Author Topic: Has the coalition given up?  (Read 19975 times)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: Has the coalition given up?
« Reply #270 on: October 12, 2013, 07:44:37 pm »
+1

The problem is in Strategus itself. They should add some built-in tools for faction leaders so they can control members without logging in. Strategus should be easier and should not contain micromanagement.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #271 on: October 12, 2013, 07:55:36 pm »
+1

but then what would be the incentive for anyone but 1-2 leaders ever logging on or playing?
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #272 on: October 12, 2013, 08:55:29 pm »
+1
but then what would be the incentive for anyone but 1-2 leaders ever logging on or playing?

Well you could maybe only perform certain actions (control rosters, transfer stuff, etc), but not others like moving, so that the person actually needs to do something

Offline Rebelyell

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 12, 2013, 10:19:45 pm »
more micromanagmet then
we all love it

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #274 on: October 12, 2013, 10:20:45 pm »
+1
more hyper activity!

GIVE ME BOATS!
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile

Offline Rebelyell

• King
    • View Profile

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #277 on: October 12, 2013, 10:57:18 pm »
+1
If we at EU were smart we would have wargoals and not always smashing one faction to death leading to boredom at strat after that.
Leaders of Coalition and UIF should sit together and make one area of the map to the "battlefield" ;) whoever gets it is winner. After that another area etc.
So we could have battles forever ;) I love the xp but i think it will be over soon.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2013, 02:50:23 am »
Nha, after Coalition , Greys gonna take whole map for themselfs , dirty scums :)

Offline Spartacus

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2013, 08:17:18 pm »
If we at EU were smart we would have wargoals and not always smashing one faction to death leading to boredom at strat after that.
Leaders of Coalition and UIF should sit together and make one area of the map to the "battlefield" ;) whoever gets it is winner. After that another area etc.
So we could have battles forever ;) I love the xp but i think it will be over soon.
you forgot that you still have Rindyar Castle?
Its almost untakeable, so it is  probably infinity xp for your side
So thats NA, why do you care about EU? Are you trying to export freedom?

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 13, 2013, 11:20:37 pm »
+2
4.25kk xp today from 4 battles

Offtopic:
Meanwhile in Russia:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:38:17 pm by Segd »

Offline Mengil

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 13, 2013, 11:24:02 pm »
+1
you forgot that you still have Rindyar Castle?
Its almost untakeable, so it is  probably infinity xp for your side

Rindyar Castle can be taken, come and prove that UIF are the best :)

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2013, 02:41:18 am »
4.25kk xp today from 4 battles

Offtopic:
Meanwhile in Russia:
(click to show/hide)

Starting to hate my boss for planning me for night shift over this weekend.

What was that riot about?
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2013, 02:43:19 am »
+9
The problem is in Strategus itself. They should add some built-in tools for faction leaders so they can control members without logging in. Strategus should be easier and should not contain micromanagement.

This!!! Noone needs anything more than this! This is exactly what we (GO) heavily promote since the banwave!

Now try to read the following with understanding, cause this are thoughts that come from personal experience :D

Multiaccounting or accountsharing ruins strat and ruins factions that use it. Not because of bans (although we have seen that before), but because it makes single members inactive. They "don't have to" do various stuff, they do not engage in whatever happens on Strat. They don't have to, because someone else is doing that for them.

In early iterations of Strat the resources (troops and gold) came from players only. That meant that large numbers of faction members could grant you extensive resources. The members were just sitting and farming, and their only job was to dump stuff to the leader or the fief. Most of clans had certain of number "dead souls" i.e. just farmers, players otherwise inactive. And if this guys were inactive it means that they were not available for any action. At that time accountsharing was borne - solely to dump god and troops, and transfer it on map.

Over time more things had to be done on map and in game (I mean strat). The game developed. The economy appeared and was improved. The map itself got geography and now you cross rivers by bridge and avoid mountains (it wasn't always like that, remember?). And one day the most important change ever was introduced - Startegus Ticks. From that moment on the "dead souls", inactive farmers got completely obsolete. Beacuse money is earned in trade (made by guys active on strat), and troops come from players active in crpg. So the clans focused on actually active players. And since they are active - there is no need to access their accounts. They can easily do it on their own. This, combined with deterrent factor of banwave and general condemnation of accountsharing made it really marginal in today's strategus.

In addition there is more "jobs" in strategus - army leaders, caravans, protection of fiefs, name it.  So the active guys actually have something to do in strat (again - it wasn't always like that,a nd still is not enough in this Strat) . So the people get involved, and get interested. And so they do stuff themselves.  And that means LESS WORK FOR LEADERS, which, trust me, is important if you want to run an effective clan AND have a girlfriend.

But I still agree with Dave - there should be some built-in tools for faction leaders so they can control members . Why? Cause this is a team game. A lot of people - that are more or less involved and interested in Strat - work on the success. And if one day there is a critical situation, and one of your players disappears from start for few weeks to go for vacation, play Skyrim, is sick or sent to jail (yes, it happened to us once :D), the leaders should be able to make some action on the account of that player - even if is only transfer of gold or army to another guy to just to protect the resources.  Preferably, without accessing such guy's account. Otherwise work of meny man is fucked by on person, and that is not ok.  It should be somehow "expensive" and used as the last resort - just like we all avoid quickmarch as much as we can. AND THIS IS THE SOLUTION WE PROMOTE

You may say "yes but you still may login to move other guy on the map and cheat the entire system this way" Yes. But would you really want to, if you play with bunch of really active guys (so they can do the job without your extra effort), risking ban from Strat, condemnation by community, and somewhat ugly feeling that you cheat in video game? My personal anwser is NO, and I know that it is shared by my teammates including all leaders of GO. And if there would be a "legal" way to do certain things on strat in critical cases - that would remove the reason for this kind of shit even more.

This game has changed a lot since its original introduction and I would love to see i changed even more. This community matured too (I really think so, however weird it sounds) and certain things are more clear for all of us now then 2 years ago.

Now you can rage on, just keep in mind I said all of this in good faith.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2013, 03:33:19 am »
+2
well that was a fun battle kapikulu!

let's wait for the nice screens while I tell the story of when I walked up to your spawn hugging enemies and selecting your spawn to finally destroy it :D

<3 grelekjek
<3 heskey
<3 en dotter who got shot out of my loving arms by nikodin while hugging me
<3 nikon who tried to spawnrape me