Author Topic: 0.223  (Read 38552 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: 0.223
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2011, 11:56:29 pm »
Awesome, glad to hear it! Thanks to all the devs for continuing to work on game balance and new features.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2011, 12:13:07 am »
I love you.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2011, 12:14:55 am »
May I just ask one thing?: Why were horse and shield heirlooms not nerfed before the heirloom respec? Like all the other heirlooms?

I expect a lot more posts from people being unhappy and demanding a second respec.

For the future, save yourselves the trouble, make all the nerfs on your list completed before doing a respec.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2011, 12:22:09 am »
There are no "complete changes", balancing is a constant process.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2011, 12:23:41 am »
There are no "complete changes", balancing is a constant process.
Oh come on, you knew well before that this was going to happen, you probably forgot to do it for shields and cavalry.

I agree that it's a continuous process, but I do not agree on this particular case.

You could've saved yourself a lot of whine and discussion on heirloom respecs. (Although I loved how I provoked chadz into raging)
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2011, 12:24:00 am »
Gotta say, as much as I enjoy cRPG, I felt we had reached a balance a while ago, possibly with just before sheathable weapons, possibly just after. But now I feel as if we have gone over that balance, and maybe it would be a bit embarrassing to go back on decisions, but I think perhaps the nerfing has gone a bit too far. I would say the crossbow is perfect now, as balanced as it will get, don't touch it. Archery is nearly right, but needs more reloading speed IMHO. Throwing needs a bit more ammo, otherwise it is a pretty useless weapon. Melee seems fine to me.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Renegade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • Listen to the monk or feel his Iron Staff ;)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperial Prelates
  • Game nicks: IP_Renegade
  • IRC nick: Renegade334
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2011, 12:26:03 am »
The changes for shield hirelooms seem quite okay. As everything else got nerfed shield looms were very unbalanced and I say that as a shielder ;)
The reduction from 7 to 4 War Darts is hard, but did noone else notice that the WPF requirement for PT seems to be lower? I don't get the annoying red message anymore :)
And everyone who says that you need 4-5 War Darts with 11PT for a guy in Mail (30 armor?) is exxagerating. I need 2-3 Darts with PT 10, but with a maximum of 16 Darts I now try a support thrower that lets enemies struggle with stones. Nothing for a high KD, but at least it helps the team...
Freedom of opinion doesn't mean that I have to listen to any crap you say. If anyone wants to criticize me or my posts: Outdoors is a wall that would be glad to listen to you.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2011, 01:02:11 am »
Oh come on, you knew well before that this was going to happen, you probably forgot to do it for shields and cavalry.

I agree that it's a continuous process, but I do not agree on this particular case.

You could've saved yourself a lot of whine and discussion on heirloom respecs. (Although I loved how I provoked chadz into raging)

And the Balton award goes too...... Magikarp.  Seriously horses heirlooms were the best in the game, they just rebalanced them with all the other heirlooms.  You still get +2 speed/+2 maneuverability additional armor and hitpoints and charge damage, compared to +1 speed/+3 damage for most weapons.  Your whining is making all the legitimate cavalry people's complaints look like they are meaningless and deterring from actual constructive comments, as a cav person I would not want you badmouthing chadz thinking thats going to somehow make him rebuff cavalry.  Its getting old, actually kind of surprised you aren't muted yet.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2011, 01:10:15 am »
And the Balton award goes too...... Magikarp.  Seriously horses heirlooms were the best in the game, they just rebalanced them with all the other heirlooms.  You still get +2 speed/+2 maneuverability additional armor and hitpoints and charge damage, compared to +1 speed/+3 damage for most weapons.  Your whining is making all the legitimate cavalry people's complaints look like they are meaningless and deterring from actual constructive comments, as a cav person I would not want you badmouthing chadz thinking thats going to somehow make him rebuff cavalry.  Its getting old, actually kind of surprised you aren't muted yet.

mwuhahahaha I -pointed him and he got mutedXD

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2011, 01:10:56 am »
I picked war darts to heirloom, since they were the only remotely accurate throwing weapon that still did some damage. Sure, it still took 4 war darts to kill a guy in mail with 11 PT but it was slightly effective.

Now my stacksize got cut in half too. 16 wardarts I can't even use to block with. 12 if I bring a 1h weapon. Need 4 to kill a guy. Need 20 or more to break a shield. My potential kills with throwing weapons has been reduced to 3-4 if I hit all of em. On the same guys.

puppies... is dead  :(
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2011, 01:19:36 am »
Even I pressed -1 at him :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2011, 01:45:36 am »
Making javs and jarids 2 slots was a mistake and doesn't make much sense. I'm not a thrower myself, but even I can see it's a bit of a idiotic thing to do. Now it all but makes dedicated throwers redundant. If you're going to make it 2 slots, give them more ammo to make up for it.

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2011, 03:01:07 am »
chadz, stop with the fuckin' smoke and mirrors.
Just keep track of WHAT YOU CHANGE.
and then POST IT.

A changelog is not;
"I changed some weapons."
"Also fixed bugs."

A changelog is;
"Heavy Lance -10 speed"
"Huscarl Shield +1000 gold"
"Crash when opening 0.222 fixed"
etc etc.

YOU WILL MAKE EVERYONE SO HAPPY
I WILL SERIOUSLY SEND YOU A PLATE OF COOKIES

Also stop nerfing cav, for the love of god. Spend a day in our saddles.
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2011, 03:06:27 am »
On a side note, 0.220:
- Killed my polearm/archer (two slot polearms  :rolleyes: )
- Left my cav on life support (nerfed everything!)

PROTIP: To not get killed by cav, turn your sound on. If you heard an "ARRGH" followed by loud horse beating right behind you, don't get stabbed in the back. Stop complaining.

EDIT: buff AGI too. It's fucking useless.
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Kharn

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • Game nicks: Kharn, Oneshot_Mcgee, Flash
  • IRC nick: Kharn
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2011, 03:44:43 am »
@People complaining about throwing gimps

The current argument for reducing ammo for throwers is that it is unrealistic to carry that many throwing. Which is fine, I am all for realism.

But to maintain balance you have to increase something else to make up for it. That never happens, because of the reasoning used for balancing.
That is "cheap" and "there is too much of that" is all opinion and should never be used to balance.

The only unbiased goal for balancing any game:  Every class and build has the same ability to top a scoreboard or win the round.

There is nothing wrong with "cheap" but there is something wrong with being overpowered.
Does anyone else agree with this?

If your name is on either of these 2 lists: http://goo.gl/0SEqf -- http://goo.gl/I3SFf
And you want to be on youtube dueling famous fighters. Add imkharn to steam.
To see existing videos go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/imkharn