Author Topic: Let's Play Diablo II - LADDER WAS RESET NOV 26th JOIN NOW!!  (Read 5163 times)

Offline Ncromancien

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 9
  • The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Ncromancien / Barabe_Yuno_Mononoke
  • IRC nick: Ncromancien
Re: Let's Play Diablo II (No, I didn't forget a third I)
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2013, 08:41:43 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

looool
"Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die? ...Knowing that none of it will have meant anything once they do? But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2013, 11:58:38 am »
+2
Back in the day I was really disappointed over Diablo II compared to Diablo I, but last year, and despite disliking grinding games a lot in general, I had some great sessions with a few friends using Gameranger, playing my first Skellymancer with corpse explosion, one of the most fun builds I've ever played in any crpg or diablo clone. Nothing beats commanding an army of ultra-pumped skeleton warriors on speed and killing enemies with gore and bone fragments of their dead friends whose cadaver gasses you've just ignited.

nice, I felt the same when DII came out. Did you ever played Back to Hellfire? It's basically a Diablo 1 mod for Diablo 2. Played it a lot about 5 years ago it is very much fun single player or with friends.

edit: oh well, I just saw that it seems to be difficult to get running in Win 7...

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2013, 08:54:57 am »
Ladder reset is estimated for around November 14th. Blizzard has been resetting it at just about 6 months for a while now. I'll bump the thread again and update the OP when the new season starts.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2013, 03:32:21 am »
I'll jump in and play when it resets! Will probably play an amazon or maybe a sorceress or barbarian.  :mrgreen:

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 07:41:39 pm »
What's the latest patch version playable on Battlenet ? And can you use that high resolution mod with official game ?
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 08:43:55 pm »
+5

I like this picture. While the men are dying, the ladies hide behind a pillar, and the gaylord is strutting around in his shiny armor, totally unconcerned.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2013, 01:21:14 am »
+4
I like this picture. While the men are dying, the ladies hide behind a pillar, and the gaylord is strutting around in his shiny armor, totally unconcerned.

Barbarian died because he was noob. Necro lost all his skeletons to Diablo's AoE spells. Sorc is out of mana and zon is out of javelins. Paladin has maxed Fist of the Heavens and is about to 1 shot Diablo. Thas why he struttin, yo

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Ncromancien

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 9
  • The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Ncromancien / Barabe_Yuno_Mononoke
  • IRC nick: Ncromancien
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 06:41:00 pm »
+1
Anyone know a precise date for the reset of the ladder ?
"Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die? ...Knowing that none of it will have meant anything once they do? But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2013, 11:39:14 pm »
+1
Ladder was reset the 26th of November.

I started up a skeleton necro this week, come join me! Account is WITCHCRAFT on USEast ladder.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2013, 11:51:45 pm »
do tell more

(uh, need to pay 50$ for alpha access)
Early backer with full access here. Loving it. I think it's even going to be better than Titan Quest. Just Act 1 is already easy 15 hours gameplay... I fully recommend it.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Diablo II - LADDER WAS RESET NOV 26th JOIN NOW!!
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2013, 11:48:18 am »
+2
Stay a while and listen.

Barbarian died because he was noob. Necro lost all his skeletons to Diablo's AoE spells. Sorc is out of mana and zon is out of javelins. Paladin has maxed Fist of the Heavens and is about to 1 shot Diablo. Thas why he struttin, yo

About to 1-shot diablo, along with everything else.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:08:58 pm by TheDashingRogue »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2013, 05:19:40 am »
+2
Nice new avatar  :D

Play D2 with me, CRPG havers! My necro is up to the high 70s and can help you along all the way to the end of hell.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2013, 05:17:18 pm »
I think I had a bone necro up to the part right before Diablo on the highest difficulty and I just kind of gave up because my strongest spell would take off like a 7th of a regular enemies health.

Towards the end of my stint my favorite thing to do was take my lvl 16ish assassin into games of parties with similar levels and going hostile and hunting for them.

I stopped playing when I made a hardcore assassin and I was level 12 or something and a paladin comes in and convinces me to duel, he says we're low level and it's exciting, blah blah blah. Then he one shots me and has a macro for some huge wall of text and I pretty much haven't played the game since.
And how!

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2013, 07:31:44 am »
I think I had a bone necro up to the part right before Diablo on the highest difficulty and I just kind of gave up because my strongest spell would take off like a 7th of a regular enemies health.

Towards the end of my stint my favorite thing to do was take my lvl 16ish assassin into games of parties with similar levels and going hostile and hunting for them.

I stopped playing when I made a hardcore assassin and I was level 12 or something and a paladin comes in and convinces me to duel, he says we're low level and it's exciting, blah blah blah. Then he one shots me and has a macro for some huge wall of text and I pretty much haven't played the game since.

Don't blame the player blame the game.  8-)

Offline Yazid

• tEh eNl1gTh3N3d!1!!
  • Baron
  • Renown: 99
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2013, 07:35:51 am »
+2
Witchcraft, I used to work at a hindu convenience store, and the owner pronounced your name 'wizcrack'