Author Topic: Do you play Strat for XP?  (Read 1988 times)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
Re: Do you play Strat for XP?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 01:55:05 pm »
+3
Less ranged in a strategus battle than on EU1 but a lot more pikers&hoplites. -> +/-

Quicker spawning. -> +

More experience is less grinding l8r. -> +

No upkeep, you can tincan urself and not pay for that. -> +

Often fucked up terrain with mountains bushes and stupidly placed castles. -> -

Bugapults, empty walls covering all of the screen, bushes errywhere, heavy cav bumps errywhere errybody. -> -

Hetman's jokes/leading. -> ++

Summing up, Strategus battles have their moments here and there but they may turn out to be great fun but also a ragesource.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 01:58:42 pm »
I find strat battles (purely as a horsethrower, playing any other class, even with proper build and gear, sucks) way more fun than cRPG battles, strat sieges suck as though.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 03:36:38 pm »
+1
I think the fighting is the best game mode.

I love that everyone on he same team has the same options for gear and usually it's +3 for both teams (fuck retiring 12 times for armor and 3 times for each weapon you regularly use).

It's the only game mode with proper tactics and if you sign up for different factions you get to see how different people lead a battle.

I also like when you win you feel that you have made it worth the time and effort people have put into traveling around the map trading and buying gear whilst trying to recruit enough troops to defend their lands and attack others.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 03:52:51 pm »
Strat isn't that much work for clan organizers.  Thanks to extremely helpful players like dodnet and Butan who developed add-ons to clean up the awful UI, it now only takes me about 5 minutes to slap together an army (used to be A LOT worse).

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 04:36:01 pm »
+1
I only play strat just because of the xp, I don't play other modes because you can get 1 mil xp for 90 min playing which would take lots of time on other modes.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 04:44:46 pm »
+3
I actually stopped playing Strat some months ago, after realizing how frustrated and pissed off I was at the end of every single battle. The constant lagfest on the big battles and the low chance of being accepted into one side were really troublesome.

Then it was the last drop when AI battles got removed. That was the only chance for most players to get into the good battles, and got revoked instead of tweaked.

Nowadays I only play for fun, playing for xp is just another brainless grindfest.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 04:50:46 pm »
I used to play if I felt like playing (semi) seriously for a while, actually following orders, helping teammates and so on, instead of randomly messing around in EU2, but the lagfest and extremely low fps made me stop it. Not even the promise of tons of xp would make me go for it again, and I might not even show up if my character gets attacked on the map...

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 04:52:58 pm »
The only reason I play strat is for the XP, that's it. There's no other motivation or even interest in strat for me other than the insane XP you get from large sieges. If normal games gave this amount of XP I wouldn't be playing strat.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 04:53:59 pm »
Strat battles and sieges only for XP and nothing else. Personally I really hate strat battles. Freaking hours straight playing the exact same map, with the exact same people doing the exact same tactics almost the entire time. I know that this is what generally a descent battle should be like. But jesus, I cant help it, I just get so freaking bored the first 50 minutes. Also I dont play strat on the map anymore. I used to, simply cause I wanted to help my faction out, but now im not even doing that anymore.

Offline Testicleez

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Testicleez
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »
I wish the admins, devs, or whoever would create an official 'cRPG League.' Could have it's own tab on www.c-rpg.net. A season could last 12 weeks, each week your faction has a match against another faction (12 matches total for the season), and at the end of the season the top 8 teams would compete in a round-robin bracket. Maybe reward the 1st-place team with a cool little gold trophy icon, silver for 2nd, and so on. Maybe give the winners a gold prize?

These obviously wouldn't be huge 50v50 matches with mercs, etc. They would be 8v8 or some number around that. Only a small amount of XP could be given, I think most factions would do it strictly for the competition & bragging rights. I think this would also inspire a lot of people to create their own teams, unlike in strat where you need a lot of resources/people beforehand.

I've seen a few little unofficial leagues created by the community, but they never seem to pan out in the long-run due to it becoming unorganized or unpopularity amongst the entire cRPG community. With an official league, I believe a lot of players would get involved. I bet this has been suggested multiple times, but I just wanted to throw it out there anyways. 8-)

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 10:45:03 pm »
I wish the admins, devs, or whoever would create an official 'cRPG League.' Could have it's own tab on www.c-rpg.net. A season could last 12 weeks, each week your faction has a match against another faction (12 matches total for the season), and at the end of the season the top 8 teams would compete in a round-robin bracket. Maybe reward the 1st-place team with a cool little gold trophy icon, silver for 2nd, and so on. Maybe give the winners a gold prize?

These obviously wouldn't be huge 50v50 matches with mercs, etc. They would be 8v8 or some number around that. Only a small amount of XP could be given, I think most factions would do it strictly for the competition & bragging rights. I think this would also inspire a lot of people to create their own teams, unlike in strat where you need a lot of resources/people beforehand.

I've seen a few little unofficial leagues created by the community, but they never seem to pan out in the long-run due to it becoming unorganized or unpopularity amongst the entire cRPG community. With an official league, I believe a lot of players would get involved. I bet this has been suggested multiple times, but I just wanted to throw it out there anyways. 8-)

http://forum.meleegaming.com/events/crpg-eu-clan-league/

It's in the second season and money is being given by a dev to the winner.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 10:47:04 pm »
Doubt many people would play strat without the glorious xp

Offline Testicleez

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Testicleez
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 10:49:46 pm »
http://forum.meleegaming.com/events/crpg-eu-clan-league/

It's in the second season and money is being given by a dev to the winner.

That's an 'official' league? I've never heard of it, lol. Maybe because I'm NA... But I'm talking about something on the actual website, nice & organized where everyone can see.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 11:17:40 pm »
Nope. Before I was level 35 I played for XP, now I hop into Strat battles to see if the dynamic has changed (does Strength remain the dominant attribute among melee? is everyone wearing plate?) and leave disappointed most of the time.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.