Author Topic: Balancing Strength  (Read 5636 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Balancing Strength
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2013, 05:21:28 am »
We are all happy you are back Tydeus :)

There are some urgent issues with the 1h stab..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2013, 05:24:25 am »
+1
Yes, call the Ghostbusters, 1h stab is actually *gasp* useful now. This cannot stand!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2013, 05:53:05 am »
Currently testing various 1hers, particularly gauging thrusts. I have yet to be convinced anything major needs done. I've stolen several 1hers from the Nordmen armory but I still, personally, find their NCS to be the best with my 15/24 1h/throwing hybrid. Well, my Niuweidao, then their NCS.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2013, 07:01:03 am »
+2
Reverting the 1h stab damage buffs before the animation change is mostly just -1 pierce (not a big deal) and puts the weapons at more of a 1:1 damage tradeoff with the italian sword, the most "balanced" 1h. Side Sword had -1 pierce, -1 cut, and +1 speed before, not sure if that's better or worse than what we have now. Scottish got heavily buffed, but it only needs a small readjustment to put it in line with the other shortswords.

I still think 1h stab is easy to facehug, and the buff to 1h right swing allows other 1hs to compete at a distance. Left swing + facehugging already lets them compete up close. I can't say how badly skeying 2hers and polearmers have it, but 1h vs 1h non-stab, stabbing isn't that difficult to deal with.

Daggers also need a usable without shield tag or the same penalty 2h has with shield IMO. Then buff a lot of the non-rondel daggers.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2013, 03:04:13 pm »
Reverting the 1h stab damage buffs before the animation change is mostly just -1 pierce (not a big deal) and puts the weapons at more of a 1:1 damage tradeoff with the italian sword, the most "balanced" 1h. Side Sword had -1 pierce, -1 cut, and +1 speed before, not sure if that's better or worse than what we have now. Scottish got heavily buffed, but it only needs a small readjustment to put it in line with the other shortswords.

Agreed, the animation is right where it should be; functional but still has limitations (it's still extremely difficult to stab someone that's hugging your right arm).

It's the weapon stats that are off; the stabby 1h weapons got buffed to compensate for the thrust animation being terrible, but now that the animation is good, the thrust stats should be brought back to earth. Side sword especially needs to have its stats adjusted slightly. San is right, every 1h sword should be compared against the Italian in terms of balance, and Side Sword gains too much (+5 pierce at Masterwork) for giving up too little (1 cut and 3cm reach).

I bet most of you people complaining about the 1h thrust were the same people complaining "combat is too slow"; well, Tydeus effectively sped up the slow 1h/pole animations to be as fast as their 2h counterparts, and now combat is faster-paced. The new 1h thrust was a "surprise attack" for a couple weeks after the patch, but now the good players have adjusted and it seems like 1h/pole/2h animations are more balanced than they've ever been.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2013, 05:00:46 pm »
+2
Indeed, I too like where the Italian sword is. Unfortunately, I think it's time we start duplicating item stats.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2013, 05:05:42 pm »
+3
Indeed, I too like where the Italian sword is. Unfortunately, I think it's time we start duplicating item stats.

Or allow non-integer damage values. I don't think anyone would complain if weapons like the Arming Sword, Long Arming Sword, Arabian Arming Sword, etc were given useful stats, even if they duplicated the stats of other weapons. I like seeing a variety of weapon models on the battlefield.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:06:07 pm by Phew »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2013, 06:17:51 pm »
+1
I think 1h thrust was underpowered before the new sweetspots, now it's a bit overpowered. I'd say, something in between would be the best. Awlpike and 2h thrusts should be a little bit tweaked too.

Strength versus agility? It's fine at the moment.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2013, 07:59:55 pm »
+1
I think 1h thrust was underpowered before the new sweetspots, now it's a bit overpowered. I'd say, something in between would be the best. Awlpike and 2h thrusts should be a little bit tweaked too.

Strength versus agility? It's fine at the moment.

I think 1h thrust is where it needs to be right now for the most part but that a few of the weapons (the shorter, faster stabbier ones) need to be looked at a bit.
also is still better than agi. i want my wpf rework.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2013, 12:56:13 am »
Nerf rondel and espada. Done.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2013, 01:02:32 am »
+1
Espada doesn't need a nerf. People are just way too used to an underpowered 1h stab. Nothing wrong with it.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2013, 09:51:16 pm »
Currently testing various 1hers, particularly gauging thrusts. I have yet to be convinced anything major needs done. I've stolen several 1hers from the Nordmen armory but I still, personally, find their NCS to be the best with my 15/24 1h/throwing hybrid. Well, my Niuweidao, then their NCS.
So you're this bigoli who's currently molesting my beautiful 1handed swords!

EDIT: Happy now tydaus?
Let's see if he notices.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:36:25 am by Jarlek »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:39 pm »
+2
So you're this bisoli who's currently molesting my beautiful 1handed swords!
Bigoli! Get your pasta right, son.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2013, 02:32:49 am »
Bigoli! Get your pasta right, son.
Whoopsy daisy.

That's what I get for typing names from memory :)

Be gentle with my babies though.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia