Author Topic: Crossbow heirlooming.  (Read 12309 times)

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Crossbow heirlooming.
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2011, 12:22:30 am »
But the heirloom stats of the xbow are, imo, overpowered. Especially the accuracy and speed rating.
A slight -1 speed rating of the current masterwork xbows would already be better, even if it doesn't change that much.
You can greatly increase the performance of bows with skills.  Wpf for crossbows only increases the accuracy and slightly increases the reload speed.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2011, 11:21:20 am »
You can greatly increase the performance of bows with skills.  Wpf for crossbows only increases the accuracy and slightly increases the reload speed.

Are you mocking me ?
You're actually saying not to nerf the xbows BECAUSE you don't need skills for them ?
And wpf don't "slightly" increase the reload speed. A MW Arbalest with 125 wpf is pretty fast to reload.

And i'd also like a confirmation that armor efficient weight doesn't lower effective xbow wpf. (Whereas of course, everyone knows it lowers drastically archery wpf)

Edit : It does change the accuracy (even if the noticeable is kind of fun. You can try an archer and put on a plate, to see what's a real noticeable difference of accuracy). And i don't know if weight lowers the reload time.

Also, waltf4 did awesome research, but i think they're pretty much outdated now, concerning xbows. But i may be wrong.
And if it's still accurate then you can surely see the BIG difference between the sniper and the Heavy xbow in time of speed. Heirloomed are supposed to a small buff, but moving a weapon in another category (only in terms of reload speed) while still having better accuracy, missile speed and damage is more than a small buff.

And damn, stop comparing bows to xbows, i'm talking about heirloom buffs here. When you have 13% faster reload speed just from heirloom, then i definitely think it's overpowered.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:37:29 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2011, 02:55:26 pm »
And wpf don't "slightly" increase the reload speed. A MW Arbalest with 125 wpf is pretty fast to reload.
(click to show/hide)
I would hardly consider 1 bolt every 6 seconds (using the reload time for regular heavy crossbow at 150 wpf to simulate a MW arbalest) 'pretty fast'.

Also, weight does effect crossbow accuracy, because when I don my full plate my reticle gets noticeably larger.