Author Topic: shitpost  (Read 7528 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: shitpost
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2013, 09:51:20 am »
+5
I need to really start staying on top of this really long, drawn out sob story Diplomacy posts. They make me almost want to play this game more often.

I think what Hobb said is true though, while we love to call each other out on things we don't agree with, that's what makes Strategus fun. You have a lot of different leadership styles and mindsets, and what one clan may hold as a value, another may see it as a means to crush them. You cannot fault that, it is that way even in the modern world. Sure, some of us are sniffling snot-nosed fucks that hate our job at Walmart and can't wait to get home to play Strat because we feel powerful--but without these shitdrinkers and cumasses Strategus would be boring. So, that said, I think Velucan Empire was destined for failure from the start. 3 Clans, 3 obviously different mindsets, and the obvious distaste for one another between MB and HoC was evident for all to see in NA_1 or NA_2. Not all MB or HoC disliked each other I'm sure, but there was enough banter to be noticeable.

I personally enjoyed MB's battles when 9Finger lead them. I rarely saw Aldogalus in the battle, and if I did, he was belligerently drunk on teamspeak. That was maybe 1-2 battles, otherwise I didn't see him. Maybe not the best leadership style, but those involved with the battle knew that calls were coming down from 9Finger so it wasn't a big deal. I think the dissolving of VE was good though, this civil war was fun for everyone, my only hopes are that it would rekindle its flame and start up again. We need more 2000 v 2000 heavy plate battles, not only for xp, but because Strat seems to be running only on fumes any longer. Why am I bothering to write this much in the Diplomacy section. God damn it you fucks have drawn me in!

TL;DR portion.. Don't get mad over spilled milk. This is a War Game, it becomes very Diplomatic. We have a lot of different groups of people, and a lot of different playstyles people want to go about when playing this game. You cannot fault people for their actions if they don't play the same as you would expect them to play.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2013, 01:21:24 pm »
+10
TL;DR portion.. Don't get mad over spilled milk.

No, please get mad, get very mad. Madness leads to anger, anger leads to wars, wars... lead to xp.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2013, 04:37:38 pm »
+4

A few things i'd like to say here. Hobb, I still respect you, and could see us having a legitimate conversation about this sometime in team speak. Could even see us shooting the breeze afterwards with very little animosity towards one another. That being said, I think you are a complete tryhard and massive internet bundle of sticks.

Yeah bro, I try hard at any competitive game I play. To me, games are not fun without that competitive edge to it. Strat was particularly relevant because I could do pretty much everything except for the battles from my phone at work or school, so it was easy to stay on top of things. I mean anything to get out of work right?

As I recall, I expressed interest in playing a more active roll in our leadership. I remember you telling me it was great, and that we needed more people to take an active roll in coordinating and running our faction. I was pretty much down to do it. However, I wasn't able to just guess what time the meetings were happening, or fill myself in on all of our current situation.

Exactly man, exactly. See this is basically why your OP annoyed me, because you simply do not know hardly anything about strat, yet you hear some rumor and go with it. None of us actually had time to get together and "meet," and we rarely had meetings. Bonesaw and 9finger just did there own things, got the people they needed to help them, and we worked together on things like sharing S&D and Production Points. You pick something you want to do, you do something, that is strat leadership.

Oh and that part where i insulted you hobb, was supposed to be a joke, though I don't really get why you called me a dumbass, and am slightly offended at that. If you honestly think any mistake I have ever made was due to incompetence, you are wrong sir. I was wrong one time, and one time only. This one time I thought I had made a mistake, but it turns out I was wrong, and that mistake never actually took place. Silly of me to second guess myself.

The OP is filled with accusations about something I was heavily invested in and everything you said was false. To me, that makes you a troll or a dumbass, and I am fairly sure you believed everything you wrote. If you were actually curious about the situation and not just wanting to smear shit on my clan, you would have tried to contact me or trist directly. That being said, drama threads are pretty awesome, I for one won't step down from the challenge.

And as far as being cool about everything, it's the same situation with Require I think. To where you guys think that I was somehow being malicious and taking advantage of you guys, like somehow I was doing something wrong by getting you guys to play internet swords and horses with me. I mean strat is about having fun and battles right? We had lots of battles, drama, and xp for everyone. No one forced MB to join VE. You wanted to leave more than once, and yes I tried to talk you out of it, but we never said you couldnt leave, although the Uxxhal land was something we wanted to keep.

Offline Aldogalus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner, Keyboard Warriors (MB, KbW)
  • Game nicks: Aldo, Aldo_TheDandyDiddler_MB
  • IRC nick: Aldogalus
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2013, 11:15:44 pm »
It amuses me that you hate Cyranule so very much. I get the feeling you have never even talked to him.

hate him? dont really know him. all i know is he acts like a massive plug in game, and i hate that. I mean if he acts like a bucket cunt in game, am I supposed to want to interact with him beyond that? bucket. cunt.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 11:27:56 pm by Aldogalus »

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2013, 11:42:45 pm »
I need to really start staying on top of this really long, drawn out sob story Diplomacy posts. They make me almost want to play this game more often.

I think what Hobb said is true though, while we love to call each other out on things we don't agree with, that's what makes Strategus fun. You have a lot of different leadership styles and mindsets, and what one clan may hold as a value, another may see it as a means to crush them. You cannot fault that, it is that way even in the modern world. Sure, some of us are sniffling snot-nosed fucks that hate our job at Walmart and can't wait to get home to play Strat because we feel powerful--but without these shitdrinkers and cumasses Strategus would be boring. So, that said, I think Velucan Empire was destined for failure from the start. 3 Clans, 3 obviously different mindsets, and the obvious distaste for one another between MB and HoC was evident for all to see in NA_1 or NA_2. Not all MB or HoC disliked each other I'm sure, but there was enough banter to be noticeable.

I personally enjoyed MB's battles when 9Finger lead them. I rarely saw Aldogalus in the battle, and if I did, he was belligerently drunk on teamspeak. That was maybe 1-2 battles, otherwise I didn't see him. Maybe not the best leadership style, but those involved with the battle knew that calls were coming down from 9Finger so it wasn't a big deal. I think the dissolving of VE was good though, this civil war was fun for everyone, my only hopes are that it would rekindle its flame and start up again. We need more 2000 v 2000 heavy plate battles, not only for xp, but because Strat seems to be running only on fumes any longer. Why am I bothering to write this much in the Diplomacy section. God damn it you fucks have drawn me in!

TL;DR portion.. Don't get mad over spilled milk. This is a War Game, it becomes very Diplomatic. We have a lot of different groups of people, and a lot of different playstyles people want to go about when playing this game. You cannot fault people for their actions if they don't play the same as you would expect them to play.

bring back kuut, start doing something ask your menbers to grind troops do trade and make your battle lead your stuff make your economy etc
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 11:46:44 pm by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2013, 12:21:59 am »
+1
This goes out to Jaren (or moreso for me to save face, since I've already told jaren all this in TS). Jaren, SWEET SWEET JURN, I am so sorry for bringing you into this thread. I didn't think about it at the time, but it was a selfish move to mention you indirectly, as TKoV would obviously know whom I was talking about, and bring it up later in the thread. My own thirst for nerd tears let me get the best of me, and I hope it didn't compromise any social ties that you had between you and TKoV members. I surely should have asked your permission before posting this. Fortunately you are as forgiving as allah, our lord and saviour.

~~~~~~~~~aldowild out

Ahahaha, we're good.
That sweet nectar of nerd tears can drive even the most humbled man to ravenous intent.

I don't believe it's made me much more of a traitor than I already was. VE split and I took the path I thought right even if it meant becoming an exile amongst friends.

I'll fight the fight.
Do the damn it as one might say.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2013, 12:36:09 am »
+1
bring back kuut, start doing something ask your menbers to grind troops do trade and make your battle lead your stuff make your economy etc

Wouldn't work. We have little desire to ever play this game anymore, much less take part in the metagame fest that is Strategus. Anymore we just gather troops and sell them, those of us whom still play.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2013, 12:55:09 am »
+6
I can't write a "RP" for this because I keep getting too drunk.

Uh, sorry.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Aldogalus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2013, 01:12:01 am »
+3
Desire is a pretty terrible admin and an even worse FCC vassal.  Yes, this is an insult on your honor and integrity.  We can settle this with a joust later tonight or tomorrow night if you are around.

I always liked couching Aldo on the battlefield, but since that scumball stopped wearing his heraldic mail w/ tabard it makes it a lot harder to spot my favorite couching target...I also respect that he keeps his clan members in line and doesn't afraid of anything.

*PAGING CommieCossack Joe to the thread*
Huesby did you really need to bring up another thing that i dislike...hate. I HATE CAV. YOU WANT A CAV RANT YOU GOT IT. OH IM HUESBY I GO FOR SPAWN 30 SECONDS INTO THE GAME. I COULD MELEE IF I PLAYED IT, BUT INSTEAD ILL JUST GO CAV FOR 43 GENS. I AIM FOR ALDOG CUZ ITS PHUNI HARHAR.  I AM METAPHORICALLY AND PHYSICALLY AN OBEEZ NARC

I keep my members in line?? They pretty much do that themselves, its just in their nature. Apart from a few ban threads here and there, but in a mod this small, admins need some JOB SECURITY.

Offline Aldogalus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2013, 01:41:02 am »
Yeah bro, I try hard at any competitive game I play. To me, games are not fun without that competitive edge to it. Strat was particularly relevant because I could do pretty much everything except for the battles from my phone at work or school, so it was easy to stay on top of things. I mean anything to get out of work right?

Exactly man, exactly. See this is basically why your OP annoyed me, because you simply do not know hardly anything about strat, yet you hear some rumor and go with it. None of us actually had time to get together and "meet," and we rarely had meetings. Bonesaw and 9finger just did there own things, got the people they needed to help them, and we worked together on things like sharing S&D and Production Points. You pick something you want to do, you do something, that is strat leadership.

The OP is filled with accusations about something I was heavily invested in and everything you said was false. To me, that makes you a troll or a dumbass, and I am fairly sure you believed everything you wrote. If you were actually curious about the situation and not just wanting to smear shit on my clan, you would have tried to contact me or trist directly. That being said, drama threads are pretty awesome, I for one won't step down from the challenge.

And as far as being cool about everything, it's the same situation with Require I think. To where you guys think that I was somehow being malicious and taking advantage of you guys, like somehow I was doing something wrong by getting you guys to play internet swords and horses with me. I mean strat is about having fun and battles right? We had lots of battles, drama, and xp for everyone. No one forced MB to join VE. You wanted to leave more than once, and yes I tried to talk you out of it, but we never said you couldnt leave, although the Uxxhal land was something we wanted to keep.

So you are telling me that as somebody who knows "nothing" about strat, that I was supposed to just jump in and take over a job someone was tending to, with no knowledge whatsoever of what I was doing? Just encroach on some random person's duty, and make it my own without consultation? You could have assigned me a task to carry out, while I got the hang of things and got up to date on strat politics. I guess I never came up and said "hey man whats new in strat. Could you fill me in?" Could have been a bit more assertive on that. Although I guess I was kind of expecting you to pull me to the channel during talks, so that I could get a better grip on what was happening, and what our goals were, and how we were to go about achieving them. You can not honestly tell me that you didn't use ts to communicate about strat... lol.

What else am I supposed to go on? During my PC hiatus, HoC broke off from TKoV and attacked us, and afterwards I hear from a pretty damn reliable source, that it was an idea comprised and praised by both teh current leaders on each side. I believe Rob and Bonesaw made that play, it just makes too much sense. All I have to go on, is the fact that you and all the other leaders were on vacation or some shit, Bonesaw and Rob both dislike us, and that HoC broke off and attacked us during this period. Then I hear from a integrity-filled character like Jaren, that they were discussing this in a TS. Are you denying that it happened Hobb?

You doomed yourselves with your own posts IMO, goat admitting that it was at least an idea, and your post about how Rob was the one who was actively in charge. Then look at the turn of events, and it's pretty crystal clear IMO.

Do I think you are doing me wrong? meh its a game. Though I've had some pretty sour interactions with TKoV leaders lately, yourself not included. Am I going to take this to the grave? No sir, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to make it public knowledge.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2013, 02:05:20 am »
+4
Oh I am sure the conversations happened between Bonesaw and Robert, at least a few times, but Bonesaw was pretty open about his distaste for MB, and Robert's opinions only picked our fashion for battle. If any of the three of Trist, 9finger, or I were available at the time, I am sure this wouldn't have escalated like that. Although, it was about time for a dramatic split eh?

As far as teaching strat, I can prob take the blame on that tbh. I mean we had odd schedules as far as I remember, it was hard to get ahold of you/ vice versa. I think alot of people had similar thoughts about strat as to where you go, "Welp, what do I do?" So if you truly wanted to get involved, but didnt for lack of experience then I'll take the blame for that. I usually groomed up my own guys, Jaren included, who would need to do alot more than tell a few tales to make me upset, love you boo.

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2013, 02:29:31 am »
+2
That being said, drama threads are pretty awesome, I for one won't step down from the challenge.

Why're you cold shouldering me in this thread and staying out of our thread hobb?  That's 3+ "Me or Trist"s

http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/(tkov)we-are-the-kingdom-of-veluca-(recruiting-na)/495/

Put up or shut up, chode.

PS just listened to that song i posted,  so good, so right.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:37:13 am by Adoptagoat »
Adoptagoat: http://i.imgur.com/p5s51.gif
Voso the Worst: thats you
Adoptagoat: I know.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2013, 03:30:05 pm »
+8

+1 for French accent even when writing  :D
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2013, 03:33:18 pm »
+1 for French accent even when writing  :D

Is there no such thing as a comma in French?
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2013, 04:25:14 pm »
+1
Is there no such thing as a comma in French?

I geif blowjob 4 troupz
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.