Author Topic: Suggestions to re-balance throwing.  (Read 26404 times)

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions to re-balance throwing.
« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2011, 09:53:57 am »
When is the goddamn item patch coming? I am tired of paying insane repairs for 4 axes which can be used to kill 1 person if you actually manage to hit all of them which is borderline impossible, unless you only use them in doorways or stairs (still the accuracy is laughable).
These things cost me as much repair as my main weapon with efficiency ratio of about 1(axes) to 10(any 2H/Polearm)

The only satisfaction I get is one in a million random headshot which is oh so epic and satisfying, but has no skill involved and is pure luck.
Oh and btw my throwing charracter is so assraped by the new changes, I have 8 PT on my thrower and 50wpf from previous patch... now whats wrong with that with the new patch...?

For a level 30 build 8 PT is really the max even if you're a pure thrower. 9 PT puts you at 3 athletics with no IF, shield, riding, or PS. 8 PT allows you to have more athletics, a shield, maybe some PS, and/or riding.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2011, 09:56:19 am »
i read dev post saying that trowing lances where not gonna get removed then some saying it is, am so lost
all i want to know is if they remove it can i get the loom points for it, if the lances says sweet!
if not i can live with out top teir throwing, i'll just use throwing as a side weapon..but i would like to reloom something ells

Offline YourLord

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hail to the King Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2011, 01:51:08 pm »
For a level 30 build 8 PT is really the max even if you're a pure thrower. 9 PT puts you at 3 athletics with no IF, shield, riding, or PS. 8 PT allows you to have more athletics, a shield, maybe some PS, and/or riding.

Huh? Why are you even telling me this? I was pointing out that with 8PT and 47WPF I am only using 3PT because 3*14=42 , cant even use Kuyak or I am no longer able to pick up my axes back when I throw them... or i have to take off the helmet
47 * (1 - 0,008 * 16,3)~40
Its time to kick ass and eat granola...

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2011, 02:18:15 pm »
It was an addendum to what you were saying to inform people that may not have known that 7 PT is the norm with 8 PT as the absolute max.

Offline YourLord

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Hail to the King Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2011, 05:25:06 pm »
It was an addendum to what you were saying to inform people that may not have known that 7 PT is the norm with 8 PT as the absolute max.

Ohh... ok haha, I just thought it was a bit random and out of the blue :D
But yes 6-7 PT if you're Hybrid is max you should be getting, don't know about pure though.

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2011, 06:09:00 pm »
I really just can't play with more than 6 PT on my dedicated thrower.

I've been trying but strength builds just don't work for my style of play, I need at least 6 athletics preferrably 7.

Sure higher power throw gives some advantages, but for me freedom of movement and the increased tactical options that brings far out weigh those.

Could push for 21/18, but that would leave me as a dedicated foot soldier (no enough skill points for Riding and HA) and athletics 6 is still not THAT fast.

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2011, 12:20:52 am »
I really just can't play with more than 6 PT on my dedicated thrower.

I've been trying but strength builds just don't work for my style of play, I need at least 6 athletics preferrably 7.

Sure higher power throw gives some advantages, but for me freedom of movement and the increased tactical options that brings far out weigh those.

Could push for 21/18, but that would leave me as a dedicated foot soldier (no enough skill points for Riding and HA) and athletics 6 is still not THAT fast.

I just retired my spartan style thrower that had 6 PT, 6 PS, 4 shield, 4 riding, 5 WM, 5 athletics. I had 100ish wpf in throwing (I wore a barbutte, so I needed more wpf) and 120ish wpf in 1h. I am now going to go for a 21/15 build where I get 7 PT, 7PS, 5 riding, 5 athletics, 5 WM, 2 HA, 100 wpf throwing, 120 wpf polearm and I will use either 2 throwing lances or a throwing lance and a bag of throwing spears. I find that in light armor, 5 athletics is good enough. Javcav is really fun because you can actually chase down HAs fairly easily, just have to be careful cause I am going to wear very light armor.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2011, 10:02:47 pm »
The current wpf per powerthrow requirement is 13, not 14. I know we were told 14 by someone, but there is a lot of misinformation going around. Same with the lances. Some of the devs like to troll. I don't understand why since it probably makes their jobs harder when people are pming them yelling about lances and wpf. Oh well. 1*13.

Edit: took out my question after finding info about it in the RIP throwing thread. Posted question there.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:37:44 pm by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline YourLord

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Hail to the King Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2011, 09:26:00 am »
The current wpf per powerthrow requirement is 13, not 14. I know we were told 14 by someone, but there is a lot of misinformation going around. Same with the lances. Some of the devs like to troll. I don't understand why since it probably makes their jobs harder when people are pming them yelling about lances and wpf. Oh well. 1*13.

Edit: took out my question after finding info about it in the RIP throwing thread. Posted question there.

Weird, then how come when I wear my 16,3 armor I can throw, but not pick up HeavyThrowing Axes from the ground?

Barbutte(3), Kuyak(13), Leather Boots(0,8), Mail Gauntlets (0,5)
(3 * 3) + 13 + 0,8 + (0,5 * 2) - 7,5=16,3
3 * 13=39

My WPF 47
47 * (1 - 0,008 * 16,3)=40,8712

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2011, 09:34:52 am »
Weird, then how come when I wear my 16,3 armor I can throw, but not pick up HeavyThrowing Axes from the ground?

Barbutte(3), Kuyak(13), Leather Boots(0,8), Mail Gauntlets (0,5)
(3 * 3) + 13 + 0,8 + (0,5 * 2) - 7,5=16,3
3 * 13=39

My WPF 47
47 * (1 - 0,008 * 16,3)=40,8712

A quick estimation way of doing it is to take helmet x3, hands x2, chest, and feet. Add those together, subtract 7, and that's how much WPF you lose. I round up to make everything easier and just to be safe. In your case that is (3*3)+(.5 *2)+13+1-7=17. So that leaves 47-17=30, which is 9 less than you require.

Offline YourLord

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Hail to the King Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2011, 09:45:38 am »

A quick estimation way of doing it is to take helmet x3, hands x2, chest, and feet. Add those together, subtract 7, and that's how much WPF you lose. I round up to make everything easier and just to be safe. In your case that is (3*3)+(.5 *2)+13+1-7=17. So that leaves 47-17=30, which is 9 less than you require.

Hmm.. does that mean this thread is innacurate or did I make a mistake somewhere?
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2722.0.html

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2011, 09:46:29 am »
Hint: chadz likes his exponential functions.

Edit: I just derived the formular for the needed minimum throwing skill from the code, with armor pieces weights and powerthrow as parameter so I don't have to rely on trial and error like you commoners. I should probalby get a nobel price for that. Too bad I can't share it because of chadz' strict "no transparency" agenda.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:28:52 pm by Paul »

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2011, 05:51:43 pm »
^Probably not a bad policy, people tend to twist any factual information they recieve to meet their own ends.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2011, 07:42:17 pm »
chadz' strict "no transparency" agenda.

What? ugggh.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2011, 10:04:35 pm »
You know how he refuses to make patch notes or inform people of how he edits game mechanics.