Author Topic: Transfering garbage to a fief under siege  (Read 6803 times)

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
Re: Transfering garbage to a fief under siege
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2013, 05:38:07 am »
+4
To be fair, everyone I ever talked to back then thought armor contributed to the limit at the time.

(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2013, 05:30:19 pm »
+1
FCC 101st typing keyboardists, UNITE!

Seriously, FCC is the most gamey faction out there, why the fuck wouldn't LL attack as soon as the battle is over?

I personally wish more factions were able to be "civil" about their wars (it's a game after all and why not try to have some fun while we play).  It would be nice if factions gave the defending fief owner a couple minutes after a battle to get the gear out and be in a position to defend properly.  It would also be nice if the defenders coordinated to reduce the numbers of troops in their fief so that the attackers didn't have to attack with more than 1500-1800 troops. 

But FCC set the precedent to be as gamey as possible to win at any cost, so why would anyone treat you differently?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2013, 07:42:19 pm »
+1
FCC 101st typing keyboardists, UNITE!

Seriously, FCC is the most gamey faction out there, why the fuck wouldn't LL attack as soon as the battle is over?

I personally wish more factions were able to be "civil" about their wars (it's a game after all and why not try to have some fun while we play).  It would be nice if factions gave the defending fief owner a couple minutes after a battle to get the gear out and be in a position to defend properly.  It would also be nice if the defenders coordinated to reduce the numbers of troops in their fief so that the attackers didn't have to attack with more than 1500-1800 troops. 

But FCC set the precedent to be as gamey as possible to win at any cost, so why would anyone treat you differently?

Because transfering your garbage to a fief to mess with their item list is against the rules and gaining advantage out of someone breaking rules is not the same as just attacking as soon as possible after the last siege. Also, saying that attacking right away is some dirty FCC tactic is pretty dumb. Just about every faction that has ever had to launch multiple attacks in order to take (or attempt to take) a fief has done the same thing. LCO and VE were both doing the same thing during their war. It is simply the norm. Also, I don't blame them in the least for attacking as soon as the previous battle is over in every other instance that they did it. My only complaint was that they tried to stick me with the random gear someone had dumped in my fief against the rules rather than working with me to ensure they did not gain an unfair advantage as a result of someone cheating. I think it is pretty low that they knew it happened and tried their damnedest to gain advantage out of it.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2013, 07:54:02 pm »
+1
Notice I didn't make a comment about item bombing a fief?  I just assumed it was obvious I'm not condoning that.  That is a dirty tactic and if it was LL, than shame on them.

I didn't say attacking right away after a siege is a dirty tactic.  And I never said that attacking with tons of different types of gear is a dirty FCC tactic.  I simply said that it would be cool if the attackers/defenders were able to do some coordination so that we are relying on the fight to be the deciding factor, not who can game the strategus system the best.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2013, 01:28:27 am »
+2
so that my gear list would bug out...

Now now sir, you your self said it was insufficient to cause the gear bug.

It's too late to take the fingers back but it seems like everyone's panties are in the proverbial twist and we really have no evidence to say who did what to whom.

So why don't we all just settle petal and get back to the murder.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2013, 02:27:32 am »
Now now sir, you your self said it was insufficient to cause the gear bug.

It's too late to take the fingers back but it seems like everyone's panties are in the proverbial twist and we really have no evidence to say who did what to whom.

So why don't we all just settle petal and get back to the murder.

it wouldn't cause a bug in that first battle because i had so few item types in order to last for two battles without having to check my gear... but by dumping that in it guaranteed that i would have the bug for the second battle (if things had gone differently)

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2013, 01:28:00 pm »
hi im here for the shit slinging contest

so this is what i gather
fcc gets mad because someone item bombed them
someone claims fcc item bombed earlier this year
some kesh drama
someone bitching about canary being a neutral admin or something?
he said she said argument

damn this is bad. cant everyone just kiss and make up? greatsage item bombed and so did fcc. there. are we done now?

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2013, 08:58:43 pm »

damn this is bad. cant everyone just kiss and make up? greatsage item bombed and nothing has been done about it. there, are we done now?

fixed that for you.

I would like rules to be updated to better reflect how things actually are in strat. Maybe add a rule that states "You may freely break all of the previously stated rules so long as you are only fucking over FCC with your rule breaking."

I think most of us are getting a bit tired of people calling us cheaters because they don't like us and even more tired of people actually cheating to gain advantage on us and generally getting away with it every fucking time while crying about how evil FCC is as an excuse for actually cheating at the game. Just because our enemies are delusional and can't handle that we got where we are by playing smart doesn't mean it is ok to use cheats against us. Also, playing smart is not cheating; like it or not, FCC is one of the most honourable factions in strat.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:07:10 pm by Matey »

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2013, 09:36:28 pm »
Also, playing smart is not cheating; like it or not, FCC is one of the most honourable factions in strat.

in you are dreams

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »
people believe what they want matey. Let them cheat and blame that cheating on us.
Leader of BS

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2013, 10:02:18 pm »
fcc are manifestos of panos
burn panos
also i am hey zeus whatup dog

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2013, 10:22:47 pm »
+3
I would like rules to be updated to better reflect how things actually are in strat. Maybe add a rule that states "You may freely break all of the previously stated rules so long as you are only fucking over FCC with your rule breaking."

Presently, there is no proof as to who put the items into the fief. There is also, therefore, no proof of intentional or incidental rulebreaking. The fact that the people who can see it haven't looked into it yet(presumably) is indeed a problem...

