Author Topic: eu1 tonight  (Read 7570 times)

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
Re: eu1 tonight
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2013, 11:06:28 am »
Ok I was just reading this on toilet. And it come to my mind....  A great idea....
And then I forgot it...
Ok I got it. How to deal with archers, very easy. Prevent placing arrow and aiming while moving. Give huge wpf penalty for it, otherwise make it unusable. To be able to shoot you would need to be in same spot atleast 3 sec. That would kill kiting archers.
You figure how to kill snipers.

But as I went for toilet second time it came to my mind...
If you nerf archers, cav will be too stronk, melee will me stronker, what.... So it's best that you don't do anything and let this mod die in rain of arrows...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2013, 11:22:35 am »
So it's best that you don't do anything and let this mod die in rain of arrows...

Sig!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2013, 11:49:41 am »
You sir, are a terrible QQer.
I dont see melee having to reload every strike for 5 seconds, being immobilized during this time and being limited to 12 or 13 strikes per round QQ.

What, hiding behind a tree for a few secs is such a hardship for being able to deal ranged damage? Melee are standing around doing jack shit a lot of the time too, might as well have some ranged capability while in those situations. Thats the sort of mentality that leads to this becoming a ranged game. And when it comes to melee you can still hold your own in that situation too.

Xbows should at least need some requirements for their builds. Just look at guys like DaveUKR, 1 or 2 hit ranged kills, sarranid guard armour, good helmet and decent melee weapon. You should really have to sacrifice one thing for another. Melee sacrifices all ranged capability, and if they take a shield they take that instead of heavier armour or they lose their footwork speed. Xbows just drop the xbow when they are forced into melee range and become a regular melee guy until they go back for it. Dropping a shield will get you killed without ranged capability towards the end of a round
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:57:03 am by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2013, 12:08:37 pm »
What, hiding behind a tree for a few secs is such a hardship for being able to deal ranged damage? Melee are standing around doing jack shit a lot of the time too, might as well have some ranged capability while in those situations. Thats the sort of mentality that leads to this becoming a ranged game. And when it comes to melee you can still hold your own in that situation too.

Xbows should at least need some requirements for their builds. Just look at guys like DaveUKR, 1 or 2 hit ranged kills, sarranid guard armour, good helmet and decent melee weapon. You should really have to sacrifice one thing for another. Melee sacrifices all ranged capability, and if they take a shield they take that instead of heavier armour or they lose their footwork speed. Xbows just drop the xbow when they are forced into melee range and become a regular melee guy until they go back for it. Dropping a shield will get you killed without ranged capability towards the end of a round

xbow requirements are kinda low, I agree. You only need weapon master for the wpf in order to aim properly. What else limits the xbower... maybe that 3 slots are occupied with xbow + bolts? So most 2h and polearms are out.
You're talking of melee sacrificing all ranged capabilities - thats your choice mate. I got a polearmer with throwing - works well and you can stun archers and xbowers and also deal damage to HA/HX. Just a couple of points and suddenly you're not a pure melee who needs to QQ all the time.

Edit: oh and please dont use highlevel players for all kinds of QQ, they dont represent the "average" players.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2013, 12:35:55 pm »
+2
I am sure everyone is sick of "Nurf archers arghbhsewarhdshdgsaf!" kind of bs , because they re nerfed to death already. The problem with archers is they re always in the same team , one team with tons of ranged , other team with all 2hers and skinny ass cavs . Well I played as a hoplite recently and I was pretty tanky, but getting interrupted with peasant arrows is not fun, i have to say.

All the qqing about ranged has a point ; people are not whining about simple ranged pew pew , but they re "kiting" , even with 10kg big ass arrows, they can run faster than every decent melee guy , when they re not being chased anymore, they start shooting again.

The battle's general plan has to be like this imo ;

Ranged camps somewhere, melee protects them , cav tries to gank enemy melee so they can reach enemy ranged.

The battle's general plan at the moment ;

Ranged camps somewhere -mostly roofs- if the map is plain , they just go to the corner. melee attacks enemy melee immediately and get tons of shots , cavs move to the enemy spawn asap and kill late spawners and afkers ,  then get tons of shots.So the team with most ranged wins.

And everyone says "Get a shield lol" , you see, the problem is not with the ranged, its with the kill hungry melee scumbags , they always chase archers, avoiding the team and all the enemies, then they die and start assaulting archers in forums , what we have to do is sticking up and remembering this is a team game, you re not solo.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2013, 01:02:55 pm »
I just come from eu1. I played on my pole alt and was doing nothing else but sticking close to my archers ( well our team had only 1 or 2 most of the time ). Saved my archer buddy from a few certain deaths who in turn could help me then when enemies tried to gank me. Seems just the mere presence of one big polearm inside a bunch of archers is enough to scare cav backstabbers away. Archer thanked me, we won many rounds, made me feel warm inside, I had fun. Other melees should try it sometimes.

Oh and with 56 body armor I dont think any arrow that hit me took more than 15 % of my hp so its a relatively safe job too.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:07 pm »
I just come from eu1. I played on my pole alt and was doing nothing else but sticking close to my archers ( well our team had only 1 or 2 most of the time ). Saved my archer buddy from a few certain deaths who in turn could help me then when enemies tried to gank me. Seems just the mere presence of one big polearm inside a bunch of archers is enough to scare cav backstabbers away. Archer thanked me, we won many rounds, made me feel warm inside, I had fun. Other melees should try it sometimes.

Oh and with 56 body armor I dont think any arrow that hit me took more than 15 % of my hp so its a relatively safe job too.

I do that too sometimes, playing ranged guard with polearmer. Works magic many times, fuckin great.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:33 pm »

lol
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2013, 01:25:50 pm »
+3
i think most of you guys don't get it

rock, paper, scissors

with my build ( 15/24, light armour pure 1h shield), I have literally no problem with ranged; they die easy as anything. Let's call this paper and call ranged rock

now you guys, with all your heavy armour and one shot kill polearms / 2h weapons, are running around like idiots crying

"WAAAAH MY SCISSORS DONT WIN VS ROCK :( :( :( :("

either adapt your build to counter ranged, or stop crying about the one weakness your one-shot kill 18 ironflesh 200 bodyarmour long weapon reach builds actually have

I have a tincan hero as well, ivani5 full plate high ironflesh etc etc; when i play that character, I sometimes look like a porcupine because of the amount of archers that have shot me; an unshielded tincan, and I have survived. I think it's extremely obnoxious that you all still complain about bloody archery.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:29:42 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2013, 01:28:49 pm »
lol

There is a difference between getting shot in the face from pointblank range when you lolcharge and getting shot at "archer" distance. Also those things that take a big chunks out of your hp are bolts and I was not talking about those. On top of that, almost no archer will target you in such a situation as you dont pose a direct threat that needs to be eliminated as soon as possible.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2013, 01:41:16 pm »
+2

Let me guess what happened next: the marmot wrapped up the chocolate ?
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2013, 01:41:22 pm »
+2
Reason of all the rage , drawn with elven painting skills

(click to show/hide)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2013, 02:11:38 pm »
i think most of you guys don't get it

rock, paper, scissors

with my build ( 15/24, light armour pure 1h shield), I have literally no problem with ranged; they die easy as anything. Let's call this paper and call ranged rock

now you guys, with all your heavy armour and one shot kill polearms / 2h weapons, are running around like idiots crying

"WAAAAH MY SCISSORS DONT WIN VS ROCK :( :( :( :("

either adapt your build to counter ranged, or stop crying about the one weakness your one-shot kill 18 ironflesh 200 bodyarmour long weapon reach builds actually have

I have a tincan hero as well, ivani5 full plate high ironflesh etc etc; when i play that character, I sometimes look like a porcupine because of the amount of archers that have shot me; an unshielded tincan, and I have survived. I think it's extremely obnoxious that you all still complain about bloody archery.

How is it rock/paper/scissors with xbowers that don't have any requirements and drop the xbow? 1 handed weapons are not UP in the least.

It shouldn't be rock paper scissors anyway, this is not TF2. The way you play and how well you play should be whats important. You have strengths and weaknesses, but you play to your strengths and try to minimise your weaknesses. If you're jack of all trades you should sacrifice something for that. If it were rock paper scissors ranged wouldn't be allowed to block melee at all

The counters to ranged are either too passive or relly on simply countering with ranged, it makes the game boring to play sometimes
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2013, 02:12:46 pm »
+1
It shouldn't be rock paper scissors anyway, this is not TF2.

Every class can kill every other in TF2.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2013, 02:31:45 pm »
How is it rock/paper/scissors with xbowers that don't have any requirements and drop the xbow? 1 handed weapons are not UP in the least.

It shouldn't be rock paper scissors anyway, this is not TF2. The way you play and how well you play should be whats important. You have strengths and weaknesses, but you play to your strengths and try to minimise your weaknesses. If you're jack of all trades you should sacrifice something for that. If it were rock paper scissors ranged wouldn't be allowed to block melee at all

The counters to ranged are either too passive or relly on simply countering with ranged, it makes the game boring to play sometimes

But Grumbs, how is a 2h/pole supposed to counter ranged when said 2h/pole 1) does not want use ranged himself cause "more ranged to counter ranged" is bad, 2) does not want to teamplay with the own ranged because its "boring/unthankful/unfun", 3) does not want to take cover/hide because "ranged should not dictate how I play" ? It doesnt seem like there is any way to change the game to your expectations without deleting every form of ranged completely. I mean should he use the force to deflect arrows or what ?