Author Topic: GTA 5 Torture Mission (debate inside and no big spoilers hopefully)  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: GTA 5 Torture Mission (debate inside and no big spoilers hopefully)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 07:43:22 pm »
+1
*facepalm*

There is so much wrong in that comment.

First of all, i never said GTA was to blame. And to compare GTA with a freaking simulator is just stupid. The kid murdered his grandmother after he had played GTA, all his fault. But GTA contains violence and people shooting eachother, does microsofts simulators do that? No. Quite the big different, so don't compare it as microsoft would be guilty cause i never said rockstar was.

you fail to see the whole picture.

saying that someone murdered their grand mother because they played gta is same, as saying that someone crashed a plane into a building because they played microsoft flight simulator.

games that let you murder people dont make you a murderer, nor games that let you cook food make you a chef.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 07:48:35 pm »
+1
awwww boohoo for a already super violent super mature video game has a little torture scene.

this isnt the first time this has happened, why the fuck do people cry about "NOO, YOUR TORTURING SOMEONE! DATS EVIL!" in video games were you already slaughter 100s of people, without giving any fucks? its a game for adults and mature people, if you cant handle your character doing some gruesome things, then why are you playing the fucking game?

guess what people, shit like this happens IRL, it sucks, but get over it, trying to push controversial topics under the rug doesnt help shit.
movies, books and TV has torture in it, but put it in a video game and people starting shitting their pants

/rant
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 07:49:43 pm »
+1
you say that my logic is flawed because murderer is not a proffesion and that these games can make people go out and become those who they play as in these games.

the problem is that most players play games so they can have fun at competing and completing objectives, and not because they enjoy cooking or murdering.
i for example not play games to see gallons of blood or guts, i play games to have fun competing or to be creative.

ofc some people will play those games so they can murder people, but they are psychopaths to begin with, and not because they are playing those games.

if anything, your logic is flawed.

This whole post in a non sequitur. And I never said people play GTA because "they enjoy murdering."
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 07:50:34 pm »
Oh for god sake. Your comparison is rubbish. It would be good if in the simulator you flied a plane into a building, then, only then you could make that comparison. I'm not sure if he did it because of GTA or not BUT there is certainly some nutcases out there that have killed people because of GTA. If you actually see someone crash a plane because of a flying simulator you tell me.

games that let you murder people dont make you a murderer, nor games that let you cook food make you a chef.

No one has ever said that. Games that let you murder people ingame and then if you go outside afterwards and go on a killing spree, well guess what it makes you a murderer.

Your argument is silly.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 07:51:38 pm »
+1
Going to step in here. Recently, most research on video games and their pyschosocial health has been thrown out by several goverments in the world. The US supreme court, said in 2007, most of what the media and research says concerning the likelihood of committing an act based on video games is completely false, and a large majority of data is biased to approve an agenda of restricting video games.

Look it up, it's very intersting. There is close to 25 scholarly journals relating to this(before the supreme court tossed most of it aside) and even then the data was very inconclusive in some, and misleading in others.

So. Any time you hear: X plays games therefore X will likely do Y cause of games, ignore the commentator immediately. In most instances, the people who represent other facets of the crime(In America, the NRA is a BIG proponent of Games = Violence mentality) try to spin it on another type of media/thing to draw attention from theirs.(Like I said, This is American Centric, as you see this happen a lot more in America than elsewhere, and I only have my data from American sources.)

Had to do a write up on the stuff recently(IE data Aggregation). Was hell to do, but interesting what I learned.

If you wish to learn yourself(I took all my refrences read/used, only 25% are related to subject at hand. Rest are about other health effects of games):
(click to show/hide)

All this was done as part of my Masters Program.

Hey, Read this. I think you guys missed in in forum shitstorm to come....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 07:51:48 pm »
+1
This whole post in a non sequitur. And I never said people play GTA because "they enjoy murdering."

non sequitur? uhh, thanks, you really enlightened me the bro, gj.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 07:58:17 pm »
+1
Oh for god sake. Your comparison is rubbish. It would be good if in the simulator you flied a plane into a building, then, only then you could make that comparison. I'm not sure if he did it because of GTA or not BUT there is certainly some nutcases out there that have killed people because of GTA. If you actually see someone crash a plane because of a flying simulator you tell me.

No one has ever said that. Games that let you murder people ingame and then if you go outside afterwards and go on a killing spree, well guess what it makes you a murderer.

Your argument is silly.

if you play a game about murdering and then go out and go on a killing spree, that means that you are murderer to begin with, and not its not the game that made you do it.

and about my comparsion, please, read one of my earlier posts again.

ofc you dont see people crashing planes into buildings, because people who have planes are usually sane enough not to jump in them and crash them into a building.

people murder themselves because they have motive and means to do this, not because they play video games.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:03:55 pm by Nightmare798 »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 07:59:46 pm »
+8
It is a well known and scientifically acclaimed fact that NOT playing video games makes you a murderer. Over 90% of all murderers in the history of mankind have never played a video game.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 08:03:14 pm »
It is a well known and scientifically acclaimed fact that NOT playing video games makes you a murderer. Over 90% of all murderers in the history of mankind have never played a video game.

you know what is funny?

video games actually REDUCE the will of people to do what is depicted in those games irl.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 08:03:37 pm »
+3
During my research of video games, apparently whatever the current "new" violent media is, is always blamed as the problems ailing society. in 1900 there were books that were considered (M rated games of today) and were blamed for every Ill. Then came Radio, then it was Movies, then TV and now it's Video games. The media always blames the newest social entertainment as bad.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 08:03:44 pm »
if you play a game about murdering and then go out and go on a killing spree, that means that you are murderer to begin with, and not that the game made you do it. Not even answer the amount of stupidity in that one.

and about my comparsion, please, read one of my earlier posts again. You still don't make any sense.

ofc you dont see people crashing planes into buildings, because people who have planes are usually sane enough not to jump in them and crash them into a building. Then why did you even do a comparison of that? People might go kill people because they tought it was cool in a game. That's it. And don't say they were murderers to begin with, they might not even had the idea before to even touch a fly.

people murder themselves because they have motive and means to do this, not because they play video games. Not even sure what this is an answer to.

And no, i do not believe it happens alot. But you are denying that it has ever happened.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2013, 08:12:22 pm »
+1

And no, i do not believe it happens alot. But you are denying that it has ever happened.

you know i played hundreds upon hundreds of games, many that contain extreme ammount of gore and violence.

i never killed anyone.

i never severely wounded anyone.

the worst thing i ever done to anyone was beating them up [and only to the point where he was lying on floor, i am not an asshole to beat someone who cannot fight back.]

i am a living example of the fact, that video games have little no actual impact on your personality.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2013, 08:17:32 pm »
you know i played hundreds upon hundreds of games, many that contain extreme ammount of gore and violence.

i never killed anyone.

i never severely wounded anyone.

the worst thing i ever done to anyone was beating them up [and only to the point where he was lying on floor, i am not an asshole to beat someone who cannot fight back.]

i am a living example of the fact, that video games have little no actual impact on your personality.

Your arguments are just getting thinner and thinner. When the hell did i ever fucking say that every damn person has to go murder anyone after they've played violent games? I think the amount of times this has happened might be, 15? Do you even read anymore?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 08:19:53 pm »
No, he doesn't.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2013, 08:23:42 pm »
+1
How come Bittersteel, nor Xant have replied to my post?