Author Topic: did you call off the war?  (Read 7839 times)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: did you call off the war?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 05:43:01 pm »
+3
Everyone at this point has plate and great mauls. They had the same equipment when we stormed the walls. So I do not know why that wpuld be a deterant, the only city I have seen that I do not think can be captured is chaos owned. Everything else may be difficult but def possible and some are not that hard at all. If everything was simple it would cease being fun.
Leader of BS

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 06:06:19 pm »
^Is either forgetting or never fought over Rindyar Castle...that's one castle I wouldn't waste my time with. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 06:19:44 pm »
+2
^Is either forgetting or never fought over Rindyar Castle...that's one castle I wouldn't waste my time with.

He did say City... not Castle :D I would also like to mention we launched a lot of attacks on Dhirim before we gave up. I agree that attacking over and over can get stale (been there done that) but just as daru gives no shits about how  we want him to attack us... we also give no shits about him wanting us to fight him "fairly in the open field". If you guys want to be on the defensive then why did you launch a campaign against our lands? Plus.. why would we give a shit about our old villages? didn't you guys just reset the PP in all of them anyways? sounds like useless land to me.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 06:22:21 pm »
He did say City... not Castle :D I would also like to mention we launched a lot of attacks on Dhirim before we gave up. I agree that attacking over and over can get stale (been there done that) but just as daru gives no shits about how  we want him to attack us... we also give no shits about him wanting us to fight him "fairly in the open field". If you guys want to be on the defensive then why did you launch a campaign against our lands? Plus.. why would we give a shit about our old villages? didn't you guys just reset the PP in all of them anyways? sounds like useless land to me.

In ayyike I didn't reset anything, I only loomed flamberges with the existing points.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2013, 06:26:08 pm »
+2
In ayyike I didn't reset anything, I only loomed flamberges with the existing points.

Sending someone over to take it off your hands, 1 sec.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2013, 06:27:34 pm »

Matey, THE REALM OF THE GOBBLIN KING has no interest in fighting FCC in the field right now. Get your facts straight  :wink:

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2013, 06:29:41 pm »
+1

It was pretty bad.  So far uphill that catapult shots are hard to make, only like 3 places that siege ladders will reach.  You're welcome Sandy.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2013, 06:32:16 pm »
It was pretty bad.  So far uphill that catapult shots are hard to make, only like 3 places that siege ladders will reach.  You're welcome Sandy.

Let it be noted that the only people who really fought over Rindyar were Occitan... And they did one attack and quit.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 06:34:27 pm »
+2

Edit: but really Keshian do you expect me to come home after 12 hours out of my house, get a bite to eat, sit down at my PC and give a single fuck about some presumably greasy nerd hundreds of miles away talking about how his group of nerds is more brave at internet video games? Answer me that question before you go writing three more paragraphs. Protip: people don't give a fuck, and they're even less inclined to give a fuck when it's your empathy-less nerd ass repeatedly shitposting in their direction.

To summarize... "I am not having fun fighting FCC"
The solution: Fight someone who it is fun to fight.
Added Bonus: With a few less enemies FCC could afford to expend more troops with riskier endeavours!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 06:37:28 pm »
Let it be noted that the only people who really fought over Rindyar were Occitan... And they did one attack and quit.

I was on the attacking side, not following up the first attack was one of the wisest moves this strat.  And I've been in some pretty terrible castle assaults.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2013, 06:53:12 pm »
+2
Too bad villages are apparently useless and are not worth the effort of recapture.

So much for the mod.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2013, 07:23:54 pm »
My idea to improve that, would be that you need "food" to support troops/population of a fief.  You can also assign food from one fief, to be designated for another.  That way villages would actually be extremely important, and you could essentially besiege castles/cities and force the people to come out (like in reality). 

Also still not sure if Aldo was being serious or not (probably semi-serious at least) with your quote.  Since he's always been my favorite couching target, I'll assume he loves me as well and was only jesting.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2013, 07:26:19 pm »
+1
Too bad villages are apparently useless and are not worth the effort of recapture.

So much for the mod.

well.. villages get 1PP a day, so it takes awhile to get them decent. if you respec the PP you lose 50% of total pp but can reallocate the remaining 50%. If you run around capping enemy villages and respeccing them you can easily turn them into completely useless fiefs. Also, since castles and towns get way more PP per day you can just build those up to be amazing in terms of gear production and trade value. Since this strat has been going on for so damn long... we can easily thrive with only our castles and towns. According to the Market Size pie graph.. we are apparently the biggest market even without any villages... though I don't know how it measures market size. http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusfieflist

p.s.

Also still not sure if Aldo was being serious or not (probably semi-serious at least) with your quote.  Since he's always been my favorite couching target, I'll assume he loves me as well and was only jesting.
Pretty sure he is 100% serious. Ban horses.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2013, 07:27:56 pm »
+1
well.. villages get 1PP a day, so it takes awhile to get them decent. if you respec the PP you lose 50% of total pp but can reallocate the remaining 50%. If you run around capping enemy villages and respeccing them you can easily turn them into completely useless fiefs. Also, since castles and towns get way more PP per day you can just build those up to be amazing in terms of gear production and trade value. Since this strat has been going on for so damn long... we can easily thrive with only our castles and towns. According to the Market Size pie graph.. we are apparently the biggest market even without any villages... though I don't know how it measures market size. http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusfieflist

Market is your S/D inside all fiefs.

At this point, any castle/city that isn't self sufficient is mismanaged.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2013, 07:27:59 pm »
Pretty sure market category is just the current S&D a fief has. 

And I'm going to choose to believe Aldo loves me, even if the evidence points in the other direction.  It's really hard to leech on foot, I usually end up staying alive anywhere from 70-100% of the round timer (which is a bad way to leech).  At least on cavalry if I am playing another game at the same time I can just make a reckless charge into the enemy and die pretty early on (and still sometimes help our team win, or even get valor even if I die before 50% of the round is over).

That's really the only reason I've stayed on a horse for so long  :oops:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:31:00 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy