Poll

Should justice be dealt to people telling other people to kill themselves over the internet? Especially if they are emotionally compromised?

Yes
5 (45.5%)
No
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: May 10, 2016, 10:41:54 pm

Author Topic: Ban Request - RoR_SugarHoe  (Read 556 times)

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
Ban Request - RoR_SugarHoe
« on: August 14, 2013, 10:32:06 pm »
1. Name of your character involved
Assington of Frisia

2. Name of offending character(s)
RoR_SugarHoe

3. Time and server, as accurately as possible
NA_Duel, 2:30 PM CST

4. Written description of what happened, the whole story. Also what happened before and after.
I hopped on the duel server to try and populate it with some fun duels, then I saw my 'friend' SugarHoe hop on and got excited. We had a fun duel in which I did not entice him to insult at all, but he told me to 'stfu' and... kill myself... I am a very emotional young man and cannot imagine committing atrocities such as homicide upon my own body.

5. Why you think the offender did what he did.
I don't know, I thought he was my friend.

6. Multiple Screenshots
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

7. Names of players that can witness what happened.
Balian_ofthe_2ndCrusade was in TS with me, I explained my emotions to him and told him what happened. He took me under his wing in such an emotional time.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
Re: Ban Request - RoR_SugarHoe
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 10:39:39 pm »
I'd repeat what I said in your previous thread but even then it was far too much effort on my part for the situation. Allow me to give you the summary: If you can't handle someone insulting you then use your client side mute function or turn off the game and go outside. No one is getting banned because they told you to kill yourself over the internet.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
Re: Ban Request - RoR_SugarHoe
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 10:40:13 pm »
While I'm not going to ban (Insert random name your complaining about this time) I'll remind everyone to respect other players as much as possible. You never know who's on the other end of your insult and it's entirely possible that you could throw the straw that breaks the camel's back. However Palurgee has raised a valid point, if you feel harassed/threatened/etc. by another player's words then the last thing you should do is responding in kind.

We're not here to play internet censorship 2013, try to enjoy the game and be mature. That means don't be some troll or e-thug who's trying to ruin lives through a game, and if someone tries to do it to you have the presence of mind to realize that they're just acting poorly. If playing the game is stressing you out or the source of negative emotions it's a sign to turn it off and take a step back, don't pull a Huey and put a hole in your wall.

If you really are suffering from severe emotional instability then I strongly advise you to take a break from playing a game that's populated by 90% trolls and seek professional help.

Edit. ^ he beat me to it.