Author Topic: Has the coalition given up?  (Read 19787 times)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: Has the coalition given up?
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2013, 02:59:02 pm »
its humanitarian aid, warm socks, canned food, lubricant  :P
oh comon vovka you should agree, that move is pure bulshit

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2013, 03:05:07 pm »
+1
Itembombing? I always thought it is called "loot"...
It would be "loot" if it would´ve been gained from victorious battle. Instead some Crapikulu decided to drop about 130 different shit items in castle before attacking it.
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2013, 03:05:49 pm »
Yes, let's attack an army outside of the castle (And thus loosing much more tickets than actually defending the castle) so the attackers cannot use the failed mechanics (also called exploiting/griefing) to fuck us up in the first minutes of the next battle.

Don't exploit, simple as that. Also, after Knitler the little dip$#/T itembombed us just recently, this time someone was smart enough to capture the whole thing. Expect some punishment for your kapikulubuddies.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2013, 03:47:09 pm »
+2
Pretty sure gear won after a fight due to defenders winning is not item bombing... having people dump gear into the castle itself just before an attack is illeagal and a shitty thing to do. If someone is doing that they should be booted from the strat map
Leader of BS

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2013, 03:59:33 pm »
+2
For example Panos' ladders that float above forward spawns so he can drop on them, it's an exploit

Come on, thats like the coolest way to help defend a siege.

You cant tell people to not use items in "unrealistic ways"; else you have to forbid using ladders to act as shields and things like that.
Everything in the game can be done, as long as you respect a few simple rule. The moment you accept that, you adapt. In your example, you dont build a forward spawn too close to the walls or you properly protect it with ladders.
Same for anti-ladders tactics where you use ladders to block incoming ladders/siege equipment.

The only thing I'm ready to agree with you, which isnt written in the rules, is to not abuse the siege equipment limit as defenders, at least not the entire round and not voluntarily.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:16:43 pm by Butan »

Offline Rebelyell

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2013, 04:07:05 pm »
Wouldn't it be nice if neither side abused shitty game mechanics that chadz never specifically said 'do this and you'll be banned'?

For example Panos' ladders that float above forward spawns so he can drop on them, it's an exploit, the ladder floats, but cos one end is touching the edge of the castle it technically isn't a sky ladder. And as your life-long ally says 'it isn't against the rules so i'm going to keep doing it'. I wonder how that makes the attackers feel when they're next confronted with the moral dilemma of abusing obviously shitty game mechanics but ones they won't get banned for?

Or the number of times a ladder is placed that deliberately or accidentally stops a siege tower, or bugs out all ladders being placed by attackers below it. Although they're nearly always broken eventually by kind defenders, you always get the few individuals shouting 'We're using it so NO!' when asked to break it. And although it's broken nearly every time in the end, it takes around 10 mins of debate the whole time that runs down the clock and only suits defenders.

Item bombing is shitty, i wouldn't do it, but everyone takes advantage of shitty exploits in this game, so unless both sides agree on certain exploits that should never be used, or the admins agree on actually making some things against the rules that are fair to both sides, i guess it'll keep happening. The argument for item bombing would be that inactive defenders deserve some kind of handicap compared to active ones. But i still think it's cheap.

"comon sens" you smart ass

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2013, 04:15:23 pm »
+10
Also, after Knitler the little dip$#/T itembombed us just recently,

Damn, the hate towards a man who's carried Anti-UiF roster for so long is quite extreme! :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2013, 04:50:31 pm »
+1
Come on guys, this thread is about how EU is going to wipe NA throw thine testicalia on the NA choppith blockith to get removedith from thine crotch. Ith.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2013, 04:51:41 pm »
My bad thend :-D been out of contact with star. For a while, might have to rejoin if it's no longer a stalemate

Offline Rebelyell

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2013, 05:21:59 pm »
Basic empathy, one man's 'comon sens' is another man's exploit that ruins the fun. How to make it clearer... When you're team uses a clever little trick and laughs at how the enemy can no longer attack, you're ruining it for them. And when they do the same to you they are having the exact same reaction to when you do it, 'hehe, aren't we clever'.

I know and like people on both sides of the blocks, when you're in that situation you get to see that it isn't all one-sided good guys/bad guys, and frankly there are twats on both sides. You clearly don't enjoy thinking about it that way, but it's not so simple as 'the enemy' are just evil and love ruining fun, and 'the good guys' use these fun and clever tricks to baffle 'the enemy'. Or maybe it is, maybe it's just 'comon sens' when you do it, but a cheating exploit when they do? CRPG community best community lol.
like item bomb is on that red line

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2013, 05:34:23 pm »
+1
For example Panos' ladders that float above forward spawns so he can drop on them, it's an exploit, the ladder floats, but cos one end is touching the edge of the castle it technically isn't a sky ladder.

How this is still allowed is beyond me. Those ladders are just as unrealistic and abusive as the sky ladder, indeed.

The devs should perhaps have some dedicated test players (or actually try a strat siege for themselves) that aren't biased scumbags to tell them shit like this.

No hate toward Panos of course, I speak in general terms.

ps: It's not just because the side of Coalition are using them, I'd still complain about them if UIF were using ladders like that. So don't go "JUST BECUZ UIF ATAK WUD BOUT UZ WEN WE ATAKED!??!"
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2013, 05:51:16 pm »
+3
Damn, the hate towards a man who's carried Anti-UiF roster for so long is quite extreme! :lol:

As you may have noticed, we are doing just fine without him.
Also, this rage has nothing to do with Coalition. The way he left HRE and what kind of bullcrap he pulls now just boggles my mind after playing with him for almost 1.5years. He even was so far that he thought about meeting up with us in RL if it's possible somehow. We maybe saw it coming this year because of HRE being inactive for quite some time and him being bored of us, but that lying soab didn't even have the balls to give us the real reason why he left. I thought after so much time spent with us, even though we are still just people from the internet, he owed us at least that. So this rage is between HRE and him and maybe some of the guys that are leading coalition strat.
Heck, Varadin left us for the same reason and we still like him (Although i'm not sure if he understands that, so if you read that varadin, i still wuv you <3).

PS:  I'm all in for banning ladders that are are only connected once with siege equipment/ground/scene props. There would still be some kind of ladders sticking in the air, but at least you wouldn't be able to place them on top of siege towers or whatever, and imo those are the worst kind. But then again, we would need cmp or chadz to change the rules accordingly. But for now that's just the way it is. Itembombing is not allowed and those ladders are.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2013, 06:07:47 pm »
+1
Yes, let's attack an army outside of the castle (And thus loosing much more tickets than actually defending the castle) so the attackers cannot use the failed mechanics (also called exploiting/griefing) to fuck us up in the first minutes of the next battle.

Don't exploit, simple as that. Also, after Knitler the little dip$#/T itembombed us just recently, this time someone was smart enough to capture the whole thing. Expect some punishment for your kapikulubuddies.
When you/mercs were on the offensive that so called item bombing and griefing and abuse of failed mechanics was fair game, totally acceptable, and real cool.
EDIT2: How the fuck can you complain about itembombing when you're stacking 10k troops in fiefs to grief with the failed 1/3 mechanic?
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:12:44 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2013, 06:08:55 pm »
+4
I'm really curious what interesting can you tell about blocking siege ramp with ladders  :rolleyes: 

If you want to play dirty, then you can get it  :twisted:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:21:12 pm by Harpag »

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2013, 06:14:38 pm »
When you/mercs were on the offensive that so called item bombing and griefing and abuse of failed mechanics was fair game, totally acceptable, and real cool.

(click to show/hide)

You know that is a blatant lie.