Author Topic: Finished with cRPG? Some ways to fill the void...  (Read 3385 times)

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
Re: Finished with cRPG? Some ways to fill the void...
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 01:28:23 pm »
Ahh the legendary beaches of the Melbourne winter. Also known as the winter of pestilence and death.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 01:31:01 pm »
+3
The Australian community is definitely dying with no server. I feel bad for Aussies on NA with 200+ ping trying to play.

No wonder they dying,did you ever wathced on television what animals live there? I wonder how anyone is alive in Australia with that amount of dangerous snakes,spiders,sharks... AU is dead cuz animals killed them all. :(

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 01:34:02 pm »
+2
War of the Roses?  :lol:

The worst excuse for a medieval game ever created, complete shit.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 04:29:18 pm »
+2
i dont think ive read a good review of War of Roses yet

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 04:51:48 pm »
As a personal suggestion if cRPG goes down you should try native again. However that might not apply to AUS as I have no idea how active they are. I think Nord Invasion is a rather active mod in AUS though
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 05:21:06 pm »
Get bombed more noobs
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 05:24:23 pm »
i dont think ive read a good review of War of Roses yet

You never will,

Playing in alpha testing they said they were not going to make any drastic changes even after everyone complained about it, especially the animations but they were adamant it was fine. Now it sold well(ish) but it's a game that is terrible and i for one will never play a game of theirs again.

If they had listened to us actually giving thoughtful suggestions then they may have made a much better game but they didin't so it's shit.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 05:26:29 pm »
Wait wait wait, the brits let criminals play games on the computer! CRIKEY!

You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 05:50:41 pm »
AUS crpg was never big, the rest still is.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 06:15:46 pm »
+1
post some good games instead

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 01:07:23 am »
@Haboe   That simply isnt true. Aus was largest just after the first upkeep patch (when you could run about 50K in AUS and make a tiny bit). Because AUS is smaller you need to use less gear and that drove players away. We had a full 64 man serve rfor a short time and that was super awesome.

More recently LCC took over and a lot of the fire and sword guys played. They were decent players but couldnt get the admin tools working and were very lazy when it came to server maintenance that killed AUS cRPG for good.

I will add a few more games if you like. I must warn that war of the roses is very different to the beta however it has many a flaw. It has a suprising focus on level progression and an almost prepatch cRPG item system (best weps cost the most and are really, really expensive).

PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 01:30:45 am »
+2
I got WotR during the steam sale and played it for the first time since beta. Honestly it's not shit, it just plays different from M&B because it's a different game. I actually enjoy running around with a staff in the lightest armor and smashing in the heads of tin cans. I also like to play it when I want cRPG but a TDM style of play because the arcade feel is faster and looser than M&B combat.

Offline Just A Random Pizza Guy

• Count
  • Renown: 153
  • Infamy: 3
  • Bottom Shot NA/Ban thread Attorney.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul/Fuck Ravens
  • Game nicks: Random_Pizza_Guy
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 01:51:13 am »
+2
AUS cRPG is finally dead, cRPG will be finished soon.

So what to do next? There have always been alternatives the ones I have played are below.

-chivalry

Probably the most fun but least eventful. Decapitation and  really well made and balanced maps make for a very "pretty" and immersive gameplay.

This game takes the melee combat of warband dumbs it down makes it extremely easy to pick up and pretty difficult to master. Play as a proper super soldiers until your stamina wears off. Has a nice feint system and promotes reflex and fast thinking. It does not have directional blocking. It has fire grenades.

-War of the Roses

After a disastrous beta in which the servers couldn't handle the game this game came back with a vengeance. Directional blocking, combined with only the blades of weapons doing damage make it pretty damn cool. A wide range of weapons and perks help you customize your characters performance.  Visual customisation such as crests, plumes, paint add depth and help you recognise opponents.

Armour has weak points and visors can be raised and lowered. Vision is affected but a slash to the face with visor up will kill you otherwise. Bandaging your own wounds and helping others of the ground when mortally wounded adds depth and real significance to holding an area.

I have spent a bit of time in this game and was initially frustrated at how powerful plate was but once I picked up on a plate wearers weaknesses and started exploiting them (especially if they didn't close their visor) the game started to make sense. Excellent nudge system. 

-Napoleonic Wars

Using the notorious warband engine this "mod" is goofy and awkward with overhead stabs and funny hats. Character customisation is at a minimum but if you like team play this mod is excellent. With a "march" button, binoculars for captains, brilliant cav balance and a selection of special situational weapons. This mod is supported by a strong and dedicated community. The guns are very inaccurate and a lot of "blade work" gets done for those melee fanatics.

A really well worked out siege mode and great  maps boosted by an engineer class and destructible environments allows for deep gameplay and epic last stands.

As with all warband mods it has its flaws. The ceilings are too short and affect player view and the playable instruments although awesome are really just usd by griefers. The ability to sit on a toilet adds immersion to gameplay unsurpassed by any other game.

-Persistent World

This mod is massive and highly evolved. It surpassed cRPG's development many versions ago and is the most RP of any mod available. This is a mod that relies on the Town Watch and admins to keep alive. Greifing is easy and so is breaking in to castles at off peak times to get cash. Some great features are the ability to fall of a horse without it dyeing. Carrying items above your qualification for a massive penalty (great for looting the battle field).

This is a very grindy mod and is worth a shot with a few friends in ts. The biggest issue in this mod for cRPG players (assuming good admins) is that violence is not always the answer and because of the massive server load money wins fights. So cRPG players tend to pick fights and get outplayed by fatty plate and the merits of the greatsword.

-Native

This mod is like a bad attempt at making cRPG. No character developement or RP. Minimal choice of weapons and a single player inferior to most other mods getting around. I would avoid this mod at all costs.

-Nord invasion

Im not really sure how to describe nord invasion without mentioning the old DTV. Its most certainly an old mod that has had a lot of continuous development much of it wasted. Changing the 1H animations did not improve them and is a pet hate of mine. Other than that if you like character progression and particularly ugly websites NI could be for you. This mod does have a wide range of items and the first wave of peasants do use saucepans.
All the downvotes because he has a different opinion.

FUCK YOU GUY FOR THINKING WOTR IS GOOD NOT COMPLETE SHIT SCRUB NOOB.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 03:09:32 am »
+1
how about that mercenaries mod? its like a bad clone of crpg, only theres no leveling, every gets the same amount of skill points, attributes and perks (yes there are perks), last i checked, there are quite a few mercenaries players that play cRPG,

PS. stay away from any mod that has "persistent" in its title, that word is a easy giveaway for a shit mod
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Just A Random Pizza Guy

• Count
  • Renown: 153
  • Infamy: 3
  • Bottom Shot NA/Ban thread Attorney.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul/Fuck Ravens
  • Game nicks: Random_Pizza_Guy
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 03:21:02 am »
how about that mercenaries mod? its like a bad clone of crpg, only theres no leveling, every gets the same amount of skill points, attributes and perks (yes there are perks), last i checked, there are quite a few mercenaries players that play cRPG,

PS. stay away from any mod that has "persistent" in its title, that word is a easy giveaway for a shit mod
Every server restart ruins any "Persistence" that it may have had, and admins/communities are full of assholes.

I do have fun playing the mod if I can get a few good hours without random bullshit. Pirating in PF on a boat is pretty damn fun. Until server restarts to a map everyone voted against in chat...