I think most of us are getting a bit tired of people calling us cheaters because they don't like us and even more tired of people actually cheating to gain advantage on us and generally getting away with it every fucking time while crying about how evil FCC is as an excuse for actually cheating at the game. Just because our enemies are delusional and can't handle that we got where we are by playing smart doesn't mean it is ok to use cheats against us. Also, playing smart is not cheating; like it or not, FCC is one of the most honourable factions in strat.

...however, to act as though you're the only ones falling prey to the broken game systems (that allow players to cheat or otherwise take advantage of unintended mechanics) doesn't help assuage the feelings of players who post unfavorable things about you. You're not the only ones having problems, you're simply the most outspoken; being the most outspoken gives you the most responses, and because in the game you have as a faction drawn the ire of a large amount of players they are bound to lean towards the ill response.

Being "honorable" is relative. Not everyone feels the same way you do about your faction. Furthermore, to place blame on someone before having the facts about the matter is the opposite of honorable, as far as I'm concerned, and it's what you've been doing this entire thread.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2013, 11:02:55 pm »
+1
Presently, there is no proof as to who put the items into the fief. There is also, therefore, no proof of intentional or incidental rulebreaking. The fact that the people who can see it haven't looked into it yet(presumably) is indeed a problem...

...however, to act as though you're the only ones falling prey to the broken game systems (that allow players to cheat or otherwise take advantage of unintended mechanics) doesn't help assuage the feelings of players who post unfavorable things about you. You're not the only ones having problems, you're simply the most outspoken; being the most outspoken gives you the most responses, and because in the game you have as a faction drawn the ire of a large amount of players they are bound to lean towards the ill response.

Being "honorable" is relative. Not everyone feels the same way you do about your faction. Furthermore, to place blame on someone before having the facts about the matter is the opposite of honorable, as far as I'm concerned, and it's what you've been doing this entire thread.

Of course they don't feel the same way. Everyone interprets things as they like. But just cause people don't like us doesn't make any of their beliefs about us even remotely true. You can call me dishonourable for making a thread reporting someone throwing junk into my fief when it was under siege but I actually would like people to follow the rules in strat. You can call me dishonourable because during the course of this thread the identity of the person who dumped things became fairly obvious (if still unproven). But seeing as you yourself have demonstrated your willingness to break written agreements and backstab friends for minor strat gains you may forgive me if I don't take your lectures about honour very seriously. I realize that venting my frustration won't change anyone's mind and that I would be better off just keeping my mouth shut while people continue to call us cheaters in order to justify people cheating against us, but I get sick of false accusations. Many of us in the FCC have done our best to play fairly and honourably, to stick to our word and to work with others and it gets really fucking tired having people labelling us as the bad guys while others who openly cheat are considered the good guys. I'm also not just referring to the topic of this thread but a culmination of various other incidents and so on. I get that we have the most enemies and so we will get the most shit talked about us; I just wish they would at least refrain from making up bullshit accusations about cheating.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2013, 11:16:54 pm »
FCC is one of the most honourable factions in strat.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2013, 11:19:19 pm »
Of course they don't feel the same way. Everyone interprets things as they like. But just cause people don't like us doesn't make any of their beliefs about us even remotely true. You can call me dishonourable for making a thread reporting someone throwing junk into my fief when it was under siege but I actually would like people to follow the rules in strat. You can call me dishonourable because during the course of this thread the identity of the person who dumped things became fairly obvious (if still unproven). But seeing as you yourself have demonstrated your willingness to break written agreements and backstab friends for minor strat gains you may forgive me if I don't take your lectures about honour very seriously. I realize that venting my frustration won't change anyone's mind and that I would be better off just keeping my mouth shut while people continue to call us cheaters in order to justify people cheating against us, but I get sick of false accusations. Many of us in the FCC have done our best to play fairly and honourably, to stick to our word and to work with others and it gets really fucking tired having people labelling us as the bad guys while others who openly cheat are considered the good guys. I'm also not just referring to the topic of this thread but a culmination of various other incidents and so on. I get that we have the most enemies and so we will get the most shit talked about us; I just wish they would at least refrain from making up bullshit accusations about cheating.
In particular:
 But seeing as you yourself have demonstrated your willingness to break written agreements and backstab friends for minor strat gains you may forgive me if I don't take your lectures about honour very seriously.

First off, I'd like to say that any breaking of written agreements and backstabbing we've ever done has been for more enjoyment in strat because we were bored with the way strat was going at the time or because we don't like to be seen as the clan who does nothing. (we do nothing btw)

Secondly, e-honor. Seriously. E-honor, that's what this is turning into. If we're talking "honor" in any sense, it's a mere opinion based on whoever is stating it. If Canary says that he feels honor means one thing, and you discount that based on your idea of what honor means, you're just pouring gas on the fire. Stop arguing over pedantic shit. Canary, why do you even respond to something like the word honor and use it as a point? Like, stop nitpicking the guy over stupid shit that was probably mis-worded in the first place.

I'm sure everyone agrees that item-bombing is an issue in strat. However, when you only bring to the table occurrences that affected your own faction, you're going to seem like the people who complain for their own gain. Bring multiple examples, and a proper discussion so people can talk about the issue at large instead of clawing at each others necks.

Also, on that note: If you're going to mention specific people Matey, you have to be prepared for an argument. Don't backpedal and act like god sends when they come into the thread to defend themselves. Though, to be fair, I think everyone should just stop mentioning names. Even large inferences are going to start something.

Fuck this game.