Author Topic: Unban Sparvico  (Read 665 times)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Unban Sparvico
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:52:53 pm »
Regarding this: http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/ban-sparvico/

The team-bump was not in fact intentional, pyscho was fighting 2 enemies and I attempted to horse-bump them, but being the very bad cav that I am I missed and hit him. The only reason I typed "get fucked" (at the start of the next round no less) was because he reported me before I had a chance to apologize. You will also notice that the screenshot is from the beginning of the next round, and therefor gives no context to the actual event.

Edit: I also feel that, if the team-bump had been intentional, a 12h ban would be a bit excessive given the fact I have no prior ban history, and the ban was applied within 30 minutes of the thread going up, giving me no time to defend myself.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:57:50 pm by Sparvico »
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
Re: Unban Sparvico
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 04:58:42 pm »
I sympathize with you Sparvico. A lot of times I accidentally teamkill teammates and type something like "gf nerd." Not because it's intentional, but because it's funny (at least to me).

Edit: also getting banned 12h for a horse bump? Come on, it happens dozens of times a day in battle. You might as well permaban chestaclese while you're at it
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:02:53 pm by Palurgee »

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 04:59:58 pm »
I would have totally apologized too, but he reported me the second after it happened, and he also jumped back into my horse. I mean I should not have tried to help him obviously, but damn man, damn.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Denam

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyanide_Taffy, Is_This_Annoying, Tianyuan
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 05:01:53 pm »
As a neutral party, I have to say it seemed pretty intentional to me, and the "get fucked" didn't help make it seem less so.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 05:11:44 pm »
I was not there so my opinion does not matter, but I am going to throw it in anyways because #yolo

Any time I get bumped by a team mate and it gets me killed, I report.  It is a matter of being more patient as a cav player to do bump support.  I know it may not have been intentional but it gets really frustrating.

I think what got you in trouble here was taunting him after.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 05:25:38 pm »
I do need to be more careful on horseback, this is absolutely true. I also should have apologized despite him insta-reporting. However the team-bump itself was not intentional, and a 12h ban for not being careful enough on my horse seems a bit silly.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:29:05 pm by Sparvico »

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 05:30:58 pm »
I was not a witness, but in my opinion I think Muki jumped the gun, banning you for 12 hours before you even had a chance to defend yourself. (Or plead guilty)
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 11:09:17 pm »
Just came back from work.

Yes you may want to be careful on the taunts you give to your own team when you fail an assist.

You will be unban.

The reason for the 12hr ban is so it would actually effect your playtime due to this happening so early in the morning since most people who play around that time are about to leave for work or other places. An 2hr ban would had normally be given, but it doesn't really mean a lot if it doesn't effect the player.

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars