Author Topic: The Crusaders of Acre under King James [RECRUITING NA/EU/AUS]  (Read 46871 times)

Offline MeatBunny

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MeatBunny, Penis_Toucher, Thong_Bow, Conan_The_Librarian,
Re: The Crusaders of Acre under King James [RECRUITING NA]
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2014, 10:56:57 pm »
The question is Crusaders of Acre, do you want to JOIN me? 8-)
"In case of doubt, attack."
-George S. Patton

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2014, 06:00:27 pm »
+3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2014, 07:22:33 pm »
+4
A Return to a Desolate Land, an Era of Training, and the Capture of New Karindi

Since leaving Calradia the crusaders had had much time to hone their skills. On the ships crossing the narrow sea those who weren't sick from the sea made use of the ample time to practice swordplay, melee fighting, or a variety of other useful skills like whittling or fishing. Upon arrival across the sea the crusaders were taken aback by the strange sights they saw. There were Barbarian horselords leading hordes the likes of which the crusaders had never seen. They learned quickly that this was a harsh and barbaric land, something that would drive the Crusaders even harder to return to their homeland.  The leadership was however able to find several very competent fighters in the surrounding lands that were eager to fight in the name of chadz. It seemed the land across the sea was a mainly godless one.

Time passed and many of the men grew weary as the trip home was delayed. Some of the men were growing to fear that they would never be given the chance to return, but one day the first Acre scouting sloop returned bearing news of the clearing in Calradia. The mood in the camp immediately changed from a mixture of anxiety and confinement to one of pure zealous joy. The eyes of the Crusaders burned with desire to recapture the lands bravely held by good King Reinhardt. The entirety of the camp was then dismantled and loaded onto the ships. The journey home would take the crusaders near a month of sailing, a prospect that some of the less sea worthy Crusaders were not eagerly awaiting.

The journey back saw the men again forced into confined spaces with nothing to do but train. James had noted that many of the men had drastically improved their close quarters fighting while forced to train either on the deck of the ships or below deck. Upon arriving on the north eastern shores of Calradia the faction set course for New Karindi the first of their ancestors fiefs that they would retake.

New Karindi had since been inhabited by a group of natives. The natives fought fiercely and put up much more of a fight than James had initially expected. However eventually the Crusaders willed themselves through the natives and captured the town. That night a great feast was held in the center of the town and a celebration was had in memory of all those who came before the Crusaders standing today.

As the festivities raged and several of the Crusaders descended into inebriation James couldn't help but think that it felt good to be home. He stepped inside his quarters and prayed so as to thank the gods for the good fortune that had so far blessed his men. The Crusade ahead of them would be a long one but James had faith that the Gods would see his faction through.

(click to show/hide)

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2014, 12:47:04 pm »
+4
oh mn I wish frisia waz as good rolepaly as u guys fuk frisia man

Offline Dean_Ambrose

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Make love, not babies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Dean_of_Acre
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2014, 09:35:01 am »
+3
I pledge myself to your cause. Long live the king!

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2014, 04:12:58 pm »
+1
I'm gon for 2 days and you guys capture like 3 viallages........jeeze :mrgreen:

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2014, 03:18:32 am »
+3
I'm gon for 2 days and you guys capture like 3 viallages........jeeze :mrgreen:
i wish friza cud do dis except we're going to afk in a village all of strat

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2014, 08:49:19 am »
Appropriate touching is ok, mmmkay.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2014, 05:51:57 am »
Bump for post :mrgreen:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Fanlaen

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2014, 08:58:10 pm »
+1
What's with Acre becoming so popular? It seems like every new player or regular players wants to join Acre. I can say I do have an alt in the clan so I can bannerstack when the Knights of Saint Peter are not on. I was on last night and one team was full of Acre, some were new but mostly older members. I think y'all guys are great. Dang, last bannerstack with the hoplites was last year and there was like seven of us on siege.

Well in all my time of playing, they're the only clan that's approached me and asked me if I wanted to join.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2014, 09:11:56 pm »
VI. All members must be 18 years old or older.
lol

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2014, 04:09:11 am »
+2

VI. All members must be 18 years old or older. Exemptions are made for existing members under the age requirement and for players showing maturity.
(Note: Alternate characters are not permitted to wear the tags.)

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2014, 01:53:11 am »
+2
Wrote this up in class today, though I might post it here and see what you guys think of it. (If you saw it on Groupme I edited and extended it.)

The night air was cold when Felix woke up, unusually so. He was used to it being cold, living in the tundra your whole life can have that effect, but the tension the Acre siege camp made it feel much colder. It was finally happening, they are at long last taking the next step toward the reconquering of the lands their ancestors so proudly held and lost to the horde of barbarians so long ago.
  The first step had been taken only weeks ago, but was completed with swiftness. The three villages, New Slezkh, New Karindi, and Nova Tismir, were taken back, along with New Bhulaban and New Dirigh Aban via alternate means, with low casualties. Felix was only able to participate in the siege of New Karindi, but was informed of the other sieges. The lords of these villages were Marshal Reinhardt,New Slezkh, Lord Axeman,Nova Tismir,  Lord Blue, New Karindi,  King Harx of the Scottish Rebels, New Bhulaban, Lord myxbow of the Scottish Rebels, New Dirigh Aban. And until we can retake the fortified town of Curaw, the old captiol, Nova Slezkh Castle will be King James's.
  Unable to go to sleep, Felix rose out of his cot and put on his armor, helmet, and picked up his heavy round shield and holstered his military cleaver. Then he left his tent to go relieve Hoodeh at the King's tent. As he walked he inspected the tents, each housing two soldiers and their full equipment. As he was passing through the noble's quarter of the camp, someone called his name and he turned around to see who it was.
"Ah, hello Reinhardt. Are you the one volunteering tonight?" Felix said as he bowed his head respectfully.
"Sure am." Reinhardt said, evidently proud.
"Very well."
"Why so formal Felix? You do remember we're friends, right? So no need to be so official with me."He said chuckling, remembering that this isn't the first time he's said this.
Felix laughed,"Yeah I know. Just a habit."
"Anyway, what brings this way?" He asked, still smiling.
"Couldn't sleep. Thought I might as well go and relieve Hoodeh or Hagleigh at James's tent."
"Yeah I thought so, after all, what else is there that you might be doing this way."
  They walked in silence until they reaced the King's tent where they found Hoodeh and Hagleigh.
"Finally," Hoodeh said", I thought you guys would never show up!"
"Yeah we were almost getting worried." said Hagleigh.
"Sorry about that." Reinhardt said, "But we're here now and you boys can go get some sleep."
"Right. We'll be off then. Night to you both."
"Good night, and sleep well." Felix said.
  After they had left, Felix sat of the stool that was positioned to the left of the entrance and Reinhardt sat on the one to the right. And until they were relieved they talked about the upcoming siege in hushed tones as not to wake the King.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:41:23 am by smals98 »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2014, 07:15:45 am »
+3
Someone giv pic of Smals98 plz, I will be bored this weekend and want to MSN paint his character because reasons... Reasons purely whimsical.

(click to show/hide)
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2014, 07:37:12 am »
+2
I'll PM you some Screenies and you can chose one out of those. :mrgreen: