Author Topic: Buff +1 and +2 Items  (Read 952 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Buff +1 and +2 Items
« on: September 17, 2013, 01:53:57 am »
+14
What would happen if we front loaded the gains from looms? I think its the wrong way around how it is now. Should be the main bonus from +1, then a bit more from +2 and finally a tiny gain with +3. As it is now it only serves to buff guys that are already very experienced at the game, and nerf guys that are new and trying to get better. We should make the game more welcoming to new guys and take out some of the artificial buffs that make the game easier for guys simply because they played longer

The economy would change a bit and loom points would become less valuable but it would be worth it for making the game less about gear/build crutching and more about how you play
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Buff +1 and +2 Items
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:47:04 am »
+9
I would even prefer it if you could only loom an item once but have to choose a benefit.
For example heirloom a Heavy Lance, you could go for extra damage or extra speed. That would create even more different items.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 11:10:39 am »
I would even prefer it if you could only loom an item once but have to choose a benefit.
For example heirloom a Heavy Lance, you could go for extra damage or extra speed. That would create even more different items.
Certain weapons could get realy strong because of that , for an example katana with 44 cut damage. Great maul with 85 speed.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 11:43:04 am »
+1
+1

Also, make looms less powerful across the board.

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:07:45 pm »
What would happen if we front loaded the gains from looms? I think its the wrong way around how it is now. Should be the main bonus from +1, then a bit more from +2 and finally a tiny gain with +3. As it is now it only serves to buff guys that are already very experienced at the game, and nerf guys that are new and trying to get better. We should make the game more welcoming to new guys and take out some of the artificial buffs that make the game easier for guys simply because they played longer

The economy would change a bit and loom points would become less valuable but it would be worth it for making the game less about gear/build crutching and more about how you play

If you did that you might as well just remove looms and make the starting stats slightly better.

Too many people have too many +3 items as it is. They could then have triple the amount of loomed items. This would make looms drop in price rapidly, and everyone would have them.

As an extreme example Erzengel claims to have 29 +3 items in his "shop" and 6 looms. That would mean he had the potential for 93 +1 items. Which would be enough for him to have 18 characters with +1 complete armor set and a +1 weapon.

It would also affect strat, the PP system is designed on increasing the cost to go from -2 to +3 exponentially. People would just stop at +1 and you could have a village which could outfit an army.

As someone who plays without looms, I find my current advantage that I can use any weapon/class (some days I do better with different weapons). If +1 gave the biggest/most effective improvement everyone would be able to switch between weapons and I would join the league of loomers. Hence my point "you might as well just remove looms".

IMO A better system would be one where a loom improves 1 stat at the cost reducing of 1 or 2 others. For example if you chose to increase speed it would increase by +3 but damage would decrease by -2 pierce. Make it so you can loom an item as many times as you like but each time the reduction gets slightly greater, so you can't just loom each stat.

This would reduce the number of looms available, make weapons more personalised and increase the diversity of the market place.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:29:59 pm by Vermilion »

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 12:48:57 pm »
+1
Heavy glance sucks compared to normal lance. Somebody should do something about it imho.

Also looming item in order to reduce the upkeep could be a good thing.

Skyrim UI

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 01:02:19 pm »
Also looming item in order to reduce the upkeep could be a good thing.

This I forgot to mention. On the other hand this would make rich persons even richer and richer and richer...

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 01:12:12 pm »
This I forgot to mention. On the other hand this would make rich persons even richer and richer and richer...
Depends on how strong this upkeep-decreasing would be.

Skyrim UI

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 03:05:20 pm »
just increase upkeep with every loom-level

also maybe make people pay some gold to loom an item, like 25k for +1, 50k for +2 and 100k for +3

that way people would not instantly loom items themselves, but rather try to get items from the market
overall loom items amount would not increase that rapidly and the prices wouldnt drop quickly
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 03:53:58 pm »
I guess the effect would be that players in stead of having one +3 piece of equipment might have three +1 pieces.

Guess that would mean that fewer players have all their loomed equipment ruined from changes or nerfs, so +1.
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 06:28:57 pm »
+2
Totally agree.

The higher the loom, the worse the bonus (but still a bonus). +3 items would remain the same they are now, it's just +1/+2 that would be better, making it more fair to new people.

Example (with longsword):
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 06:34:58 pm »
We could also just remove looms, upkeep, gold, and grinding.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 06:36:14 pm »
@Vermillion - Who cares if someone has 90 or more +1 looms.  They can only use 5-9 of them at once and after that is is just about extra choices.

+1 to the OP.  XP gain is less significant at higher levels so why not loom gains as well

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 06:40:50 pm »
having the different loom levels elevate different stats,  with the higher levels expressing the commonly as "most usefull" known stats was kinda nice,  like back in the days when horses had the "heavy" tag at level one,  giving them more hp, armor and charge,  but loosing those characteristics for speed or maneuverability later on.

Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 07:07:02 pm »
+2
The problem lies in how weapon stats are presented in this game; damage values are all integers, and speed is also all integers but has a small range (most weapons are between 90-100 speed).

If damage values were allowed to be non-integer, and the speed stat was reset to something more meaningful (i.e. attacks per minute for a character with 100 wpf, for instance), then it opens the door for more balanced heirloom upgrades, both between different levels and different items.

If the above was implemented, then each heirloom level could be +3% damage and +1% speed, for instance. This would also fix the fact that certain weapons get better heirloom stats than others (i.e. Knightly Arming Sword gets +3 cut +2 pierce and +1 speed, but the nearly-identical Spathion gets +3 cut +3 pierce and +1 speed).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:55:49 pm by Phew »