Author Topic: Remove Helms Deep Map NA2  (Read 707 times)

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Remove Helms Deep Map NA2
« on: September 11, 2013, 12:05:01 am »
+3
This map with the gigantic ladders needs to GTFO. It kills the server every time. Please remove it ASAP from NA Siege. Replace it with a cool old-school map that we all know and love but for some reason is no longer in rotation. Thanks.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: Remove Helms Deep Map NA2
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 07:57:12 pm »
Yes, this map is godawful and clears the server every time. Replace it with any of the old school ATS maps.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 01:34:29 am »
who the fuck is even managing NA siege server map rotations? Whoever the fuck it is, needs to get the fuck out and give the job to someone thats half competent and actually plays siege regularly

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 02:27:42 am »
+2
Wrong forum.

http://forum.melee.org/scene-editing/

who the fuck is even managing NA siege server map rotations? Whoever the fuck it is, needs to get the fuck out and give the job to someone thats half competent and actually plays siege regularly

NA players are lazy fucks who couldn't be assed to apply for the job, so they get stuck with whatever the fuck gets put on there. All you had to do was apply, and BAM! you would have been the NA Scene manager.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 07:46:01 am »
Wrong forum.

http://forum.melee.org/scene-editing/

NA players are lazy fucks who couldn't be assed to apply for the job, so they get stuck with whatever the fuck gets put on there. All you had to do was apply, and BAM! you would have been the NA Scene manager.

I've asked more than once.  I could easily come up with a 5-7 map rotation of core maps and work from there, and actually take FEEDBACK from the community.  This is all assuming someone translates how to actually implement the friggin thing, I have no idea how the scene stuff works.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 07:51:28 am »
Fairly sure Obitus did apply
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 11:01:01 am »
Fairly sure Obitus did apply

Nah he didn't. All he did was to volunteer to review maps. Basically the only ones who actually applied were teeth and me.

As long as noone can be arsed to finally code the automated server restarts (Although i'm a noob when it comes to any kind of coding, i figure this is not a task that takes forever to do) i can't be arsed to look over the rotation for now. Because for every tiny little change you still have to wait for cmp or chadz to do something, which can take quite some time.
Even if i delete it from the rotation now, which i'll do at least for NA, it still can take weeks for this change to actually get in the game. It sucks that we are bound to our 2 overlords but that's just the way it is.
Once those automated server restarts are in place teeth and myself will rework the whole cycle anyway. A few different cycles manually chosen by us to fit the servers and then we switch the cycle as often as we want to. Until then, show a little patience. I'm quite sure the changes we did since we are scene managers did the game quite good.

@Digglez: There was barely any feedback for most of the maps. For like 90% of the maps we are the only ones actually reviewing maps. I know there has been the NA siege discussion some time ago and i've read most of it, but most of the problems NA has with it's low population will hopefully disappear once the new spawn timers (based on the population) are in place, meaning next patch, whenever it will be.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 11:03:56 am »
Replace it with a cool old-school map that we all know and love but for some reason is no longer in rotation.

Replace it with any of the old school ATS maps.
Okay, if it only it were that easy. I have never played ATS siege, I know we have a bunch of good ATS battle maps, so if anyone knows where to find these maps, please tell me and I'll have a look. As for old maps that have been removed from the rotation, there is usually a reason. If you want to prove me wrong, you could launch crpg without WSE 2, which gives you a 'Scene Editor' in the main menu, which you can use to browse through all the maps that are still in the game, which goes back quite a while I think. See if you can find a siege map that has a right to be in. I have gone through it and I have found a few battle maps that I am willing to give a try again, but no siege maps.

I've asked more than once.  I could easily come up with a 5-7 map rotation of core maps and work from there, and actually take FEEDBACK from the community.  This is all assuming someone translates how to actually implement the friggin thing, I have no idea how the scene stuff works.
Just saying, the feedback from this community is fairly nonexistent, apart from 'map rotation is shit' and 'implement old good maps' and other completely useless comments. I am quite confident that the current map rotation has fairly high quality maps, excluding some of the newer maps which have something like a grace period to not discourage people from mapping or for mappers to improve them. In any case, make a screenshot of the bad map, map names are usually fucked up, post it in the feedback topic I just bumped and we'll see what we can do.

Oh dammit Fips, you here too, look at us tryharding.