Author Topic: Do you play Strat for XP?  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Do you play Strat for XP?
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:39:42 am »
+3
Heaven't played much recently,  but when I do it's strictly for XP, I have never been into strat myself too much, am not a member of any faction in strat so I don't have an "obligation" to fight and I don't like or dislike anybody enough to go fight for or against them on regular basis.

I prefere themed multiclan fights and tournament scene like what was going on while Strat was not online.

Seen some faction members say strat is great XP and the reason they play it. Don't believe that should be your main motivation to play strat as a faction member. mercing out is another thing, being a merc is all about the money (XP in this case)

So why do you guys play it, pure XP, fun, big battles..? Do you think people would still play it as much without the crazy amout of XP?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zeniues

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Do you play Strat for XP?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:53:33 am »
If you're asking whether people play strat to get xp for their characters? Then no. It would be an insane amount of work to set up just for XP. You'd have to create a faction, attack someone else, forge alliances so that people would join your roster, and then constantly produce troops and attack other people who also had enough alliances to fill up a roster for good XP, who would then counterattack you for your aggressions.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:57:22 am »
If you're asking whether people play strat to get xp for their characters? Then no. It would be an insane amount of work to set up just for XP. You'd have to create a faction, attack someone else, forge alliances so that people would join your roster, and then constantly produce troops and attack other people who also had enough alliances to fill up a roster for good XP, who would then counterattack you for your aggressions.

I understand the faction leaders don't play it for the XP, exactly like you wrote they would have to be mad to do so, but in your roster you'll have maybe 5/10 people involved in planing and diplomacy while the rest are there to fight. I'm interested in those people motivation to do so.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Teddy bear

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Teddy_bear
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:02:55 am »
+4
Playing Strat for Vovka, DRZ, Mother Russia and EXP (in no particular order, except Vovka is on 1-st place ofc :) )!
Due to I'm heavy retiring addict can't play it much though :(

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 10:06:59 am »
+4
I don't play in strat as a clan player, I'm not a member of any clan in strategus, my dot just stays in some castle and do nothing. I'm also very high lvl and don't really care about xp, so the only reason why I play it - and I play it almost exclusively recently - is fun :P Strat battles are much more intensive than battles on EU1 or even sieges, they're like organised TDM which I always missed in cRPG. Not to mention 100 players on the server and all stuff which is builded there, which makes it really epic sometimes :P

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 10:13:44 am »
+4
When this round started out, I actually tried to get into it. Like a trader, making money (Silver nowadays - how fancy...) and just... you know... randomly going placed and trying to do something with sense instead of just ignoring it.

But I ended up being attacked from all sides a few times in a row. Even missed the first battle completely cuz there nothing that noticed me and I wasn't checking my coloured blob on that jpg-map daily. It wouldn't have been as demotivating as it was if it wasn't Fallen, SB and another big clan/faction dude attacking instead of another lonely randomer...

The battles turned out rather well for me. I actually managed to get a proper roster vs the Fallen guy and won. Against the SB EU3 bugged out, I got the default win as defender and got a shitload of equipment for free from it.
Yea, that's not helping to motivate to invest time into it when EU3 bugging around is enough to make you loose everything. Less harmful for the SB fellow cuz "big faction" but imagine this happening to a lonely randomer... devastating.

Anyway, I like strat battle for the effort that is put into trying something similar to formations and tactics. Actually the xp is just a nice side effect then. I rather have an organized tactical battle then some more of EU1 gameplay and a shitload of xp.
Unfortunately, most of the time it is still chaotic in teamspeak. People who think they are brilliant keep shouting in between the guys actually in charge and won't shut up. Then some Russians or Turks not able to speak English and in dire need of a translator who speaks gibberish into the channel so that listening to the "commander" is actually kinda hard...

/rant[
I just wish 2 things would happen: Everyone! Please learn at least basic English. You don't have to speak it, just understand it (would be helpful if the "commander" would try to speak as clearly and simple as possible at least when giving a command)! Aaand... show some discipline for fucks sake! If they say "all shielder bat 1" then go to bat 1... IT AIN'T SO FUCKING HARD!
]

Yea, that basicly. My 2 cents... Flame on!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 11:52:13 am »
+1
I play strat only to cause havoc against DRZ & GO.

And thats why I only merc for Mercs, Fallen and Templars.

I once did the mistake to apply for GO, left 5 minutes after the battle started becuase Hetmans voice annoyed me.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 11:55:13 am »
I only play if someone asks me, really. Which is why I've fought for most clans.

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 12:15:40 pm »
+1
I like the XP yes, but I've seen a whole community not sign up for certain factions leaving the other with less than 51 mercs so, people say they only want XP but I never believe their lies......To bad I work prime time hours so I'll be slaying EU fools in their not to many strat battles.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 12:25:24 pm »
Make a poll.  :wink:

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 12:33:09 pm »
Only for xp, there are some battles where you can have fun but most of the time its just boring.

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 12:34:16 pm »
As a bandit my only wish and motivation in strat is to wreak havoc across the land and get as powerfull as possible in order to take revenge for all the grief that i had to endure, since i´m only a little lowlife bandit without allies  :(

Especially the coalition needs to get punished for several crimes against me!
Or those pesky little rangers and their ally Zlisch

I don´t play for xp since i mostly don´t get acceptet for big battles so fun is all that matters for me

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 12:39:22 pm »
so the only reason why I play it - and I play it almost exclusively recently - is fun :P Strat battles are much more intensive than battles on EU1 or even sieges, they're like organised TDM which I always missed in cRPG. Not to mention 100 players on the server and all stuff which is builded there, which makes it really epic sometimes :P

This

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 01:22:11 pm »
No becuz I never got accepted into battles.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 01:29:22 pm »
+1
Coming from darkfall where you actually lived in the cities you sieged, fighting for instanced territory on a 2d map always seemed extremely pointless. still don't understand why anyone gives a monkey about it, other than for uber l33t exp.

strat was fun when it first came out since it was something different to the usual battle mode. but I wish the devs didnt spend the next couple years developing/balancing/reiterating it, when they could have been focusing on improving crpg - or starting this melee game years earlier.