Author Topic: Splinter Cell Blacklist  (Read 620 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Splinter Cell Blacklist
« on: August 23, 2013, 07:02:31 pm »
Its quite a descent game. Conviction was a piece of garbage game mainly having pewpew going for it. This one is like a mix between the old splinter cell games and the convictiongarbageone with a bit of Assassins Creed added. The combat can be suprisingly fluid for a shooter stealthgame.

Ofcourse I pirated it. I would definately buy it if I sufficient money to get it. Already cause thinking about COOP stealthy shadow tactic using with a parter is making me druuuuuul.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 09:30:48 pm »
ive been told that they just ported it to pc, and its having alot of random issues(SLI issues, textures, crashes, etc. unless they fixed it by now), and was told the multiplayer could have been better. Chaos theory still has the better multiplayer that we all remember and love.  They dumbed down the multiplayer by adding invisible walls to vents, as well as allowing the spies to have smg's to shoot the mercs.  The spies also have some sort of insta-kill grab that can be performed even when toe-to-toe with the big bad merc.  As well as most of the games just turning into deathmatches where the spies dont hide, but just run around killing the mercs with smg's and flashbang/knives.  I was told they have a classic mode, but im not sure if thats true or not, as i dont own it and couldnt tell ya whats included with that. 

Could just be chaos since the game just launched and people dont know how to play yet.

Editing on to add more stuff im reading about:

I dont remember this in the older multiplayer, but your night vision gives you the glowing dots and makes u visible in the dark, kinda pointless lol, might as well not use them then.  Also all the levels are supposedly very small and very well lit unless playing in the classic mode.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:46:26 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 09:35:20 pm »
Only thing I want is the Versus mode, still play the old one from SC3 frequently. But when Project Stealth is finished it will all be perfect.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 02:37:28 am »
Pirated it, beat it. Will buy it once I have some cash saved up. Quite enjoyed it. The multiplayer is supposed to be pretty great to from reviews I've read, and co-op with a friend sounds too fun.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 08:38:37 am »
Guess I'm the only one who actually bought.
But, as always with a high-price game I bought, I won't rush it but enjoy it on every step with looking around and replaying checkpoints several times to get an elegant solution to the map at hand.

It's a huge step forward (or back to the roots) compared to Conviction. Love that the gadgets are actually necessary on higher difficulty :)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.