Author Topic: Rondel Dagger OP  (Read 6867 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Rondel Dagger OP
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 06:41:31 pm »
+6
16-6 seems like a reasonable score for any weapon..? what's the big issue

2-3 shot heavy armour with few to no ps with a weapon costing a massive 598 denars.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 06:47:30 pm »
+2
Disregard how terrible it may seem, I've had quite some fun playing lately with those assassins running around crazy, gave me an extra need to keep watching my back, extra awareness, and randomizes a lot the outcome of a battle.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 06:49:22 pm »
+2
In EU1 right now there are 60 people, only one of them has this agi build using Rondel dagger. He has a 4-4 KD. How dreadful this plague is!

I agree they can be pretty annoying, but I really can't see that it is so much of a problem, sorry.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 06:52:52 pm by zottlmarsch »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 07:23:00 pm »
+2
Disregard how terrible it may seem, I've had quite some fun playing lately with those assassins running around crazy, gave me an extra need to keep watching my back, extra awareness, and randomizes a lot the outcome of a battle.

apsodlutely
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 07:23:31 pm »
""""I have the looms, if i want them to nerf Rondel i guess the best way to ensure that happens is to loom one and brag on forums about how good it is. Guaranteed nerf. Far more effective than these '___ is OP' threads that people often ignore or get defensive on. So that's my aim, anyone who wants rondel to be nerfed i propose you go and spend your looms on getting +3 rondels, make a skip the fun 3/36 build and brag all over forums about how well you do and how the community are just 'mad cos bad' if they propose a nerf. We'll have this sucker doing 18 pierce by October!""""

Prob is when everybody is arguing like this. we have only trolls with daggers left. no more Knights. or samurais . or vikings. or durhzina. So maybe it would better to make a own mod. because i don´t like the jerk off child community what get happy when they can kill you. And you played like 2 years to get plate armour and make yourself knightly. Same with archers now every little retard can make now the same damage for bows. (like somebody who loomed his hole kit) don´t need to loom one. That people are getting angry should be naturally. but some people are really children with those things. And in TS we also have only children. but i worked hard for get all the looms. and they just think oh yeah fuck you simon. what not ok. on a scale like -200000 not ok.

When crpg dies it is only because of small little children what take over.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 07:38:00 pm »
""""I have the looms, if i want them to nerf Rondel i guess the best way to ensure that happens is to loom one and brag on forums about how good it is. Guaranteed nerf. Far more effective than these '___ is OP' threads that people often ignore or get defensive on. So that's my aim, anyone who wants rondel to be nerfed i propose you go and spend your looms on getting +3 rondels, make a skip the fun 3/36 build and brag all over forums about how well you do and how the community are just 'mad cos bad' if they propose a nerf. We'll have this sucker doing 18 pierce by October!""""

Prob is when everybody is arguing like this. we have only trolls with daggers left. no more Knights. or samurais . or vikings. or durhzina. So maybe it would better to make a own mod. because i don´t like the jerk off child community what get happy when they can kill you. And you played like 2 years to get plate armour and make yourself knightly. Same with archers now every little retard can make now the same damage for bows. (like somebody who loomed his hole kit) don´t need to loom one. That people are getting angry should be naturally. but some people are really children with those things. And in TS we also have only children. but i worked hard for get all the looms. and they just think oh yeah fuck you simon. what not ok. on a scale like -200000 not ok.

When crpg dies it is only because of small little children what take over.

Dude chill.  You talking like us that play that class are doing it only to annoy others, not for our own pleasure.  I also have like 3-4 full knight sets, all +3 but it's boring as fuck playing same class for over 3 years (like you have afaik??).  Try these builds and lighten up, you just seem to be in a rage mode talking about kids all the time.  You're supposed to be like 28?  Of course it's a good feeling when someone with a small dagger can kill a plated knight on horseback, but as a matter of fact, doesn't make them a kid. I'm 29 and it's fun as fuck.  And working hard to get looms?  It's not exactly work...

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 07:40:46 pm »
+1
I don´t realy see how Rondel Dagger is even close to OP , it has a nice pierce damage but that´s all it´s short and 1 directional and you can´t block with it. How hard is it to downblock the damn thing.

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2013, 07:42:24 pm »
+1
These daggerwhores are fun, i love 1 hitting them  :D , but yes maybe the price+dmg+effectiveness combo is a bit too much, i say rise the price of rondel to 3-5k and its fine

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2013, 07:42:46 pm »
+3
The weapon is too cheap and (IMO) shouldn't really be used with shields, but I like it that there are some daggers with strong stats. I wish there were some stronger daggers and then make it so that they can't be used well (or at all) with a shield. Other than that, I feel that there are enough counters built into the game to stop it. People who built slow characters will just have to be wary. 17-7 also isn't very convincing, you're a glass cannon that can get quick hits on enemies, but also die easily once caught.

With around 200 wpf and hardly any armor, it's like adding +2 to +3 PS compared to your average build. With low PS, it doesn't matter much since you only get  ~16-32% extra damage. Your 0PS is easily mitigated by high base pierce damage, high wpf, and speed bonus (easy to get with stabs since moving forward is the optimal movement). Even so, I doubt you'll 2shot people from full health if they don't let you get those high bonus attacks + holding; it's their fault for not having enough ath/too much armor and must accept this (rare) weakness. My 8ath guy would have a much easier time and can still wear better armor.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2013, 07:50:41 pm »
i don´t chill i can 2 hit almost every horse even a plated charger. so fuck you that for sure. yeah and it get boring for you because of the fact that you could´t keep up with other people. So what do people when they can not be equal they make a troll class. Like with an dagger. or plated charger and an yumi bow.  :wink:

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2013, 07:51:14 pm »
+1
this is not even an good excuse for me that i should chill this argument dosent count at all.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2013, 07:52:13 pm »
These daggerwhores are fun, i love 1 hitting them  :D , but yes maybe the price+dmg+effectiveness combo is a bit too much, i say rise the price of rondel to 3-5k and its fine

Tbh it's a good suggestion but let us be realistic.  Most people have been playing a while now, and have plenty of gold to spare.  I sold my last loompoint purely for upkeeping certain items, and I think nothing of spawning my plated charger and paying the 4,5k upkeep, if it means I can use my 13 riding character and have fun.

Some virtual gold vs a nice warm feeling bumping some archer to death...I know where I stand  :mrgreen:

yeah and it get boring for you because of the fact that you could´t keep up with other people.

what??

you're hallucinating.

i can 2 hit almost every horse even a plated charger.

more hallucination.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2013, 07:57:18 pm »
more hallucination? with an dagger of course :D

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2013, 07:59:08 pm »
+4
I don´t realy see how Rondel Dagger is even close to OP , it has a nice pierce damage but that´s all it´s short and 1 directional and you can´t block with it. How hard is it to downblock the damn thing.

It has all the swing directions in the secondary mode, so you can't just downblock by default like against long spears and pikes.

It can deal massive damage with agility builds for all that I care, but I don't think it should be usable with what ends up as an almost unbreakable shield. It being strong for its price is okay, because without the shield it's quite a risky play-style. Wouldn't even mind seeing a small buff to the side swing damage if they make it unusable with a shield.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2013, 09:35:46 pm »
Just to let you know, i did not use a shield and plus blocking is not needed with this weapon when you can run in stab the guy in the face and run out in a matter of milli seconds.

I dont think people get the point here either, the Rondel dagger would be fine if i used it in conjunction with at least 4 PS and i 2-3 hit people, but i dont u
i use 0 PS and i can do this.

PIm not saying that i am amazing with it like some people have suggested, i just find it ridiculous when i have the damage out put as someone with 7 PS with 0 PS.

Maybe i titled it wrong
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?