.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2013, 01:04:55 am »
+1
my mom gave me my name

dixon buttes is just a portmanteau of my favorite things

my character in phantasy star online on dreamcast was limp bizkit in alternating caps, he was a black and red robot that shot lasers, yup
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 11, 2013, 06:02:31 am »
+1
kinda offtopic, but whats your avatar from krosis? i like it a lot =P

google, I'm not very original..

the artist name is on the art.. I think.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2013, 09:24:54 am »
+1
This thread isn't dead yet.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2013, 09:42:22 am »
+1
my mom gave me my name

dixon buttes is just a portmanteau of my favorite things

my character in phantasy star online on dreamcast was limp bizkit in alternating caps, he was a black and red robot that shot lasers, yup

LOL I miss that game... phantasy star online was the shit

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2013, 12:18:55 pm »
+5
Finnian was the name of the main character of my first experimental novel that I started writing somewhere around the age of 13.  It was a story inspired primarily by Tolkien and the Inheritance series (back when the latter was still good).  The surname Tiercel came about when I was doing research on falcons and falconry to gain some info on what species of predatory birds would be used by the Geats (the people that Beowulf was of). 
I was doing this because I was working on another novel experiment that took place a generation or so after the death of Beowulf.  I was trying to come up with suitable details for a bird of prey companion my main character was going to acquire.  During my research I came across the term "Tiercel" which basically means a male falcon or other bird of prey (which are smaller and lighter than the female counterparts but therefore faster).

So TLDR Finnian Tiercel is the culmination of seperate elements from two of my novel works (no I haven't worked on either in ages... don't look at me like that.  Tolkien did the same thing.)

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2013, 05:41:53 pm »
+2
I love the game "Full Throttle", the main character is Ben, whom i use as my avatar.
He is a rough dude, drinking, smoking, girls, motorgang ...

Now the formost characteristic is his fiercefully looking chin.
In german
chin = Kinn
fierce = grimm

I thought it was just meant to be a grumpy king with some creative spelling.
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #248 on: November 01, 2013, 11:00:16 am »
+5
1. Porthos_Woodstock - it's very simply obviously. I've played on some russian SA:MP server some years ago (where I met Macropus ^^), and very damn often i've got banned there. So I've generated a variety of wacky names before I've got this name. Obviously this name originates from two of my favorite things - one of my favorite books ("The Three Musketeers" by Alexandre Dumas, from where I've taken a name of my favorite character - Porthos) and my favorite music genre (60-70's classic rock, and the most famous rock festivals of those times - Woodstock). So that's how I've did the deed. This name brought me a little more luck, and I was banned not so fast. When I decided to leave SA:MP and join my buddy Macropus (who by this time had already played here in crpg a few months) so I decided to use this name, 'cos it's more or less associated with the knights/swords/and all such things. By the way, I started as Portos _Woodstock and played under this name a for a very long time, and only in August (I am a dumb asshole, shame on me :oops:), I think, I discovered that my name is written incorrectly in English and I have changed it to Porthos. Sad thing that I can't rename my forum account  :(
(click to show/hide)

2. InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS - I've made this char soon after the previous one, and it even had the same face, but the different gear - I've tried to play as a 1h/2h katana shielder :shock:. Yep, I'm was a nab :oops:. So, why exactly I've made this one? Вecause... cause... 'cos... cuz idk, maybe I felt the need to hiding from my friend Macropus or make some griefing fun... Well, I think I know why - I've made this char cuz I just fecking love this word combination :P. So, where it's name came from? Some, like Bruuti, suggested that this is inspired by Mudcrabs from the The Elder Scrolls. Some of you, kind sirs, maybe even thought that I came up with this name by my own imagination. You're all wrong. I've took this hilarious name from a song of one of my favorite bands ever - "Hatfield and the North". They had a song with a temporary name "Invasion Of The Landcrabs", which one became later "Gigantic Land Crabs In Earth Takeover Bid". So I just made my crab invasion gigantic - and voila...
(click to show/hide)

3/4 The_Gorgeous_Twink/The_Gorgeous_Bear - Somewhere in February or even later, I've decided to make some more chars, just because I do love to create different faces :). I've made two persons - the fast 9/30 guy with katana, garish clothing and a pretty face (skipped the fun), and the 21/18 strong man with an angry beardy face. So that's how The Gorgeous Twink and The Gorgeous Bear were born  :wink:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
THE END!
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #249 on: November 01, 2013, 02:27:36 pm »
+2
Diablo 2. I needed a better fitting nickname for the barbarian. "Me Bavvo me whirl" :D I kinda stuck with it afterwards :)

Offline ForGO_of_Acre

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Pope_Bravo_of_Acre
  • IRC nick: ForGO
« Reply #250 on: November 01, 2013, 03:03:03 pm »
+2
My orginal name was ForGod_of_Acre, but one of the members were butthurt about the "religious" aspect of my name, so I took the d off and became ForGO, but have since changed my name, either bravo, because I served in the army and my Mos was 11 bravo, hence the bravo, now it is Macedonia, because that happens to be my favorite faction in both rome total wars :D.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #251 on: November 01, 2013, 03:17:47 pm »
+5
Once upon a time 15(yes fifteen) years ago I picked up a book on Greek Mythological characters. I skimmed through it looking for names that were aesthetically pleasing to the eye when read and the ear when spoken, and had an interesting story behind them. The story of Tydeus is that he was ambushed by 50 thievelings and killed all but one of them, which took his life. And thus Tydeus was born anew, except I'd kill all 50.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #252 on: November 01, 2013, 03:23:28 pm »
+2
I started in closed beta in Native as Kalpokor, a nick without history, only a result of my own imagination [I played also as "___________________"]. After few weeks in cRPG I decided to use shorter version, a new beginning so a new nick too. After few months I checked out of curiosity if it means something, you know uncle Google and it's a heart in turkish language. A few turkish players said me good words about it  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:00:25 pm by Kalp »
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline STR_KpuBopy4ka

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 01, 2013, 04:18:35 pm »
+8
My nickname "KpuBopyk" appeared in M&B Warband coz i can't play good in the beginning for a long time. The word "криворукий" is an adjective formed by two words: "кривой" and "руки". And it's a negative characteristic of a person, who does some work (by hand or by fingers) badly. When he does something wrong, in irrational way or produces something of poor quality he is called "криворукий" :D

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2013, 06:14:34 pm »
+1
I started with SP1N when I was a teenager because I wanted something that was quick and easy to say over voice comms.

N1PS is just SP1N backwards, but has become my cRPG identity. (cuzimaqt)

I don't really play much of the other characters, but I've got all sorts of names all based around the same four characters. (see left)
(click to show/hide)