Doctor
Garbage Man
Video Game Designer
Army/Marine/Special Forces
President
Archaeologist
Teacher
Drug Dealer

Author Topic: [NA] Phantasmal  (Read 20205 times)

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: [NA] Phantasmal
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2013, 06:21:27 am »
+4
answer: the computer consol
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2013, 07:30:25 am »
+1
Both PS4 and X1 are too expensive for my tastes. Even so, most of their games I will already be able to play on my PC. The launch games are underwhelming and PS4 won't get many good games until next Spring at least. X1 has a better launch, but in the long run, it's just going to get PC multiplats so it's already done for me. Going to wait a few years to see if it's a better deal. I can't stand FPS on consoles.

Having tons of fun with my 3DS, so I don't have much use of a Wii U right now. I am currently waiting for a deal I can't pass up or when the next smash brothers comes out, whichever comes first. There's only a few games I want currently, but it's not enough to warrant a purchase, especially when there are many more 3DS games as well as my current PC backlog. I am looking forward to Bayonetta, X, Fire Emblem x SMT, etc. next year. Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, and Pikmin 3 I may get if I find them cheap.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2013, 08:25:44 am »
Both PS4 and X1 are too expensive for my tastes. Even so, most of their games I will already be able to play on my PC. The launch games are underwhelming and PS4 won't get many good games until next Spring at least. X1 has a better launch, but in the long run, it's just going to get PC multiplats so it's already done for me. Going to wait a few years to see if it's a better deal. I can't stand FPS on consoles.

Having tons of fun with my 3DS, so I don't have much use of a Wii U right now. I am currently waiting for a deal I can't pass up or when the next smash brothers comes out, whichever comes first. There's only a few games I want currently, but it's not enough to warrant a purchase, especially when there are many more 3DS games as well as my current PC backlog. I am looking forward to Bayonetta, X, Fire Emblem x SMT, etc. next year. Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, and Pikmin 3 I may get if I find them cheap.

I bought a 3DS when Fire Emblem: Awakening came out (completely worth it, but the older animations were more thrilling in my opinion) and in anticipation for Pokemon X&Y. I was thinking of buying a Wii U and picking up all the games I missed out on when I could not afford the original Wii (The Zelda series, Smash, Super Mario, etc.).

The only problems I have are that I generally hate playing any FPS on the PC (it feels unnatural after years of using a controller) and most of my friends prefer Xbox Live over PC gaming. If any genre defining games (like CoD2, CoD:MW, and Halo:CE) are planned to be released soon, I will probably end up buying the Xbox One.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:53:37 am by Phantasmal »
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2013, 10:07:16 pm »
+1
The only problems I have are that I generally hate playing any FPS on the PC (it feels unnatural after years of using a controller) and most of my friends prefer Xbox Live over PC gaming. If any genre defining games (like CoD2, CoD:MW, and Halo:CE) are planned to be released soon, I will probably end up buying the Xbox One.

Yeah I can't do FPS on a PC, either. One of the things I really liked about consoles is that the sensitivity caps, whereas I get wrecked by casual basement kings on PC.

Regardless, if any developer is ever able to pull off a game as great as CoD:MW, I will not only buy another console, but I will sell my soul to the developer.
I wish people still played Modern Warfare. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2013, 10:14:03 pm »
+2
what the fuck is wrong with you people? You can't play FPS on a computer? The correct argument is that you like fighting games and split-screen games on console but FPS on PC because FPS is total shit on console. you fucking monsters.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2013, 11:17:05 pm »
+1
what the fuck is wrong with you people? You can't play FPS on a computer? The correct argument is that you like fighting games and split-screen games on console but FPS on PC because FPS is total shit on console. you fucking monsters.

After 6 years of being an exclusive console gamer (minus strategy games for the PC), I am indoctrinated into using a console for FPS. I just do much better on the console than the PC.

@Jeade: Sadly, CoD has evolved into a game lacking map creativity and variability. I would almost always snipe in CoD, but Blacks Ops finally broke that habit with how the maps were centered on short ranged combat. Much to my shame, I had to use a FAMAS (like everyone else in the game) in order to approach the top of the boards.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:23:32 pm by Phantasmal »
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2013, 05:55:38 am »
+3
Free Cikel
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2013, 06:01:22 am »
+4
You know what it is you've done

repent

http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/ban-cikel/

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2013, 06:03:22 am »
+1
You know what it is you've done

repent

http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/ban-cikel/

Only if he pays me an indulgence of one loompoint will I forgive his sins.

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2013, 07:56:12 am »
+4
"This guy is a real bundle of sticks" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2013, 07:59:40 am »
+4

Well shit if abraham lincoln said it..

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2013, 08:04:31 am »
+6

While looking for a "feels" meme, stumbled across the most depressing gif I have ever seen...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:07:42 am by Phantasmal »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2013, 10:33:56 am »
+1

While looking for a "feels" meme, stumbled across the most depressing gif I have ever seen...

(click to show/hide)

That gif man. That fucking gif.

I don't care to relive the emotions I experienced while watching that shit.

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2013, 03:32:52 pm »
+1
Will grant more feedback in exchange for the unbannening of Cikels.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2013, 07:32:19 pm »
Cikel was freed 8 hours ago. It was only a day long ban.