Poll

WOULD MAP ROTATION ALTERATIONS HELP NA2?

Yes!
13 (35.1%)
Possibly
17 (45.9%)
No...
7 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: NA2's Population - Would Map Rotation Alterations Help?  (Read 1902 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: NA2's Population - Would Map Rotation Alterations Help?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 02:05:05 am »
I actually like both offense and defense. The only thing that irks me about defense is having to find strategic times to kill myself when I feel like I can't defend the Xth enemy wave with 25% health.

Edit: The reason for the complaint about the switch is that I can't get that feeling of teamwork when its members keep switching around. It's pretty difficult to pull off in just one round.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 05:23:00 am »
Hrafninn Castle seriously needs to go, it was a great map made in a way that ladders worked properly in it, without ladders it is unfortunately completely shit though, and I sadly don't see ladders being returned to siege anytime soon (especially as it'd require 90% of maps to be removed).
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 03:09:45 pm »
I'm not sure that a new map rotation would fix the problem of people not playing siege, but it would at least begin to address the issue somewhat.

I think a big part of why a good number of established players stay away from NA2 most of the time is because the battles there are not very dynamic compared to those you'll find on NA1. When almost all cavalry builds and a large number of ranged builds are useless on the majority of siege maps and players with high agility are handicapped on a large number of siege maps, they inevitably gravitate towards NA1 rather than NA2. The presence of pretty much only infantry on siege means that every match will start to feel the same to your average melee player and he will most likely get bored and leave after a few rounds, especially if he is having trouble sustaining a multiplier. It's basically the same reason why every single melee-only server to date has failed.

Try introducing some maps that allow all classes and builds to contribute in a meaningful way (as battle does) but aren't just "here's a flag on top of a big hill" or something like that and see if the population on NA2 increases at all.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 03:59:58 pm »
Not a bad idea Pentecost.

Plus, HA wouldn't be as annoying in siege cause you wouldn't have 50+ people just waiting for them to die so the round will start again :)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE