Author Topic: UNBAN WATTtheJOKER/Quincy_Maat  (Read 1063 times)

Offline maat

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_Maat Guardian_mjollnir Guardian_Amam WATTtheJOKER Guardian_Maat
UNBAN WATTtheJOKER/Quincy_Maat
« on: August 24, 2013, 02:49:02 pm »
http://forum.melee.org/eu-%28official%29/ban-wattthejoker/

hello ,

im totaly furious for those accusations, my char is a thrower , 4 javelins dont make me have fun in siege , reason why i try to spawned weapon rack in defence (i dont know rules against that), and the fact is everytime i build they come de destroy it , so i try to renforce and help^the defence the defence ,  for one off new map on which one there was a build spam , there was an other SOA "engie" , AND NO IM NOT LEECHING , did U ONLY THE WEAPON RACK REPAIRS PRICE ???? and no im leeching , first defence spawn i spawn construction site/ material + 1 HAMMER !!!  ,  i suicid ( yes ofc , to respawn faster 20 seconde after) and respawn with 4 construction materials. nothing other to say , but maybe wrote some rules about weapon rack  or dont allow it in servers !!! BAN IS TOTAL ABUSE

REGARDS, Maat

TY by advance
"La flèche que tu lances contre un juste reviendra sur toi"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
Re: UNBAN WATTtheJOKER/Quincy_Maat
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 03:05:44 pm »
Admin when replying to maat's unban request can you please clarify the rules towards weapon racks?
I recently put a post about throwing weapons ammo and a large groups response was "build a weapon rack", so if this is against the rules it clearly isn't understood/acknowledged by the community.

Also I've played on siege with WATTtheJOKER, they build a weapon rack near the ranged then take out throwing weapons and actively fight. (Yes they suicided but this is necessary to get the material for the first rack.) This is very beneficial to the team.

Sorry if this is considered spam, just trying to get clarification on the rules.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 03:58:15 pm »
Well i saw you spamming stakes etc like shit. It took like 1:30 minutes for me to cut trough everything and get to it.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 04:41:02 pm »
From Official Server Rules

No siege equipment spam:

OK: Planting ladders to get to roofs or walls
    OK: Blocking a door with a construction site
    OK: Planting siege shields to provide cover from ranged fire
    NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement

I understand the English applied here might be a bit confusing, but it's in fact, against the rules to spawn a Weapon Rack in Siege Servers.

Some months ago, when the rule had to be applied, some guys were constantly placing weapon racks on flag and gate houses, and the leverage was just too big, due to the projectile spam tunnels it created. There is a limit of ammo per spawn/slot for a reason, and balance is to be kept.

Don't be furious Maat, they were simply applying the rules. Hope this helped in any way.

Cheerio!

Offline maat

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Quincy_Maat Guardian_mjollnir Guardian_Amam WATTtheJOKER Guardian_Maat
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 04:43:40 pm »
there is a lot of engi spammer , and im sure im cannot be considarated as spammer , because , im not spamming ( spawning each times with construction things), i build a weapon rack , some defences, and i THROW , i m banned for abused reasons ( and im very bad in english!)

regards

Offline maat

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 04:46:28 pm »
sorry so , i didnt know that weapon rack was forbidden .................. close Topic , see yu tomorrow...........

Offline maat

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 04:50:03 pm »
i was not abusing with things which block mouvements........ some defence at flag , and a good spot ( weapon rack + some  siege shields + mass javelins)

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 04:50:41 pm »
What makes this confusing is the way it's worded

NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement

Should this be two separate points then?

eg
NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack
NOT OK: spawning more than a few items to block movement

As it currently reads it suggests a weapon rack is only not acceptable when used to block movement/spawn items with the intent to block movement. Where as a weapon rack for equipment (arrows, bolts etc) is acceptable/not covered.

Offline Normanguy

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 04:55:09 pm »
What the hell is your problem.

I jave seen many players spawning seige material to block doors and fates and even towering them up to stop prople entering.
He makes them to use for ammo nothing more doesnt take long to make and every ranged including myself and many others use and thanked him for doing so.
I don't see your issue.

Good luck maat.

Offline maat

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 04:57:40 pm »
thx Vermilion / Achilles

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 05:50:21 pm »
Denied. Building a weapon rack in order to get more ammo is ok, suiciding because you want to spam even more stakes/other obstacles all over the map isn't. That's very annoying for most other players on the server.

Edit: Well, I changed my opinion after checking your ban history again. I will unban you now since it was your first ban and the rules for this might be a little bit unclear. Don't do it again, though.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:57:34 pm by Erzengel »