Author Topic: Nerf Kicks  (Read 8544 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Nerf Kicks
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2014, 10:14:01 pm »
+4
So changing them shouldn't be a big deal, as they are not used often anyways.

Where's the logic there? If they're not commonly used, they shouldn't be nerfed, that's more logical, yes?

However, kicks are quite often used and the reach and duration is beyond retarded (saying this as a notorious kicker since it was first implemented in native...)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2014, 10:15:56 pm »
Where's the logic there? If they're not commonly used, they shouldn't be nerfed, that's more logical, yes?

However, kicks are quite often used and the reach and duration is beyond retarded (saying this as a notorious kicker since it was first implemented in native...)
You are making my point.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2014, 10:23:21 pm »
+1
How many times you get kicked daily? If you get kicked often, you probably run straight to your opponents. I rarely see kicks, even from those very well armored behemoths with mauls. That's because kicking is risky in a game where everyone opens an attack with a stab.

Contrary to popular shielder whine, kicks and hiltslashes aren't common as they claim. Knockdown with one handed blunt weapons, on the other hand...

I only play siege. Fighting mostly occurs in doorways/hallways/ladders/stairs. In these confines, kicks are the primary offensive weapon. I probably don't go a round without being kicked and landing a kick on someone at least once.

Something that's on a 2s cooldown like kick should at least require you to aim, which it doesn't now thanks to the huge arc and long duration.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1202
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2014, 10:54:31 pm »
Isn't NA siege long dead? I also play siege.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2014, 11:26:16 pm »
+1
Kicking is hilarious, an fun.

Only thing that needs a fix, is the duration... which i can agree to is silly atm..

Also, for the lasy fuckers, try an stop running in a straight line, at your target, also try an use kick.

Ive never seen u kick once Kinngrim!! not once!  :lol:

Your play style is so obvious, an your really easy to read, even with your 10 ath you need to work on your footwork :)

A play style that relies on facehuggin an spamming left swings is bound to get fucked by kickers, even if they reset it back to native settings  8-)
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2014, 11:51:07 pm »
+3
You should maybe be able to tap A or D to dodge when you're kicked
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2014, 12:54:13 am »
+3
Also, for the lasy fuckers, try an stop running in a straight line

This would be a valid suggestion, if kicks didn't have a ~180 degree arc. It doesn't matter what direction you run at someone; they just need to kick in roughly the right direction.

If you are within range to land a left swing or overhead with a 1h weapon, you are within kick range. I bet you same people saying "kick is fine" complain "1h stab OP". Well maybe 1-handers wouldn't need to spam stabs all the time if we could get within a meter of our target without getting staggered by a foot that's way off to our side somewhere.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2014, 03:42:33 am »
Ive never seen u kick once Kinngrim!! not once!  :lol:
I do kick rarely, i never forced myself to train it and use it regularly to include it into my playstyle.

Your play style is so obvious, an your really easy to read, even with your 10 ath you need to work on your footwork :)
I try not to make science out of this game, i am doing ok and i know i am not the best player and i am ok with that too.

A play style that relies on facehuggin an spamming left swings is bound to get fucked by kickers, even if they reset it back to native settings  8-)
If you think i do mostly leftswing, then you do know less and asume more then reality presents, which in the end will be my advantage. Again, i think i am doing ok. If Leshma or others think it is because of high level, gear, but cant be because there is some personal skill involved, well everyone has his illusions, i do have mine too  :wink: .

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2014, 10:52:46 am »
+1
Actually a kick recovery via a, d or even s double tab is a viable and doable solution codeingwise. But the reaction window would have to be tight(prolly harsher than kd) and that might favour low pingers. Discuss the pro&contra and then Tydeus can implement it if he cares.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2014, 01:32:01 pm »
... a viable and doable solution codeingwise....
Changing 2 variable settings for angle and range of kicks isn't a viable/doable solution codingwise?
Or is it about waiting on cmp to change sth in WSE2? If the later, i wait gladly a little longer, aslong in the end we have a good solution and not only a "doable" solution.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2756
  • Infamy: 1156
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2014, 01:35:33 pm »
Actually a kick recovery via a, d or even s double tab is a viable and doable solution codeingwise. But the reaction window would have to be tight(prolly harsher than kd) and that might favour low pingers. Discuss the pro&contra and then Tydeus can implement it if he cares.

Or, give players more time to react but bind some weirdly placed key on keyboard. That way, low ping players aren't at advantage, only octopuses (that's how I call those who use nudge a lot).

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:36 pm »
+1
Changing 2 variable settings for angle and range of kicks isn't a viable/doable solution codingwise?
Or is it about waiting on cmp to change sth in WSE2? If the later, i wait gladly a little longer, aslong in the end we have a good solution and not only a "doable" solution.

That's cmp stuff with an eta next pope election. Doable in real-time is only what us lesser beings can do in the module system.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2014, 02:05:13 pm »
+1
Just revert kicks back to how they were a year ago. Only pros could use and be effective with them, now it's every 2h or polearmer that you engage is going to try and kick you at least once. Even I do this because of how ridiculous they are. I mean, look at firebus. JUST LOOK AT HIM.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2014, 02:55:50 pm »
+3
Just revert kicks back to how they were a year ago. Only pros could use and be effective with them

While it was harder to hit with, punishing a failed kick with a weapon with bad or no stab was almost impossible without risking getting hit by it. Native kick with no block, that would've been a better solution.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:23:38 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2014, 03:45:27 pm »
That's cmp stuff with an eta next pope election. Doable in real-time is only what us lesser beings can do in the module system.

Surely there is a WSE2 programmer for another mod that would be willing to help fix cRPG's broken kick. The community would probably gladly donate funds to cover his/her time; just give me a Paypal address and I'd chip in.