Author Topic: I´m so tired of all of this  (Read 5584 times)

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
Re: I´m so tired of all of this
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 11:05:35 pm »
+2
For me it's usually easier to fight 1v2 or even 1v3, there are a lot of techniques that are mostly unavalaible when 1v1.

Offline YnScN

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: YnScN
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 11:21:57 pm »
+3
For me it's usually easier to fight 1v2 or even 1v3, there are a lot of techniques that are mostly unavalaible when 1v1.

spam?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 12:52:19 am »
Against several melee around you? Now that's imagination.

No. Just click and move the right way and you'll survive with 100% certainty. With projectiles there's not really a "right" and a "wrong" way to do things. You can always be unlucky and get shot no matter what you do.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 04:24:35 am »
No. Just click and move the right way and you'll survive with 100% certainty. With projectiles there's not really a "right" and a "wrong" way to do things. You can always be unlucky and get shot no matter what you do.

That's what your very limited experience tells you. And you can't move the right way with melee if you have no speed, or once they are all around you. It's what happens at the end of the round.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2013, 05:32:17 am »
+3
O Friends, Friends! Cease your argumentation! Arrest your vitriolics! Abandon your discord! For I shall resolve the issue for you forthwith. Ho! And on such a fine day!

Adamar is wrong.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 08:52:36 am »
+1
if you got more than two enemies facing you, try to "crowd dive", run into the group and run around between them, focusing on blocking and only barely attacking, they mostly hit each other then (never kick in a crowd, takes too much time). Yeh, and you also need some luck when you do that  :(

anyways, back to topic
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2013, 09:36:49 am »
That's what your very limited experience tells you. And you can't move the right way with melee if you have no speed, or once they are all around you. It's what happens at the end of the round.

So you are saying to me, that there is some magic dodging sequence as effective as blocking that is discovered after more than 3000 hours of playtime ? Seems legit. Or maybe you are implying I'm a noob at melee ? You are confusing me now.

A good player can fight alone against several enemies in melee simultaneously. Winning isn't even that difficult and if you barely know how to block you can already survive and give them a very hard time.  Against two archers, shieldless infantry gets obliterated in less than five seconds, and shielders die of kiteflu anyway.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2013, 10:04:36 am »
I´m 24 STR 18 AGI high lvl shielder , I can take on 4-5 melee at the same time but 2 archers will kite the living fuck out of me. I'm just as useless when the big archery roflstomp comes over as how useless you are when the melee rolfstomp comes over. ( well maybe not as useless as you , but I'm trying!)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2013, 11:44:55 am »
+4
If 5 guys come to gank you, all it takes is one slightly competent support polearmer in that group and you are completely fucked regardless of how pro you pretend to be on the forum. Unless you have some shitty 9 athlethics build.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2013, 12:28:01 pm »
If 5 guys come to gank you, all it takes is one slightly competent support polearmer in that group and you are completely fucked regardless of how pro you pretend to be on the forum. Unless you have some shitty 9 athlethics build.
It all depends on the situation and who is ganking at me , but I was just making the point that melee fucks over archers in big numbers  but 2 archers can nearly always fuck me over. Or atleast be unkilleable by me. And ye I used to have a shitty 9 ATH 9 Shield build :mrgreen:
EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm a shielder and I can't do shit , so imagen how a 2hander or Polearmer would do in that situation.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2013, 12:50:54 pm »
Nope.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 12:58:31 pm »
+1
It all depends on the situation and who is ganking at me , but I was just making the point that melee fucks over archers in big numbers  but 2 archers can nearly always fuck me over. Or atleast be unkilleable by me. And ye I used to have a shitty 9 ATH 9 Shield build :mrgreen:
EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm a shielder and I can't do shit , so imagen how a 2hander or Polearmer would do in that situation.
Exactly, you can all state how you can fight a gank and win or something, but that really only works if they are all incompetent or you are very lucky. Good luck fighting a gank which contains me as a piker who jumpstabs you in the face from way behind the other gankers whenever you try to do anything but downblock. For every gank where you manage to do well, there are 5 ganks where you just get fucked regardless of your skill. So stop being all snabby at poor Adamar who is right, because you guys are just full of shit.

Same with two archers. Two shit archers are no problem, two good archers are. Hell last time I played I saw Pawiu win a round on his own against 5 archers, one of them being Steevee who was on a 20/1 k/d, as a heavy armour polearmer by getting very lucky and being mad sneaky.

Nope.
You barely play and yet you are full of shit. You are not that good Xant, face it you scrub.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 01:04:22 pm »
Exactly, you can all state how you can fight a gank and win or something, but that really only works if they are all incompetent or you are very lucky. Good luck fighting a gank which contains me as a piker who jumpstabs you in the face from way behind the other gankers whenever you try to do anything but downblock. For every gank where you manage to do well, there are 5 ganks where you just get fucked regardless of your skill. So stop being all snabby at poor Adamar who is right, because you guys are just full of shit.

Same with two archers. Two shit archers are no problem, two good archers are. Hell last time I played I saw Pawiu win a round on his own against 5 archers, one of them being Steevee who was on a 20/1 k/d, as a heavy armour polearmer by getting very lucky and being mad sneaky.
You barely play and yet you are full of shit. You are not that good Xant, face it you scrub.
I state a situation of me beating alot of people in a gank as an example, and you call it lucky. Then you make an example yourself with archers and you say he was lucky to , what is your point? Not to mention mostly the realy good players are KD whores who will teamwound an entire team just to get that one kill on the scoreboard , and it's people like that that enable you to very easily beat ganks because they open there allies up for attacks.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:07:26 pm by george »

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2013, 01:09:48 pm »
I state a situation of me beating alot of people in a gank as an example, and you call it lucky. Then you make an example yourself with archers and you say he was lucky to , what is your point?
That it all depends on getting lucky and which players you face, and that you nor Xant will consistently beat a 5 man gank or lose against 2 archers. It's not like you can't do anything against multiple archers and it's not like you have all the chances in the world to beat a melee gank. That is the distinction that is being made here which I find bullshit.

mostly the realy good players are KD whores who will teamwound an entire team just to get that one kill on the scoreboard
Guess you and I have a different definition of really good players.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2013, 01:17:38 pm »
That it all depends on getting lucky and which players you face, and that you nor Xant will consistently beat a 5 man gank or lose against 2 archers. It's not like you can't do anything against multiple archers and it's not like you have all the chances in the world to beat a melee gank. That is the distinction that is being made here which I find bullshit.
Guess you and I have a different definition of really good players.
By saying I would rather fight 5 players in a melee gank rather then 2 archers kiting me , I was just trying to make the point that archers can steamroll over melee just as hard as melee can steamroll over the ranged. Also I ment to do ''realy good players'' but I forgot to do it like that, by realy good players I mean the players at the top of the scoreboard constantly hungering for kills and to jerk off to there KD.

Play the game. There's not much you can do when the rolfstomp melee train comes down on you. There's no way you can 'take couver' or 'dodge' out of that situation, skill is completely denied.
I was just trying to make the point that this works the other way aswel, and to do so I made examples and set the amount of melee higher than the amount of ranged fighting me simple to state archers are harder to deal with.