Author Topic: Split NA players from EU players.  (Read 14715 times)

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
Re: Split NA players from EU players.
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2011, 03:01:41 am »
+1
Well, that would help with the EU playing on NA, but not vise-versa... I say leave it as is.
Sorry. I was thinking of everyone, not just NA if there is no split

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2011, 12:42:39 pm »
+1
Create a new data center in the middle of the North Atlantic Ocean.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2011, 06:20:22 pm »
+1
Having a NA continent would benefit both communities as it would allow more space for smaller clans to have a place in the sun and for everyone to actually interact with their neighbors. As it stands the NA community is pretty much formed into two blocs, LLJK and NE(at opposite sides of the map where they cant even interact), with no real place for smaller clans to thrive. Small NA clans have a tough time getting territory because their options are either to join the big clans, or try and fight EU clans, which is suicide with pings what they are. Even the big clans pretty much end up ignoring any neighbors from the opposite timezone since fighting against them would be absolute misery.

Having a dual continent would allow smaller clans a chance to gain land without having to compete with clans from the opposite continent and also eliminate the current stalemate that having foreign neighbors next to you tends to cause.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2011, 03:45:28 am »
I have joined just after strat was shut down, or shortly before, so i could not experience any battles, but at love and war nothing is too rough, right?
I can see the frustration from being attacked at weird times, but as i work on shifts, i have weird playtimes anyways, so this really does not bother me. Splitting community? Bullshit, the guys who play together will keep playing together no matter what...at least i do that, if all my friends from one game are some other country and have better pings, i dont care, i will keep playing with them cause i enjoy the time spent together.

Anyways, the more and more i am reading about Strategus, its gonna be fun! And hopefully the guy who brought me to cRPG will come back to play again aswell! :) YAY :D

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2011, 03:48:49 am »
Splitting community? Bullshit, the guys who play together will keep playing together no matter what...at least i do that, if all my friends from one game are some other country and have better pings, i dont care, i will keep playing with them cause i enjoy the time spent together.

This for me. If NA and EU split, I am going EU despite my 178-220 ping so I can play with my Fallen Brethren.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2011, 04:14:39 am »
+1
This for me. If NA and EU split, I am going EU despite my 178-220 ping so I can play with my Fallen Brethren.

Not like it would stop you from signing up for NA battles.  :D

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2011, 06:43:30 am »
+1
I change my vote. Smaller clans in both NA and EU need some time to shine, like stated above. Perhaps a split would be better.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2011, 02:23:20 am »
+1
2 big ass continents would be the best thing I think. For one thing everything can be handled centrally. We have already seen what kind of horrible shit can security wise and having another database and shit to run for NA is a bad idea.

It could allow clans with multiple countries worth of people to still fight in each others battles and could lead to interesting trading deals as well. Clans will be doing a lot of plotting and scheming and with a EU continent smaller clans could have a nice neutral group of people to reach out to for trades on troops/weapons. With 2 full sized continents smaller clans will get their chance to grab some land.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2011, 09:19:42 am »
I don´t know where come this idea that if we splitt then small clans will have a better chance? How? Why?

I really don´t care a splitt, and more i see post from na, more i want a splitt, but why ppl are so naive?
Splitt or no splitt, small clan will have to ally or oath to big clan, otherwise they will be destroy to ashes.

I agree that a bigger map could give more space and allow small  clans to grab some fief in the process, but this has nothing to do with a splitt. And at the end it would be the same, or they join a big clan or they die.

This is the inner principle of Strategus, total domination.

A splitt will just give more job to chadz and delay more the release of Strat.

Btw if na community is so big, then na clan will have not to ally in a big group, like old Strat, what they didn´t understand is that eu clan have the same fear to attack na fief...

« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:05:22 am by Gheritarish le Loki »

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2011, 09:29:20 am »
+1
I see many great suggestions with no replies, and i certainly hope this doesn't end up that way...

if the dev team is ACTUALLY reading this, please implement this. or, run a vote. see if its worth your time.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2011, 02:53:10 pm »
+1
afaik a lot of the Dev team is for some variant of the idea, but teh chadz is dead set against it.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2011, 06:18:08 pm »
+1
afaik a lot of the Dev team is for some variant of the idea, but teh chadz is dead set against it.

Thats really sad.  Even just a 2 continent or 1 continent split by sea and only connecting the 2 sides by a  narrow isthmus (think panama) would actually create more dynamism and prevent stagnation through powerblocks where na or eu clans dont border anyone of the same continent so they just sit and do nothing for 4 months (think Northern Empire in last strategus).  Would still allow for pirate raiding expeditions and adventurous clans to attack across the sea but would make all the people on your border be worth invading and not avoiding simply because monstrous ping as the best defense in a siege.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lorenzo

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_SaifaQc
  • IRC nick: Lorenzo
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2011, 08:03:24 pm »
+1
I really dont see the point... Even if we split the small clans are going to ally and forme bigger clans... the less players you have the quickest it going to come to the point where one faction is overpowered.

I know that getting out of your ts/ventrilo to talk to others clans may seem hard but just try it and get involved in one of the most interresting part of this mod : Diplomatic game.

Make arrangements, treaties, merc contract etc. Even if you are a small clan, it does not mean that you have not you place in a world-wide strategus.

I dont want a split, and the main reason is not because I play in a international team, it's mainly because there is not enough players in NA to have his stand alone strat, even a ''continent'' it would be just boring.

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2011, 08:26:20 pm »
+1
I really dont see the point... Even if we split the small clans are going to ally and forme bigger clans... the less players you have the quickest it going to come to the point where one faction is overpowered.

I know that getting out of your ts/ventrilo to talk to others clans may seem hard but just try it and get involved in one of the most interresting part of this mod : Diplomatic game.

Make arrangements, treaties, merc contract etc. Even if you are a small clan, it does not mean that you have not you place in a world-wide strategus.

I dont want a split, and the main reason is not because I play in a international team, it's mainly because there is not enough players in NA to have his stand alone strat, even a ''continent'' it would be just boring.

The point is Eu+Na = bad ping battles.

now i'm not sure how many na there actually are, but i know that there numbers at least 200+ if 100 of those individuals were in say... 5 clans, over a large map... it could actually be quite fun.

if there were a shift in the balance of power of a clan, others could ally and keep it in check. sort of like it is now with how the alliances are going, at least from my eyes.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:29:51 pm by Soldier_of_God »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2011, 08:50:34 pm »
+1
The point is Eu+Na = bad ping battles.

now i'm not sure how many na there actually are, but i know that there numbers at least 200+ if 100 of those individuals were in say... 5 clans, over a large map... it could actually be quite fun.

if there were a shift in the balance of power of a clan, others could ally and keep it in check. sort of like it is now with how the alliances are going, at least from my eyes.

Yes, before the steam update messedthings up for a lot of people so theyc ouldnt play, evenings would see siege, and 1 battle server completely full, and usually another 2 battle servers partially full.  Thats 250 right there and not everyone plays every night.  A rough estimate is that there are 500 active NA cRPG players, which is more then enough to have a fulfilling strategus match up even if only 2/3rds participate.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo