Author Topic: War Bow or Long bow for pure archer?  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Amender

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Risen_Crixus Risen_Amender
War Bow or Long bow for pure archer?
« on: May 09, 2011, 07:38:04 pm »
Hey i have got a long bow and a war bow, im going 18s21a with 5IF 1PS 7A 6PD 7WM gunna spend all my WPP on Archery, im thinking that war bow is more accurate and faster at shooting? and that the long bow is slower but more powerfull against armoured units? need some advice.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:49:25 pm by Kalam »

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
Re: War Bow or Long bow for pure archer?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:03:29 pm »
Longbow if you're cool. It's getting a buff next patch too. :D

Offline Hauptmann

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • I love you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 09:13:09 pm »
Longbow does pierce damage, warbow does cut. Longbow seems like the winner, here.
Never again.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:28:43 pm »
Still pierce or cut damage?
Because i shoot an naked peasant lv10-15 i think, with my Mw longbow and 10 pd he didnt die, i had to shot 1 arrow more.
Next round i shot him with strongbow and he died by 1 shot.The longbow should get more pierce or the old  cut.
I think you should use the longbow at the big open battlefields, so you can shoot from far away into the crowded camping places, because of the high shotspeed.
I use the warbow at maps with not alot of open places , so you can react faster to cav attacks.
My favourite build for  archery is 18/24 6 pd and 172 wpf. You cant be more accurate with long or warbow.

(bad english, i know ...)

Offline Mullerian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 09:31:20 pm »
Longbow does pierce damage, warbow does cut. Longbow seems like the winner, here.

It does lower pierce damage than the warbow and it shoots far slower. Comparing just a single set of stats on the weapons seems like a rather flawed comparison to make.

Anyways i would recommend buying and trying out both. I like having both for specific scenarios. For example i prefer for the warbow for when theres a lot of horse archers, then the longbow just seems too slow to shoot back properly.

And for the post above, i heard they were buffing the pierce damage on the longbow a bit. Do a search for posts by Paul.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 02:36:23 am »
At current the stats of the warbow outweight the longbow no matter what you do, it is more accurate, shoots nearly just as far and does far more damage, I would highly recommend using the warbow and even with the alleged buff for 2 pierce damage and 1 accuracy to the longbow, it still means that the warbow is the way to go!

Despite that, I created a longbowman, have done since day 1 (Other than my HA phase) and plan to stick to it because it looks so much better, especially now it doesn't look like a hunting bow when it's drawn back now!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 03:46:36 am »
Try longbow and strongbow, warbow is the in-between but it takes up 2 valuable equipment slots.  When you say pure archer are you going to carry a melee weapon at all?  If not use strongbow so more ammo and shoot faster so you don't have to melee as often.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline PikeDan

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro Fide, pro utilitate hominum
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Pikedan
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 10:54:40 pm »
Longbow is the choice for "pure" builds because you're going to need that pierce damage so you can kill tin cans more often, Warbow's the better "Hybrid" bow as far as the high tier bows go, because it's faster, does more damage prior to armor (31 cut, last time I checked, but for some reason I've got a "Balanced" longbow and a "Balanced" Warbow with 32 Pierce.) And has a faster projectile speed.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.