Author Topic: Why oh why are 2h and pole arms still OP?  (Read 22435 times)

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
Re: Why oh why are 2h and pole arms still OP?
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2011, 06:28:32 pm »
WHAT THE HELL IS PEBKAC? goddamn nerds
Tomas Pebkac was a towering centre back in the 1994 Croatian World Cup team.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2011, 06:50:45 pm »
You just have to look at the duell server to discover why there are only very few good shield-players.
Of maybe 20 players 2-3 are shielders. The rest are 2h/poles trying to get better.
Those shielders i meet regular on duel are those being good in siege/battle too.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 07:08:26 pm »
You just have to look at the duell server to discover why there are only very few good shield-players.
Of maybe 20 players 2-3 are shielders. The rest are 2h/poles trying to get better.
Those shielders i meet regular on duel are those being good in siege/battle too.

Yeah exactly. You can use some stuff you pick up duelling as a 2h as 1h too but some of the 1hs still kicked my 1h's ass (when i was playing better)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 07:54:26 pm »
Corrado, I have no idea why you feel the need to suckle on my nuts so much but you are by far one of the most full of shit people I have seen on the forums.  Did I fuck your mother or something?   :rolleyes:
I doubt you could kill me once, while my back is turned and I'm alt-tabbed, much less several times and the fact that your story hinges on the idea that I give a shit about the term weeabo, much less would "threaten you with my admin powers" because of the term weeabo, shows that you are absolutely full of shit.

Sorry I deep dicked the women in your family but that's still no reason to go around taint sniffing my every post and bullshitting.   :rolleyes:  Idiot.

if you spend more time playing and training instead setting up these trolling gags in the forum, you'll find no need to cry rivers against "elitist bs twohanders".

i'm really glad that such a human being is not an admin of EU servers... there is nothing worse than a lowskill player mixed with trololing behaviour and admin rights.

Offline Younity

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2011, 08:56:42 pm »
I believe the game is mostly balanced but tin canning 2 hander heirlooming is simply a little strong. Slow it down at least a little bit? Also I think some of the imbalance comes from the ability for plate armor to heriloom better thus giving yet another advantage to someone going this build. How do you beat someone who attacks on nearly the same speed, has tit-for-tat better armor because its simply heirloomed plate and not light, has good range, and can kill you in one hit while taking 3 times as many.

tl:dr

its a combination of factors giving 2handers a noticeable edge.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2011, 10:46:13 pm »
How do you beat someone who attacks on nearly the same speed, has tit-for-tat better armor because its simply heirloomed plate and not light, has good range, and can kill you in one hit while taking 3 times as many.

Outside of Battle, Siege: Utilize footwork, guile (head games), feints, blocking, parrying (chamber blocks) and kicks. Inside Battle, Siege: All of the above and TEAMWORK. If they're killing you in one hit, don't get hit, use their WPP and speed reduction due to the weight of their armor to your advantage whenever possible.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2011, 10:59:22 pm »
How can you still cry about 2h? swords just got the biggest nerf ever. The small 1h swords have better stats than the 2h at many points. And that shouldent even happen.

I can spam people with a 1h easyli (yes 2hs). And i have 1 wpf. 1h is extremly fast, 2h aint. Its all about movement, tactics and good builds. And many experienced players may find shielding to easy, because you just have to right click to block. Which is why they go to 2h, to get some challenge.

BTW: 1h with a shield still has great speed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2011, 12:05:09 am »
How can you still cry about 2h? swords just got the biggest nerf ever. The small 1h swords have better stats than the 2h at many points. And that shouldent even happen.

I can spam people with a 1h easyli (yes 2hs). And i have 1 wpf. 1h is extremly fast, 2h aint. Its all about movement, tactics and good builds. And many experienced players may find shielding to easy, because you just have to right click to block. Which is why they go to 2h, to get some challenge.

BTW: 1h with a shield still has great speed.
I tried 1h no shield, 50 wpf, doesn't really outswing 2h at all.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2011, 12:12:38 am »
I went 1hand, about 98 WPF as a sidearm for archery in my third gen, and I was doing very, very well with it most of the time. I barely ever used my bow even. The only issue I had was getting stunned by heavier weapons, but I'm not complaining about it by any means.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2011, 07:05:04 am »
Nah, it seems like this game is pretty much pointless unless you have plate armor and a 2hander.  Every game the top 10 players always have almost identical gear, always play the exact same spam style, and the game always rewards the worst players with the best k/d.  I've never seen a game so consistently reward such a complete lack of skill.  I always try to spectate the top players to see if I'm missing anything but I never am, for every 50 2h spammers you might find 1 or 2 guys who are archers or 1h/shield users. 

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2011, 07:11:10 am »
against "elitist bs twohanders".

That you deny there exists 2h elitism only further reinforces your ineptitude.  Your obsession with riding my coat-tails is old, as is your complete ignorance.  I AM a 2her, have had a 2her, and will have a 2her as long as M&B, M&B:Warband, and c-RPG have and will be around.   :rolleyes:

What's your paypal, I'll send you a few bucks so you can buy a fucking clue.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2011, 07:44:51 am »
Stop the flames.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2011, 07:49:48 am »
I dont find my 1H alt useless at all infact i find it easy mode when i load up that alt and go on a rampage with my steel shield and iberian mace... Block?? psst i just press rmb and unload my mace in your face when ever it suits me..
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2011, 08:53:55 am »
Nah, it seems like this game is pretty much pointless unless you have plate armor and a 2hander.  Every game the top 10 players always have almost identical gear, always play the exact same spam style, and the game always rewards the worst players with the best k/d.  I've never seen a game so consistently reward such a complete lack of skill.  I always try to spectate the top players to see if I'm missing anything but I never am, for every 50 2h spammers you might find 1 or 2 guys who are archers or 1h/shield users.

Oh that's why I have a bad k/d every day! Now it all makes sense!

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2011, 09:18:57 am »
It is not that they are bad, but the people they are spamming let themselves be spammed and die.
I never let myself be spammed, and I use a pike.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.