Author Topic: do devs even test before implementing?  (Read 9841 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: do devs even test before implementing?
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2013, 10:01:41 pm »
+7
Seems like crpg is just a play ground for devs.

You just described every free mod ever created for any game. If your hobby was oil painting, would you paint what some random art critics wanted you to paint, or would you paint what you enjoyed painting?

My worry is that the dev team will carry over their crpg attitudes to the new game, and it will fail as a result. As both an investor and someone who wants to play the new game, I hope they take a completely different attitude with their paying customers/investors. Developer arrogance has sunk many a promising indie game, but a good relationship with the player community can lead to huge commercial success.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2013, 10:05:47 pm »
Guess its not worth making suggestions anymore.

This^^^^^^^

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2013, 10:07:03 pm »
+5
Seems like crpg is just a play ground for devs. "Lets ignore most of what the community wants, pretend its impossible to do/takes to much time and lets play around with coding or whatever."
Was nudges a suggestion (was it even suggested?) from the community with wide spread approval like other stuff? No.
BUT someone wanted to have fun with coding and made it.
Heres a clear answer.

Guess its not worth making suggestions anymore.

/rage answer

That was the whole point of that big poll "what do you want for cRPG". New features won, so it was a free ticket to add virtually anything. I'm not saying nudges are a horrible thing, but patching up things that don't work quite as well as they should in the parts of the game that already work would have been better if feasible (which is likely not the case).

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2013, 10:13:53 pm »
+2
ok, I'll stop doing stuff for crpg then. bye.

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2013, 10:17:38 pm »
+1
You just described every free mod ever created for any game. If your hobby was oil painting, would you paint what some random art critics wanted you to paint, or would you paint what you enjoyed painting?

My worry is that the dev team will carry over their crpg attitudes to the new game, and it will fail as a result. As both an investor and someone who wants to play the new game, I hope they take a completely different attitude with their paying customers/investors. Developer arrogance has sunk many a promising indie game, but a good relationship with the player community can lead to huge commercial success.
Yes i know its a free mod, but when you got such a big commuinty behind such a mod and part of it is supporting financially the developement of a whole new game. You got to take things seriously.

That was the whole point of that big poll "what do you want for cRPG". New features won, so it was a free ticket to add virtually anything. I'm not saying nudges are a horrible thing, but patching up things that don't work quite as well as they should in the parts of the game that already work would have been better if feasible (which is likely not the case).
Yes, the "new features" was won but closely followed by changing/improving reward (XP/gold) system and
adding new gamemodes (Stronghold, CTF, Conquest, Commander Battle...) Which should show that what the community really wants is not ONLY new features, but all of those other stuffs (nothing was done for the other stuff from what i see).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2013, 10:18:27 pm »

I know you won't  :twisted:

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2013, 10:38:39 pm »

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2013, 10:44:55 pm »
+2
Yes, the "new features" was won but closely followed by changing/improving reward (XP/gold) system and
adding new gamemodes (Stronghold, CTF, Conquest, Commander Battle...) Which should show that what the community really wants is not ONLY new features, but all of those other stuffs (nothing was done for the other stuff from what i see).

We got new siege - conquest, but everyone was raging cause it was impossible to get multi there, so conquest was removed. And though nudge was fucked up at the beginning now it's nice feature according to me. Dunno why you're crying.

Rufio im glad you just realized that coming to the forums is pointless, it does nothing, literally nothing.  Tydeus believes he is now perfection, and the Dev's could give to fucks about what you think.  The only point in coming on the forums is to be a whitty asshole so that you can insult everyones posts and become some sort of renown king.

Yes i know its a free mod, but when you got such a big commuinty behind such a mod and part of it is supporting financially the developement of a whole new game. You got to take things seriously.

Paul isn't dev of Melee BG, didnt get a single coin from you, so why should he care about investors? :P
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:50:49 pm by Falka »

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2013, 10:56:44 pm »
We got new siege - conquest, but everyone was raging cause it was impossible to get multi there, so conquest was removed. And though nudge was fucked up at the beginning now it's nice feature according to me. Dunno why you're crying.

Paul isn't dev of Melee BG, didnt get a single coin from you, so why should he care about investors?

point proven, why post a gif insulting someone.  congratulations

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2013, 11:01:06 pm »
+4
why post a gif insulting someone.

:P

Btw,
The only point in coming on the forums is to be a whitty asshole so that you can insult everyones posts
You're a fucking idiot......

LOL  :P

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:13:50 pm by Falka »

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2013, 11:10:06 pm »
i am getting a feeling that ruffio decided to farm infamy  :mrgreen:
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2013, 11:28:50 pm »

:P

Btw,
LOL  :P

god your good at insulting people behind that monitor, i envy your gif/meme skills.  Anyways can we both agree to quit while ahead, no need to both continue shitting on one another, and in the process the thread.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2013, 12:20:22 am »

bye.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2013, 12:30:00 am »
+12
That's just nonsense. Nobody made you pay. Nobody makes you play.
I'm surprised by this lack of gratitude to be honest. A lot of work and time already went into crpg. Hundreds if not even thousands of hours of spare time and work. Not to mention the money spend for the server. I mean, let's be honest, the few € donated by some people now and then can't even keep one server running for 3 and more years.
I can't wrap my head around it how you could come in here and demand new stuff. You're not even asking nicely but demanding stuff. That is pretty arrogant.
If you don't feel entertained any more, then by all means leave and play something else.
I do understand that there are still a few things in the game that are annoying but especially cmp already stated several times that there are a lot of things that are nearly impossible to fix.
Also, as "Scholar" you should know very well that the focus is on something else right now and, personally, I really hope that it stays that way. With accepting the money of their community, the Donkey Crew has higher responsibilities to the investors than to the players of their free mod. And again, I really hope it stays that way.
I want them to focus on their new project so it can be everything they hope to achieve and we hope to enjoy. So when it comes down to this: Fuck crpg!

Though I wanna point out at this point that I am very grateful to Paul and Tydeus for picking up at this point and that they still try to improve the mod. And everyone else who is working on it and I might not even know about.

Just play the fucking game or leave it be.

Sorry for the wall of text... Back to witty one liners and gif posting :wink:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2013, 12:43:32 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Back to ...... gif posting :wink: