Author Topic: Why does the Langes Messer in two-handed mode have the polearm thrust?  (Read 557 times)

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
Just thought it was a bit odd, can anyone explain?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
1 slot two-hander balance, I'd imagine
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
+2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38sVdx7nzhQ
video description: "The pieces of fencing shown here are our interpretations of the corresponding pieces from the Fechtbuch by Johannes Lecküchner"

my guess is with most swords the thrust was mostly done using "half swording" to add strength to the thrust to actually penetrate armor with far less chance of a glancing blow, so I'm guessing it's a little bit of what Smooth said and a little bit historical accuracy.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:06:44 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
hey palurgee looks like you read my suggestion in your other thread about using the langes as a 2h weapon.

The answer lies somewhere betweens smooth's and mori's answers. I think the langes is supposed to be a flexible sword as opposed two a true 2handed weapon like a bastard sword.

imo the thrust is best used as a surprise move to catch opponent offguard. Using it alot leaves you open and vulnerable like other lolstabs.