Author Topic: Kicked off strat??  (Read 2047 times)

Offline ForGO_of_Acre

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Pope_Bravo_of_Acre
  • IRC nick: ForGO
Kicked off strat??
« on: July 26, 2013, 01:44:40 am »
+1
So earlier today every thing was dandy on strat, well went to get on it just like 10 minutes ago and its telling me I need to select a hero first, well I go and check to see if it was a glitch, logged out and logged back in, still same thing. My main is my current hero, states it on character select screen on crpg.net and also on the hero tab under strategus. I recently did hero change but I have been using this current toon on strat for past couple days no problem. I have no clue whats going on here, Ive lost 3k troops and 50k gold because of this.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Kicked off strat??
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 05:58:26 pm »
So Harald is the new character alt transfer thing not working for some people.  Should we not switch our mains on strategus just in case this bug happens?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 07:29:15 pm »
So Harald is the new character alt transfer thing not working for some people.  Should we not switch our mains on strategus just in case this bug happens?

Worked for me. Haven't had any problems. I switched to and from my alt.

His problem seems to stem from the fact that his account was "deleted." I highly doubt that's what happened, but have you been AFK for a good while? But, then, we still got all those AFK dots all over, so I doubt that's the problem.

Check with your cookies or something, cause I doubt your character was just deleted.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:41:37 pm »
He had not been afk for more than a day. Don't think that is what happened. And like you said there are many other afk players still on the map.

Offline ForGO_of_Acre

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 10:02:21 pm »
+1
My main was Knight_ForGO_of_Acre, but when I joined acre he was a skip the fun because I hate leveling, wasnt planning on doing much on strat. But then joined acre and started doing strat battles which is pointless on a stf because I dont get the xp from them. So I decided to transfer my hero to my alt. once that was completed I deleted my stf, then moved from south of New Almerra all the way to New Yruma, that took about 3 days. During those three days my hero was Knight_11bravo_of_Acre. Then yesterday I was transfered some stuff so I logged on to make sure it was completed correctly and thats when all this bull pucky went down. It states on crpg.net that 11bravo is my current hero and if I go to strategus.c-rpg.net it tells me to select a hero first. Even on the c-rpg.net site under strat tab, go to map tells me I need to select a hero first.

Under the hero tab on left hand side it clearly states that 11bravo is the current hero.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 04:35:42 am »
My main was Knight_ForGO_of_Acre, but when I joined acre he was a skip the fun because I hate leveling, wasnt planning on doing much on strat. But then joined acre and started doing strat battles which is pointless on a stf because I dont get the xp from them. So I decided to transfer my hero to my alt. once that was completed I deleted my stf, then moved from south of New Almerra all the way to New Yruma, that took about 3 days. During those three days my hero was Knight_11bravo_of_Acre. Then yesterday I was transfered some stuff so I logged on to make sure it was completed correctly and thats when all this bull pucky went down. It states on crpg.net that 11bravo is my current hero and if I go to strategus.c-rpg.net it tells me to select a hero first. Even on the c-rpg.net site under strat tab, go to map tells me I need to select a hero first.

Under the hero tab on left hand side it clearly states that 11bravo is the current hero.

Any dev word on this?  Should he make anew main or will it delete all the stuff he had?  Is the switching your main feature bugging out - should we stop using it?  Are we going to be risking thousands of troops every time we switch our main?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 04:40:15 am »

Problem seems to arise from your deleting your old main. Might want to Try and see if they can reinstate him as that SHOULD fix the problem.
Also you can revert a STF to a regular is you go back to level 1 and lose 10k(IE what happens when you STF). Contact dev personally via IRC.

Any dev word on this?  Should he make anew main or will it delete all the stuff he had?  Is the switching your main feature bugging out - should we stop using it?  Are we going to be risking thousands of troops every time we switch our main?
Kesh, just look at me or Bale, neither of us have lost anything (You in fact questioned me about my character switch).

Offline ForGO_of_Acre

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 08:49:38 pm »
How do I ask about re-instating my old main, and its been almost a week now since I have deleted this character, is that too late?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 09:29:10 pm »
IRC should help. I'd say Meow, but I don't know if he's still around anymore :cry:

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 08:09:16 pm »
Any word from devs on this major bug?

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 07:21:55 pm »
Any information about a fix or reinstatement of troops/gold from this?

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 07:30:27 pm »
Don't expect the devs to pay much attention unless if you go to the level of repeatedly harassing them. When Frisia lost nearly 2,000 troops because of poor programming in Strategus I tried to go into the IRC multiple times to get a fix and a return on troops, they tended to ignore my posts.

I find it doubtful any restitution will come about. Even huge issues like the gear bug and broken siege equipment take months to fix with this crew.

However, if you're really desperate to get them to fix something just do what I did; offer them $5 to fix a huge flaw.

Offline ForGO_of_Acre

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 08:47:40 pm »
+1
Been on IRC every day and only one to remotely help was tydeus but hes no dev. I think this is gonna be a loss, time to move on I reckon.
But the big thing is I cant go on strat period, no character on strat map. Like I cant go on to strat map period, so I can not participate in strat at all. I can do strat battles but beyond that nothing. Its really annoying.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 09:27:28 pm »
+1
To be honest, I can deal with the troop loss, but ForGO does need to be able to get back on strat at some point.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 02:20:33 pm »
+1
that sucks Bravo, i hope you get your shit back. If i knew more about it i'd give you my 2 cents but i'll just harass Tydeus for you when i see him on!