Author Topic: Fire arrows  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
Fire arrows
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:51:56 pm »
+19
At first of all they could be usefull only for strat siege and maybe some open field battles.

You need to have new kind of arrows with 1 cut dmg. Additional dmg from fire will be only to siege equipment. The only exception to this should be siege towers (they were made of wood, but covered with fresh animal skins, that are very hard to burn).

How can I see using fire arrows?
Next thing you have to do is build a "Source of fire" (to make it you should have a cs and about 5 or 10 cm). It can looks like a barrel with flames in it. To fire up an arrow you have to go to source of fire and press F for about 1 sec. Now you have a burning arrow ready to shoot.

One more thing: if it will be implemented into game, non burning arrows should do no dmg to siege stuff.
If not dmg from arrows and bolts should be reduced to about half of present one against siege stuff.

Archers can't be too OP XD

Happy whining :mrgreen:
Archer forever :D

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Fire arrows
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:49:25 pm »
+2
Next thing you have to do is build a "Source of fire" (to make it you should have a cs and about 5 or 10 cm). It can looks like a barrel with flames in it. To fire up an arrow you have to go to source of fire and press F for about 1 sec. Now you have a burning arrow ready to shoot.
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=equipshop&cat=onehanded#!?page=itemdetail&id=551

Other than that, +1.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 06:52:03 pm »
+1
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=equipshop&cat=onehanded#!?page=itemdetail&id=551

Other than that, +1.
There should be the fire place and the torch as a necessary element, Thus armies would buy a lot  of it.

And this is great Idea. +1 Steevee
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 06:53:40 pm »
+1
Will burning arrows burn ppl aswell? thatd be cool

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »
There should be the fire place and the torch as a necessary element, Thus armies would buy a lot  of it.

And this is great Idea. +1 Steevee
You build the fire place, but you have to light it with the torch? That's also pretty cool.

I just want more uses for torches :)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 06:59:03 pm »
At first of all they could be usefull only for strat siege and maybe some open field battles.

You need to have new kind of arrows with 1 cut dmg. Additional dmg from fire will be only to siege equipment. The only exception to this should be siege towers (they were made of wood, but covered with fresh animal skins, that are very hard to burn).

One more thing: if it will be implemented into game, non burning arrows should do no dmg to siege stuff.
If not dmg from arrows and bolts should be reduced to about half of present one against siege stuff.

Archers can't be too OP XD

Happy whining :mrgreen:

Good idea, +1

Also buff archers  :mrgreen:

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 07:17:06 pm »
+2

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 07:20:57 pm »
Fire arrows would be cool if arrows/projectiles were nerfed against siege equipment.

Also I don't think people should be lit on fire indefinitely if they are hit by a fire arrow.  Lots of us are using equipment that is not flammable.  I could see maybe a slight damage over time until the arrow burned up, but even that I think would be detrimental.  I think they should only be useful against siege gear (including ladders and bonus against shields).  You'd also need to implement something like barrels of water that people could use to douse siege equip that is on fire.

Also there's a suggestion section of the forums, use it.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 07:33:14 pm »
+1
Fire arrows would be cool if arrows/projectiles were nerfed against siege equipment.

Also I don't think people should be lit on fire indefinitely if they are hit by a fire arrow.  Lots of us are using equipment that is not flammable.  I could see maybe a slight damage over time until the arrow burned up, but even that I think would be detrimental.  I think they should only be useful against siege gear (including ladders and bonus against shields).  You'd also need to implement something like barrels of water that people could use to douse siege equip that is on fire.

Also there's a suggestion section of the forums, use it.
Me in every upcoming strat battle:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:37:03 pm by Jarlek »

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 07:33:49 pm »
+1
Fire arrows should deal more damages against clothes armor (10/15 body armor) and siege equipment, no need to do more.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 08:01:03 pm »
IMO there is no reason of existing dmg over time from fire, it should be fixed and added after hit.

About dealing dmg to players: It should deal dmg only to players with low body armor (it could be representative for dividing armors from leader and mail/plate).
High body armor guys

I like idea with a torch.

Looming of fire arrows should increase amount of them in a quiver and also dmg from fire (becouse uf using better kind of flammable thing or ability to putting more of it into single arrow)

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 08:07:13 pm »
Yep, would certainly add a whole new idea of being an archer in strat battles! It'd be great to actually be able to help destroy the siege equipment without having to try and cover your allies as they sally out.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:38 pm »
Yep, would certainly add a whole new idea of being an archer in strat battles! It'd be great to actually be able to help destroy the siege equipment without having to try and cover your allies as they sally out.

That's what I would like to do in strat and just imagine how epic it can looks like when about 10 archers make a long shot in same time at enemies  8-)

Also fire arrows could deal more dmg to shields. Shielders could have a really nice screenshots while have a shield up with few burning arrows in it ^^

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 09:40:38 pm »
+2
That's what I would like to do in strat and just imagine how epic it can looks like when about 10 archers make a long shot in same time at enemies  8-)

Also fire arrows could deal more dmg to shields. Shielders could have a really nice screenshots while have a shield up with few burning arrows in it ^^

Not so sure on the whole "does more damage to shields" thing since that would be a little balance breaking, I mean, realistically they would probably do more damage but if archers destroy the shields of enemies that much easier, it'd cause uproar.

Siege equipment is different since it's something that is specific to strategus, more specifically again, to siege defence.

A volley of fire arrows would look pretty cool though.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 11:29:47 pm »
Doing extra damage to shields is irrelevant since it's so easy to just shoot around them.