Author Topic: Stop trying to abuse the market  (Read 3418 times)

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
Re: Stop trying to abuse the market
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 12:08:33 am »
It wouldn't look retarded  to anyone who isn't a noob because to anyone who has played C-RPG for a while knows people do the "for a stone trades" to give items and gold etc to someone else.

Yes, we know but suggestion for bot as trade inspector might not know that. Someone suggested bot as a financial police :P
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2013, 12:15:11 am »
+2
Oh god guys, relax. Getting scammed at the marketplace is just another experience in this mod, if you heaven't been scammed you heaven't played the mod!

Let the scammers scam, their hoarding looms is overcompensating for RL shortcomings anyways  :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2013, 12:50:11 am »
+3
Oh god guys, relax. Getting scammed at the marketplace is just another experience in this mod, if you heaven't been scammed you heaven't played the mod!

Let the scammers scam, their hoarding looms is overcompensating for RL shortcomings anyways  :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
actually i use same techniques in crpg market place as IRL (and it works! :3)
Marketplace is one of the best thing that happened to crpg. If you guys cant avoid those stupid offers on the market place, then you deserve to be scammed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:53:32 am by JackieChan »
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2013, 12:57:55 am »
+8
actually i use same techniques in crpg market place as IRL (and it works! :3)
Marketplace is one of the best thing that happened to crpg. If you guys cant avoid those stupid offers on the market place, then you deserve to be scammed.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Just A Random Pizza Guy

• Count
  • Renown: 153
  • Infamy: 3
  • Bottom Shot NA/Ban thread Attorney.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul/Fuck Ravens
  • Game nicks: Random_Pizza_Guy
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2013, 01:03:33 am »
+1
I know that no one is forcing me to buy his stuff, but god it grinds my gears when I see things like that, this community has turned into a gold+looms eating machine, everyone is trying to jew everyone, just  to gain some gold.

I mean, look at this guy, he`s asking 1.55 for his armours, while at the same time, someone can buy 3 loom points for 1.20~

If people could actually make logical offers/requests, that would be cooler, I hate it when I have an armour that I know that another guy want`s and vice versa , but he won`t do a trade until I give him so gold, but dude, I have the armour you want to use, and you have the armour I want to use, why do you have to be such a gold digger??

I think that the devs should add a bot at the marketplace, that it would detect retarded requests, and then bitchslap the requester.

(click to show/hide)
The thing is loom prices fluctuate. It's based off of what people are willing to pay. Which means sooner or later this guy, and others like him will either get lucky and sell this stuff because people wanted it badly and then sell other items for the same price( I mean, if you can make 300K why wouldn't you?). Or they don't sell it and eventually knock their prices down.  Too bad CRPG isn't communist, then we could all own our loom's together!

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2013, 08:27:51 am »
+1
I try to always trade for a profit. I'm not picky about what item I get. If I can trade my !H for another 1H + gold, I'll do it. If someone really wants my +3, they can trade a similar +3 with some gold on the side. They get what they want for a nearly 1:1 trade and I score a little gold to cover upkeep if I find an expensive item I really want to keep for a while.

Balanced builds can use nearly any weapon of the same type to good effect. I make someone else happy and I get a fresh playstyle to master. I think everyone wins in this situation.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2013, 08:30:34 am »
There is a big difference in trying to have a small profit, and jewing someone out

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2013, 09:01:54 am »
I usually try to trade +3 for +3 and done. If its a different price class (like trading a +3 quarter staff for a great long axe) I dont mind paying some gold but all those "ok I'll put the trade up if you add a little gold - how much? - 100k is enough" are for the shit.

In the meanwhile I also had some trades up where I demanded money (like 20k or something), didnt work out anyway and I wont do it anymore.
Sure everybody is looking to make a good trade but some offers are just... mindblowing

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 09:11:11 am »
+3
Ahhh, Panos, i always knew you were a commie.

Offline Armycook_of_KSantiago

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • No mercy! No retreat! No remorse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2013, 05:05:10 am »
i can buy everything with 2 lps+300k, 2 lps+ less than 100k for weapons(except longsword and miaodao)
so NEVAR LOOM STUFF  ^_^
Dinner is served!
(click to show/hide)

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2013, 05:10:11 am »
+1

but its always a cunty euro

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2013, 08:19:32 am »
+1
Only looms that belong to me were done through gens, 3 MW total. If I feel the need for some loomed armor there is usually something I can borrow from armoury. Beyond that the only use I have for the market is selling the occasional loompoints from lvl'd alts to feed my expensive cav habit. Of course there's gonna be complete assholes who feed off of other people's idiocy or impatience. That filth is present whenever you set up any kind of trading in any game. You aren't forced to interact with them in any way. Just like in RL they like to think they are the driving force and heart of capitalism, when really they are the antithesis of production. Just parasites who convince themselves they are beneficial to their host organism. "Speculators", the most worthless job in existence, and paradoxically one of the highest paid.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2013, 10:02:09 am »
+1
... The people demanding some kind of "nanny state" solution are the fucking retards.

The people with shit offers won't make money. Ignore them and get on with business ffs.

If you don't want to pay gold in, don't!

FUCKING NUMPTIES!

Bad Panos, you make me sad with your commieness.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2013, 12:05:49 pm »
i realy hate when someone offers something like this

courser + 50k for heavy lance and 1 lp. I sometimes almost accept those offers cuz i use low resolution i don't always see that they want 1 lp on top.
It isn't the time i made mistake in accepting offers that are bad i once thought i sell elite scimitar,but i sold my elite cav shield and once i payed 50k instead of guy paying me 50k.
Tripleread everything on the market. If not; it's your own damn fault.