3 (5.1%)
Not sure
8 (13.6%)
Not really
3 (5.1%)
No
35 (59.3%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Ghosts Real or Fake?  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Sir_Firebus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC-BRD, Unicern, Narwhals, Cavaliers.
  • Game nicks: firebus Cavaliers_SwagBus Suberif Juggernot
  • IRC nick: firebus
Ghosts Real or Fake?
« on: September 26, 2013, 10:52:07 pm »
So do you believe or don't believe in ghosts? You can tell a ghost story if you have one, or say why you believe or don't believe in them.
BRD BRD BRD, BRD is the word!

When you lose a duel you are improving; when you win a duel you are measuring your improvement.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
Re: Ghosts Real or Fake?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:53:24 pm »
+9
real, duh........ have you never seen Ghostbusters?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 11:29:55 pm »
+2

I'm somewhat like him on this. Not totally, but really close.

I don't go straight out "no", I keep the possibility up in the air.
 But other stuff is accurate
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 11:44:54 pm »
+6
I always wondered, if ghosts were real, would they collide with each other? Because in most fiction they don't seem to collide with material objects, which makes you think...can they have sex with each other? Can they even masturbate, or does their hand simply move through their genitals?
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Sir_Firebus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC-BRD, Unicern, Narwhals, Cavaliers.
  • Game nicks: firebus Cavaliers_SwagBus Suberif Juggernot
  • IRC nick: firebus
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 11:49:33 pm »
+1
Ha funny video. He said bullshit so many times!
BRD BRD BRD, BRD is the word!

When you lose a duel you are improving; when you win a duel you are measuring your improvement.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 11:55:10 pm »
+8
See, here's the thing on ghosts. When people are conceived, a new soul is created unless an old soul inhabits the newly formed structure. That's where you get people referring to people who are "new" souls and "old" souls. There are currently more people on the planet than have ever lived in history, which is why we are still creating new souls. Now as we get more crowded, there will eventually be a balance between people born and people dying (right now about 136 million born and 56 million die every year) and no more new souls will be created unless we move off onto other planets, but then there is the concern that the souls here won't be able to make their way to those new planets and so you will still have an equilibrium here and no new souls, only new souls on those planets.
However, when a great die off occurs, there is a space of time where there simply aren't enough bodies for all the souls, and that is where you have ghosts. That is why we have tales through history of them, but none for the non-believers to see today. So wait for a mass killing in the hundreds of millions, and then you should have them around for a year or two, enough for some people to notice them.

There you go, all explained for you as to why they exist and why most people alive today have never seen one.  :mrgreen:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 12:18:25 am »
+4
See, here's the thing on ghosts. When people are conceived, a new soul is created unless an old soul inhabits the newly formed structure. That's where you get people referring to people who are "new" souls and "old" souls. There are currently more people on the planet than have ever lived in history, which is why we are still creating new souls. Now as we get more crowded, there will eventually be a balance between people born and people dying (right now about 136 million born and 56 million die every year) and no more new souls will be created unless we move off onto other planets, but then there is the concern that the souls here won't be able to make their way to those new planets and so you will still have an equilibrium here and no new souls, only new souls on those planets.
However, when a great die off occurs, there is a space of time where there simply aren't enough bodies for all the souls, and that is where you have ghosts. That is why we have tales through history of them, but none for the non-believers to see today. So wait for a mass killing in the hundreds of millions, and then you should have them around for a year or two, enough for some people to notice them.

There you go, all explained for you as to why they exist and why most people alive today have never seen one.  :mrgreen:
Seems legit.
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 12:23:38 am »
Can they even masturbate, or does their hand simply move through their genitals?
1:09 "You ever try to jerk off with a ghost hand? Nothing!"

I fucking love that movie

Offline Tyefire

• Baron
  • Renown: 111
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 12:24:12 am »
Haha I was expecting there to be one of these kinds of threads one day...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:28:12 am by TyeFire »
You can breathe..this is not a dream I really just slayed you.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 01:12:32 am »
Nope. I see ghosts as an extension of a person's religious belief. I don't believe in heaven or hell, so no demons, no ghosts, no afterlife. One life and everything you will ever experience is now. In a billion years your atoms might make up some other sentient being, but you won't experience it

Its a great relief to not have to be scared of anything except what actually exists, like thieves or accidents or whatever. When I was young I might be scared of a dark place, but I know exactly what to expect there now. Plus living in reality without props to cushion you against what you don't want to believe to be true is nice. If you are religious you have to take all the negative stuff that comes with it too, like ghosts and whatever
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 01:25:36 am »

The heck?

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 04:16:28 am »
+2
Is the hooded black guy who always peers in my window at night or sometimes fiddles with my door considered a ghost?
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 05:21:41 am »
There are no ghosts.

I'd be more easily convinced that there are demons/spirits before ghosts. But even that seems completely unlikely.

We would have come across undeniable proof by now if they existed. Not blurry photos, doors closing in a house, and electromagnetic meter readings.

Aliens on the other hand... they are somewhere out there. Maybe not in our solar system or galaxy... but they are out there!  :wink:

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 06:40:15 am »
I always wondered, if ghosts were real, would they collide with each other? Because in most fiction they don't seem to collide with material objects, which makes you think...can they have sex with each other? Can they even masturbate, or does their hand simply move through their genitals?
I would assume ghosts are like text messages from people. In that they are everywhere and generally do no harm, and may even be passing through you at any part of the day serving whatever purpose they have.
And that I haven't really seen any.
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 07:19:39 am »
+10
losing faith in humanity

one crpg thread at a time