Author Topic: What is the best gamemode for xp?  (Read 1898 times)

Offline elvis1325

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • #REMEMBERYOSHI
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The People's Republic of Yoshi
  • Game nicks: Taril_Yoshi_III, Taril_the_Yoshi_Conscript
What is the best gamemode for xp?
« on: July 19, 2013, 01:44:01 am »
Basically I want to be 31 and get it over with, but I can't find a game mode which gives more xp than others. Please don't say start battles, the ones I get into give me max 7000xp, in big ones I get removed last minute even though there are 15+ spaces left, so they aren't an option.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On the grand scale of Dwarven global threat assessment, Acre is currently ranked pretty low. Just slightly below Yoshis and factions that no longer exist.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
Re: What is the best gamemode for xp?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 01:48:56 am »
+1
Strat sieges are the xp boosters, not battles.

On the other hand, if you can find a good bunch of allies, DTV brings in handsome xp as well. Try it out and see for yourself.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 01:51:02 am »
For those big battles, you need to join a bigger clan and be member for some time as they need to know you and your skills.

Otherwise, are you in a clan? Best way to get xp, is of course rolling a server. Battle or siege doesn't even matter here but either way are good to get lots of xp when playing with many clan mates.

If you play without, I'd say siege is the better game mode to get good xp. I hope you're also a melee player as it is usually the melee player to decide a round, or better saying he rather decides a round, in making more kills and stuff. Of course there are also archers on the battlefield who do many kills and turn a fight easily around, however strong melee players probably got more influence there.

Anyway, I say siege because it is often depending on the map. There are maps that are "easier" to be defended or attacked. Battle does of course also have maps that are better for cavalry for example, however I experienced that when playing without a clan, you will mostly get x1 - x3 on battle, but will more often roll x3-x5 on siege.

Can't say much to DTV.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 01:54:26 am »
Battle does of course also have maps that are better for cavalry for example, however I experienced that when playing without a clan, you will mostly get x1 - x3 on battle, but will more often roll x3-x5 on siege.

I approve of this part in particular. I didn't even mention battle, because you can't sustain a good multiplier without coordinated effort, which is only possible with a big clan.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 03:04:00 am »
Battle for myself, I tend to get luckier for longer in battle than in siege. Better to get two ticks each of x1 to x5 than to play 2 maps in a row of x1/x2 on siege. Hard to give a concrete answer that works for everyone, but I'd say battle overall while leveling. However, if you're a decent player in a low pop siege server like NA usually is then you can make a big impact on the outcome of the rounds.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 04:53:26 am »
+3
Please don't say start battles, the ones I get into give me max 7000xp, in big ones I get removed last minute even though there are 15+ spaces left, so they aren't an option.

Are you in your side's teamspeak 20-30 minutes beforehand for rollcall? You can get a few hundred thousand XP from a ~1600 troops per side ~hour and a half strat battle. If you fight several in a row you can earn over a million XP in a few hours.

Otherwise just join the battle server and try to win a lot.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 05:34:55 am »
+3
A full EU DTV server on a cheesy map. DTV gets huge when no one dies and waves go fast.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 06:58:06 am »
+3
You can get a few hundred thousand XP from a ~1600 troops per side ~hour and a half strat battle. If you fight several in a row you can earn over a million XP in a few hours.

More like a few milions in a few hours... At least on EU side.

Offline elvis1325

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • #REMEMBERYOSHI
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The People's Republic of Yoshi
  • Game nicks: Taril_Yoshi_III, Taril_the_Yoshi_Conscript
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 07:18:24 am »
Im in Republic of Rohan, and when I go in TS 30 mins before, it is empty. I tried dtv, it does seem to be a good source of xp.

On the grand scale of Dwarven global threat assessment, Acre is currently ranked pretty low. Just slightly below Yoshis and factions that no longer exist.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 12:05:43 pm »
+1
IMO large strat battles give the most exp. 1500 vs 1500 shiny armies will most likely destroy each other, winner having ~200 tickets in the end. While on strat sieges the defender usually suffers fewer losses, and less exp. And on strat sieges it's usually the timer that forces the attacker to retreat, so even the attacker doesn't lose all it's tickets. 
But to get into strat battles you need to be a clan, or just a good player in general to get people to recognize you. So when you're playing on a normal siege/battle server, play smart, get kills, stick with your teammates(=teamwork), don't act like a dick(intentional th) and ofc top the scoreboard  :lol: This way when factions are checking their rosters for strat battles, they will remember your name and if you're in ts on time you'll get accepted, if you've applied early enough. Ofc, when fighting on strat battles you need to listen to the orders, and follow them (even some good players have difficulties with this one).

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 04:53:11 pm »
Siege, if your good you can almost make constant valour, that way you dont need a team to gang up with. For me that is the easiest way to lvl up.

Strat battles are also nice  :wink:

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 05:20:44 pm »
I find the battle gamemode much easier to get exp on.
1) Multi is more reliable in battle. If you get in a good team, you often go all the way to x5 the whole map. On siege teams change every round so you can lose at any time.
2) It is in fact easier to get valour in battle, because on siege some people get shitloads of points just because they find a good spot to fight at (getting proximity points), and so it's almost impossible to get more yourself. In battle it depends more on how many points you got, 25-35 is usually enought to get valour which is not hard for melee player.
3) In battle you can go to kitchen to get a cup of tea while you're dead and spectating.  8-)

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 08:49:56 am »
Noone mentioned that on battle mode you are getting additional tick on 6:30 ;)

With this tick IMO on battle mode you will lvl up a bit faster
Archer forever :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 04:29:03 pm »
I tend to keep multipliers a lot longer in battle than in siege.  The reason I think is because siege maps are so one-sided and you're bound to be on both the attacking and defending side before the map changes.

On battle the maps are a lot more balanced (compared to siege anyways) so you can get lucky and roll x5 for a few maps in a row (if you get some nicely timed valor).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 01:20:15 am »