Author Topic: Guns, Guns, and more Guns, Hosted by Inbred Redneck AntiBlitz Ameritrash  (Read 12004 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Guns, and more Guns, Hosted by Inbred Redneck AntiBlitz Ameritrash
« Reply #315 on: October 15, 2013, 11:14:30 pm »
Severe lack of internet culture, not knowing what an alot is.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2013, 07:16:31 pm »
+1
this would be my first time hearing about the Alot monster, HOWEVER! he is not made of guns.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2013, 08:11:35 pm »
this would be my first time hearing about the Alot monster, HOWEVER! he is not made of guns.

He is made of anything

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2013, 08:15:55 pm »
+1
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Zomg

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of Sungetche
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • IRC nick: Kebabmeister
« Reply #319 on: October 17, 2013, 02:32:40 pm »
My state has no such restrictions on ammunition with the exception of soft tip rounds for hunting, however the state of New Jersey does, and actually i think its the only state that has such a restriction in the whole country.  The state of New Jersey bans possession of hollow point bullets by civilians except for ammunition possessed at one's dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed. The law also requires all hollow point ammunition to be transported directly from the place of purchase to one's home, or by members of a rifle or pistol club directly to a place of target practice, or directly to an authorized target range from the place of purchase or one's home.

There isnt any sort of regulation on the the caliber of firearm as much as there is a regulation on the firearms themselves.  I think the only thing you cant own in Maryland are grenade launchers, bazookas, flamethrowers, lol essentially all the extreme things, and even those i think you can own as long as you get a license for them.

This link shows which weapons they have regulated, but none of them have restrictions on owning them, so to own one is as simple as filling out the paperwork and passing.  Well until October 31st anyways, as thatll be when Maryland's new gun law goes in to effect banning the sale of all assault style weapons.
http://www.oag.state.md.us/Opinions/2010/95oag101.pdf

Maryland Assault Weapon sale ban
http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/fnotes/bil_0003/sb0623.pdf

So - there is no regulations against FMJs?

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 17, 2013, 07:32:17 pm »
nope, i think the only regulation pertains to steel core, which is a military round meant to penetrate armor, though im not sure if that is a federal thing, or state law.  They just wont sell it, though you can find some people who have them and are selling them for thousands of dollars.

most notable case of this came under scrutiny from the FiveSeven, which when first released to the public was sold with the steel core, armor piercing rounds.  After it was named the cop killer(brutal shooting of a LEO by a Mexican Cartel member, if i remember correctly), Herstal pulled all sale of ammunition to the public, and revamped the ammunition to be sold to the public with a sport round.

Offline Zomg

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of Sungetche
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • IRC nick: Kebabmeister
« Reply #321 on: October 18, 2013, 02:29:41 am »
nope, i think the only regulation pertains to steel core, which is a military round meant to penetrate armor, though im not sure if that is a federal thing, or state law.  They just wont sell it, though you can find some people who have them and are selling them for thousands of dollars.

most notable case of this came under scrutiny from the FiveSeven, which when first released to the public was sold with the steel core, armor piercing rounds.  After it was named the cop killer(brutal shooting of a LEO by a Mexican Cartel member, if i remember correctly), Herstal pulled all sale of ammunition to the public, and revamped the ammunition to be sold to the public with a sport round.

FMJs can also penetrate vests, can't they? So they are uh, pretty much the same?

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2013, 02:50:33 am »
well yes to a degree, the problem is that the outer jacket can actually peel off, and then the only thing under the jacket is lead, which is soft and malleable.  The steel core are meant to shoot through things like armor plates. A lot of heavier vests have these, they are used by response teams and the military, since everyday wear is fatiguing since they weigh so much.  Even so, fmj rounds in most handguns are kind of a flip of a coin on whether or not they will penetrate the armor, since armor in itself is a gamble, they arent guaranteed to be 100%  bulletproof.  But anyways most vests rated to lvl II can stop up to a 44 magnum if im not mistaken, or a 12gauge slug, which is what most LEO wear.