Author Topic: How do I use Strong Bow?  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Shingyboy

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
How do I use Strong Bow?
« on: May 11, 2011, 07:19:27 pm »
I recently bought it but found out ingame I could not use it, what level do I need to be to use it? I am level 16.

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
Re: How do I use Strong Bow?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:21:34 pm »
Power draw
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:32:11 pm »
You need 5 power draw (for bows requirement = power draw).

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:15:36 pm »
As they said, 5 powerdraw.

5 powerdraw = 15 str.

i can also mention, if ur going as a archer u need alot of wpf in archery!
I prefer the strongbow, sometimes i use the longbow against heavy infantery:)

Good luck on ur build :)

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:26:53 pm »
You need something ike 30wpn on bows for each 1 PD.
5 PD = 150 wpn for nice use of the arch

Offline Shingyboy

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 10:53:02 pm »
I am pretty new to this thanks guys, you guys have any tips on how I should build him?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 11:16:25 pm »
I am pretty new to this thanks guys, you guys have any tips on how I should build him?

If you are using a strongbow then you really should not bother with a high PD, for the Warbow and Longbow were invented for a reason.

For all builds, do not exceed 7 lbs of total armor. Count gloves as weighing twice as much, and helmets as three times. A good tip is that your helmet is pretty much for looks as you are so lightly armoured anyone will headshot you regardless of what you have on your head (Hence why I use a felt cap, it weighs zero and just looks shnazzy). Also remember that you do not need to buy multiples of items, so if you buy just one quiver or arrows, then you can assign it to multiple slots for multiple quivers. Pretty cool right?

The following Build is suitable for hitting rather hard and getting out of trouble. Head Shots are possible for mid range, for long range please go for chest shots. 1 Strongbow and Three quivers of bodkins are suitable for most fights. If the server populace is lightly armoured (nothing above heraldric mail mainly) just use standard arrows as you will not miss the extra 4 points of damage, as you will still two or three shot the usual targets.
(click to show/hide)

The Following Build is suitable for if you find yourself able to defend yourself properly in melee and want to bash someone senseless.
Strongbow, two quivers of your favorite arrows, your favorite one hander.
(click to show/hide)

The following build is good if you want to get nice long range headshots and still run away from trouble properly. This build arguably benefits the most once you have heirloomed your bow a few times. Again, Strongbow and three quivers.
Before heirlooming
(click to show/hide)
After Heirlooming or if you are confident of your ability to headshot often.
(click to show/hide)

Have fun.  :)

EDIT: Use this if you want to experiment, it will be your best friend:
http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:23:13 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 12:16:51 am »
If you are using a strongbow then you really should not bother with a high PD, for the Warbow and Longbow were invented for a reason.

Sure, even with strongbow more PD = more damage (but 9 is max that benefits it). You might want to upgrade for warbow for even more damage, but with strongbow you can use 1h weapons and horses. It also has 4 more speed.

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 03:10:02 am »
My build is prolly gonna be like this when i reach lvl 30!

18/21

5 PS (powerstrike)
4 Atletichs
6 PD (powerdraw)
7 WM (Weaponmaster)
164 wpf archery!

And im using the Masterwork strongbow(took some time to get it, now im gonna use it like hell!)

if u choose this build ur also able to defend urself in a melee combat :)

Offline Shingyboy

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 12:29:58 pm »
This is all very interesting thanks guys.

But  to ask another question is Strong Bow the best choice to go with? I was only asking about the Strong Bow because it was the most expensive I could afford at the time I mean is it worth going for the more expensive bows?

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 12:53:31 pm »
But  to ask another question is Strong Bow the best choice to go with? I was only asking about the Strong Bow because it was the most expensive I could afford at the time I mean is it worth going for the more expensive bows?

Personally I do not like the Strong Bow (gut feeling, plus the fact that everybody and his dog is using it... )
Advantage is the fact that it takes only one slot in the freaking new slot system, so you can still carry 2 quivers and a decent one slot melee weapon.
I have used the warbow most of the time, currently I have a masterwork long bow and will probably stick with it. Pierce damage and slightly higher arrow speed, and if you have it heirloomed and enough WPF in archery it is not that slow.
Of the small bows I prefer the Khergit - fast, cheaper, and quite deadly with Bodkins.

Regarding builds: I used to go strength archer (PD9 or 10), but that was before the patch where I could wield a decent 2H sword and high powerstrike made sense. Now that hybrids (ARCHER-hybrids, 2h/pole and other crap still works...) are dead, I went for a
21/21 build, so I just have 7 PD, but the pierce damage of the longbow and masterworked bodkins make up for it.
And with 160+ WPF in archery you are definitely more accurate than with 130, what I had before...
No points in anything else, only powerdraw and weapon master, athletics and such are for pussies... ;-)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 04:52:41 pm »
Prepatch, like 4 months ago i used the longbow, but after i while i got sick of it..it was so damn slow! After that ive been uinsg the strongbow, the dmg is Ok, its accurate, and i personally prefer it :)

My advice as a archer to another archer: Buy the strongbow, if u dont like it, save up enough money for the other bows :)

GL & HF!

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 05:08:26 pm »
You need something ike 30wpn on bows for each 1 PD.
5 PD = 150 wpn for nice use of the arch
I'm pretty sure that you need 14 wpf on bows for each PD point.

Offline Shingyboy

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 10:51:41 pm »
A quick question on armour and the whole rule about gloves weighing twice as much and helms 3 times as much what do you mean by lbs? if I had a piece of armour that said weight 5 would is that what you mean?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 02:16:21 am »
A quick question on armour and the whole rule about gloves weighing twice as much and helms 3 times as much what do you mean by lbs? if I had a piece of armour that said weight 5 would is that what you mean?

Yes.  :)
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.