Author Topic: flaming katana  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: flaming katana
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 10:39:01 am »
Wow, you sound like a fucking cunt man. People are complaining for valid reasons, yet you're being disgustingly obnoxious about it and mocking them just because they don't fancy losing their multipliers and their patience over one player, who wasn't even meant to have that weapon.

Great job man, you're such a fucking bad-ass. Pathetic clown.
Hihi... you calling someone pathetic and/or clown... coming from you of all people... oh, the irony...

I stand by my point... whining over a "flaming katana" is just plain ridiculous... but... oh no, loosing the multiplier? Yea, I feel terrible now... those poor buggers  :oops: How can I forgive myself for mocking these whiny little girls?!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 11:06:31 am »
This community got so serious and sour. The entire server used to have a laugh when weird shit happened, buggy stuff or messed up stuff. To me that is what cRPG is, a mod with fun things, not too serious. Ladderpulting, siege towers on the battle server, flying carpets, pumpkin hats, trolls and lances of compensation. My favourite day to play this game is patch day, because something always fucks up and the entire server is having a laugh.

Guess it is the multiplier which made winning much too important, so that whenever people lose because of a lulzy reason, they get mad instead of smile about it. People care too much about their gold/xp to enjoy fun things. Like Conquest, the game mode played pretty well at times and yet the server always emptied because it was bad for xp. It's a damn shame. I was left in a 1 vs 1 against a guy with a flaming katana, he glanced on me, I died a bit later. I had a laugh.

Lighten up people, a few thousand less xp is not going to make your life any worse. In any case, if you would have the flaming katana reduce people's xp even when sheated the problem is solved. Wouldn't matter for Thomek because he gets headshot in the first minute anyway.
Worth the double post...

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 11:43:44 am »
+6
I agree that this stuff is funny when it happens rarely enough. The first time you get burned alive will be quite funny, after that you'll see how many other will face the same fate, and you'll laugh at them.
Then this happens on the next round. Every round for the whole map. Then for the whole next map. Then you'll thank the god because you're on the same team with that dickhead, so you can now concentrate on playing the game properly while not getting burned alive. Next map you'll switch server after dying twice more to that weapon.

Imagine if someone had a hack that made his arrows to seek out the nearest enemy, and hit them directly from above, past the shield force field. First time it would look funny how the chat is getting filled with headshot, but soon you'd just video it and make a ban post. Same thing with the flaming sword, ridiculous game breaking stuff are funny for the first 15min, then you'll start wondering why you're even wasting time watching it anymore, if it prevents you from enjoying the game.

Crpg does need some weird/funny/absurd events to take our minds off the grinding. But if people play it for the grind, don't take it away from them. Just spice it up a lil from time to time, with a couple of minutes of firebombing with boomsticks from the flying carpets. But not for hours at a time.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:54:16 pm by Lennu »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 12:21:29 pm »
Why seems everyone fail to realize that everyone using that weapon, except for 1 or 2 specific people, is a bug that will be fixed? Thomek is one of them and he didn't even use it up until now afaik. Everyone keeps saying Khorin is one them too but I haven't seen any confirmation on that one yet.

Anyone else running around with it is an obvious bug and it will be fixed. All this whining is just soooo annoying... Especially when everyone is so dead serious about it.  :|

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 12:42:43 pm »
+2
Why do you even bother with your
Jesus, get a life...
comments.

And if it is really a bug, why not ban all those abusing it extensively aswell?  :lol:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 03:53:17 pm »
+2
Worth the double post...

No it's not, I don't need mother telling me how to have fun.  I love the game and enjoy it very much.  I don't take it too seriously when I'm playing and I never get angry or upset when I play.  Having someone run around with a weapon that is very fast and just has to hit you once (and you will die over a short period of time) is obviously going to upset some people.  I play the game because I'm a competitive person, that's how I get my enjoyment.  My enjoyment is not tied to XP, or staying alive.  I'm not going to be competitive if someone has a "hit once to win" extremely overpowered weapon.   I'll just go do something else with my time. 

I don't think that makes me sour or a kill joy to expect that we don't have a massively overpowered weapon in the hands of an agility whore who has to touch you with it for you to die.  But thank you for trying to tell me how to have fun, much appreciated.  If you want to be funny or quirky without ruining other people's gaming experience, ride a donkey.  Or bring back santa hats (or let men wear dresses), but not a "get hit once and you're as good as dead" weapon...

And no, I don't "just want this weapon" myself.  Even if I had the option to use it, I wouldn't, because I'm not a douchebag.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:58:51 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 04:24:51 pm »
Didn't even read it completely but how many weeks or months are we talking about right now? Oww, wait... the timeframe it was instantly ruining the fun for everyone was... what? A whole afternoon? Maybe 2 afternoons?

Yea, totally justifies all the rage and whine...  8-)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 06:59:25 pm »
+1
Didn't even read it completely but how many weeks or months are we talking about right now? Oww, wait... the timeframe it was instantly ruining the fun for everyone was... what? A whole afternoon? Maybe 2 afternoons?

Yea, totally justifies all the rage and whine...  8-)

I'm neither raging nor whining, sharing my opinion.  It wouldn't upset me enough to get angry or even raise my heartbeat, I'd join another server, or play another game, or take my cats outside.

You're not bringing anything to the discussion other than telling people they are reacting wrong, or their feelings are wrong.  Which, as you probably know, is subjective and really has no bearing on the discussion.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 07:41:34 pm »
I am simply saying that it is blown out of proportion by a mile and most people are overreacting.

Offline George_of_Nottingham

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 01:28:59 am »
+1
benkei halt einfach mal die fresse, du musst nicht immer ein auf "eure post sind so doof" und "ihr heult doch nur rum weil ihr zu schlecht seid" machen.
ist ja klar das du fotze mit deinem ninja clan fickern auf so eine scheiße stehst.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 07:28:51 am »
I am simply saying that it is blown out of proportion by a mile and most people are overreacting.

No.
I usually play after work and sometimes only for an hour, sometimes several hours. I didnt mind when the katana got introduced and people were trying out stuff, that was actually fun.
Next day, some moron is on the server the whole evening and its not even that he is finishing a fight with this shite weapon. He runs into a fight, hits people once and runs away. Thats it. Seconds later, people are dead.
Well yeah, fun! This is a huge inbalance to the teams. In the end people want their x5, if people see x5 on their screen they are satisfied. This weapon keeps people from getting it.
And now you tell us that we shouldnt complain unless this happens for weeks or months? Should I play every day and not have fun? But thats the reason I play for. Should I just check once per day if there is a flaming katana on the server or not?

Sincerely

You suck.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 09:12:10 am »
Answer me one question w/o being the usual dick you are:

How often was the Flaming Katan ruining your fun and for how long?

Let's see if your baby-crying is reasonable... -.-

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 11:22:52 am »
Guys, the flaming katana is gone, and if you ever see it again it will be an extremely rare sight.. :)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 11:26:19 am »
+1
I am prepared.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 11:27:29 am »
Good. Now lets find something else to QQ about.

2h OP